Boston University Reviews

3,074 reviews
I love everything about BU. I'm a student in the college of Fine Arts, and honestly the classes are just the right mix of challenging and interesting. I love where BU is situated, Boston is a wonderful city to be living in. I've also definitely been able to find my niche of people here- everyone is so friendly and accepting!! I definitely recommend doing the First Year Student Outreach Program if you're going to be a freshman on campus, it really helps with making friends and is a truly unforgettable experience.
I love how diverse this University is. i loved the support that they give you as a freshment. I loved that they care about their students. Also, it is really convinient because it's in the city.
Extensive course offerings. Small class sizes. Best campus in Boston right on Charles River and easy access to all Boston has to offer.
Start Your Review of Boston University
Extremely well organized infrastructure, facilities and services.
Great place to study, live and network.
Outstanding academic programs. Exclusively outgoing and respective youthful peers. Tons of organizations to lay down some roots and find oneself. Overall, an amazing university!
BU is great it has one of the most beautiful campuses in the world nestled right in with the city of Boston. It’s very safe and a wonderful learning environment with challenging courses but lots of fun outside of school with plenty of activities around BU and Boston
I've completed one year at BU, and I love the experiences I've had there so far! I have made incredible friends from all over the US and the world. All of the professors I have had the pleasure of being taught from were all very caring for their students, and take pride in the subjects that they teach. My professors freshman year were some of the most intelligent individuals I have ever met, and look forward to what other intellects I will meet at the rest of my time at BU. As for social life, the party scene is fun at first but hanging out with friends in the city or just in the dorms is where my real memories were made. The hockey games are a must though! The food served in the dining halls is some of the best in all of the US universities. There is lots of variety for students with dietary restrictions and there is always something you'll like everyone you visit! Overall, I'm excited to see what else BU brings my way in the next 3 years!
From the moment I visited campus during my extensive college search, I knew that BU was the place I wanted to be. Since enrolling, I have met so many wonderful, diverse, and unique people that have opened my eyes not only to new interests and hobbies but also have taught me so much about the world around me. I have had so many interesting and well rounded professors, many of whom are so full of information and passion for their subjects that it almost seems like you'll never learn it all. Boston is a wonderful international city to begin the next big chapter of your life in, and BU is a fantastic starting block to get your professional life started from.
Good college and a diverse community. It's a great option for someone who wants to go to college in a urban environment but it still has a campus.
It is a good urban college. The placement team in the social work department was very helpful in finding me an internship in the area I was interested in.
The school and city atmosphere is amazing and would not trade it for anything. The only downside is the price of the school.
BU was the perfect place to go to college. I was hooked since the second I went on a tour junior year of high school - a match made in heaven.
Great campus! Really has made an impact on what I am truly interested in and what path I actually want to do! Great people who work here and have become mentors to me. My experiences so far have been amazing and I don't regret my decision!
BU has become a home away from home for me. The campus is amazing and the administration is even better. I have had an excellent time on this campus and leaving in two years is a sad reality.
Difficult to maintain good grades due to grade deflation, stress, and lack of sleep. Some professors are so bad that its hard to do well
Overall good. Some large courses are poorly managed, making them harder than necessary. Great city to live in, the public transportation will take you anywhere.
I think I'll get a great return on investing in Boston University. Living in the heart of a successful city amongst peers from all over the world will give me a better head start in the real world. However, I wish there wasn't grade deflation.
Start Your Review of Boston University
BU has a challenging academic climate but is full of creative, unique, and friendly people, and plenty of resources for support. It couldn't be in a better location, we're minutes away from the city center and right next to dozens of other phenomenal universities. I've found my place and my people here.
What I like most about Boston University is the vigorous classwork. I truly feel that the curriculum has pushed me to become more of a critical thinker, to manage my time better, and to go the extra mile. I also have had great experiences with the faculty at BU. As a transfer student, I struggled my first semester to catch up on the ins and outs of the school. Many of my professors were available outside of class not only to help me with academics but also with adjusting to the school as a whole.
Something I think could be improved at BU would be the advising. After just one year I have had three different advisers. Not only does switching advisers make it difficult to plan a class schedule and ensure that I am taking the right classes, it has made it hard to feel as if I have made a real connection or found a mentor to help me on an individual level.
Made the right decision in going home. BU definitely made me feel at home and I plan to live in this city after graduation.