Boston University Reviews

3,069 reviews
BU is great it has one of the most beautiful campuses in the world nestled right in with the city of Boston. It’s very safe and a wonderful learning environment with challenging courses but lots of fun outside of school with plenty of activities around BU and Boston
I've completed one year at BU, and I love the experiences I've had there so far! I have made incredible friends from all over the US and the world. All of the professors I have had the pleasure of being taught from were all very caring for their students, and take pride in the subjects that they teach. My professors freshman year were some of the most intelligent individuals I have ever met, and look forward to what other intellects I will meet at the rest of my time at BU. As for social life, the party scene is fun at first but hanging out with friends in the city or just in the dorms is where my real memories were made. The hockey games are a must though! The food served in the dining halls is some of the best in all of the US universities. There is lots of variety for students with dietary restrictions and there is always something you'll like everyone you visit! Overall, I'm excited to see what else BU brings my way in the next 3 years!
From the moment I visited campus during my extensive college search, I knew that BU was the place I wanted to be. Since enrolling, I have met so many wonderful, diverse, and unique people that have opened my eyes not only to new interests and hobbies but also have taught me so much about the world around me. I have had so many interesting and well rounded professors, many of whom are so full of information and passion for their subjects that it almost seems like you'll never learn it all. Boston is a wonderful international city to begin the next big chapter of your life in, and BU is a fantastic starting block to get your professional life started from.
Review Boston University
Good college and a diverse community. It's a great option for someone who wants to go to college in a urban environment but it still has a campus.
It is a good urban college. The placement team in the social work department was very helpful in finding me an internship in the area I was interested in.
The school and city atmosphere is amazing and would not trade it for anything. The only downside is the price of the school.
BU was the perfect place to go to college. I was hooked since the second I went on a tour junior year of high school - a match made in heaven.
Great campus! Really has made an impact on what I am truly interested in and what path I actually want to do! Great people who work here and have become mentors to me. My experiences so far have been amazing and I don't regret my decision!
BU has become a home away from home for me. The campus is amazing and the administration is even better. I have had an excellent time on this campus and leaving in two years is a sad reality.
Difficult to maintain good grades due to grade deflation, stress, and lack of sleep. Some professors are so bad that its hard to do well
Overall good. Some large courses are poorly managed, making them harder than necessary. Great city to live in, the public transportation will take you anywhere.
I think I'll get a great return on investing in Boston University. Living in the heart of a successful city amongst peers from all over the world will give me a better head start in the real world. However, I wish there wasn't grade deflation.
BU has a challenging academic climate but is full of creative, unique, and friendly people, and plenty of resources for support. It couldn't be in a better location, we're minutes away from the city center and right next to dozens of other phenomenal universities. I've found my place and my people here.
What I like most about Boston University is the vigorous classwork. I truly feel that the curriculum has pushed me to become more of a critical thinker, to manage my time better, and to go the extra mile. I also have had great experiences with the faculty at BU. As a transfer student, I struggled my first semester to catch up on the ins and outs of the school. Many of my professors were available outside of class not only to help me with academics but also with adjusting to the school as a whole.
Something I think could be improved at BU would be the advising. After just one year I have had three different advisers. Not only does switching advisers make it difficult to plan a class schedule and ensure that I am taking the right classes, it has made it hard to feel as if I have made a real connection or found a mentor to help me on an individual level.
Made the right decision in going home. BU definitely made me feel at home and I plan to live in this city after graduation.
Boston University is great in a range of aspects. The location is engaging and exciting as it is located in the center of the city and still gives BU a campus-feel. The professors are well-renowned and highly intellectual in their subject matter.
They are always available to the students and continuously encourage them to grow. The campus population is very diverse and there is a multitude of clubs suitable for all students.
I think it is a fantastic place to study and mingle with a huge diversity of people from across the globe. It is definitely a place I'd recommend. I do wish that the dorms would be nicer and it gives you a city campus feel, not a campus-campus feel.
Review Boston University
Boston University's academics are phenomenal with qualified and caring professors teaching rigorous courses. The student body is very diverse with students from all over the world and so many different clubs and activities to be a part of. The food is amazing, and located near downtown Boston, the atmosphere is great. Transportation is never an issue with access to the city via walking, the T, biking, or an uber always being convenient. The campus is always buzzing and there is always a party somewhere near campus on the weekends. Its proximity to MIT, Harvard, and NU among many other schools also allows for a more varied social life. The campus is extremely safe and BUPD is always around.
BU is definitely the school for me but I can see why it would not be a great fit for everyone. It is a very large school, and at first it was difficult to make friends at first, but once you become involved and create a smaller community for yourself it becomes a lot better. The professors are great and so is the whole "vibe" of the campus. I love being in Boston because there is always something to do. Although the cost of living is high, it is worth it for me because there are so many opportunities that you wouldn't be able to get if you went to a school in a small town. In my own opinion, BU is definitely worth if if you are pursuing a health care career, engineering, or communications.
Boston University offers a wide variety of courses no matter what your major is. Some Professors are better at teaching material than others, but overall the workload is very competitive among students. Resources are available for academic advising, graduating, etc., but the University needs to do more to help students as they progress through their undergraduate studies.