Boston College Reviews

1,376 reviews
Some profs are better than others. Some can be very bland, while others are quite interesting. The prevet scene isn't very good. There isn't much support. You can take the T to Boston which is nice though sometimes it does feel a bit isolated as there isn't too much to do in a ten minute walking distance. I liked Newton campus but again, it is pretty isolated. The Stuart Dining hall is probably one of the best places for food though.
Boston College has an amazing campus and such a welcoming student body that makes it my top school to apply to and proves that going to college can be a pleasant experience. Should I go there I will be able to learn at a top school and be able to appreciate not only the school itself with the gorgeous architecture and the friendly students, but the accessible staff that has great open office hours and are always happy to answer any question a student has.
I love Boston College because of the dedication of the professors and faculty to the success of students. As a first generation, low-income college student, professors and other faculty members that openly and outwardly express their willingness to help students creates an environment that I feel heard and seen in. The classes are intellectually challenging and some are even socially challenging as group work, team work, collaboration, and community service may be involved. Unfortunately, Boston College has failed to create an atmosphere in which students that do not fit into the 'white' or 'middle class' categories are able to feel comfortable in.
Start Your Review of Boston College
Very good school, academics and people are very nice. Administration doesn't listen to students very much and it is expensive.
I am going to be a sophomore and I love it at BC. Great people and awesome academics. Would recommend at least a visit.
The student body is overwhelmingly white, Catholic, and middle class. As a person of color it can be a little weird being surrounded by white kids, but that doesn't mean there aren't people of color on campus--there definitely are, but it takes more effort to find them. Overall, the experience is very much whatyou make it to be; I personally didn't enjoy BC until my junior year.
As a recent grad, there were definitely a lot of things I wanted to see changed during my four years, but looking back I would definitely do it all again. I don’t think the issues I saw were unique to BC but rather complaints that pretty much all college students at any university would complain about such as managing a work-life balance and administrative policies that keep the university’s long term goals rather than a student’s short term goals in mind. I don’t think I could have asked for better academic quality, personal growth, or career placement. Although biased as a recent grad, I think BC did a great job in helping me to think more clearly while providing me the skills for my career.
During the college application process, I was not expecting to attend Boston College. The university was always in my pool of options, but I had my eyes set on another school. After being rejected from that school, I decided to attend BC. After completing one year at BC, I can say it was everything and more that I hoped college would be. Boston College's beautiful campus, wonderful array of courses, outstanding professors, and motivated students create a supportive environment and provides a superb education.
I wholeheartedly love this school. There are opportunities everywhere and professors who are looking to help and connect with students. I do wish the administration would listen to the student body more and the financial aid office can be quite stingy.
The students are very driven and the teachers are dedicated to seeing you succeed. Although the school is a bit lacking in it's diversity in terms of students and some courses (specifically in those focused on diversity) there is never a shortage of clubs and activities to join to find more people like yourself. The campus is breath taking (both in the view and the million dollar staircase). It is in a great location--accessible to Boston but not in the middle of it where transportation becomes a major issue.
Boston College is one of the best decisions I could have made for college. It has allowed me to grow so much as a person and to learn new things I could not have learned anywhere else. I have met some of the best people and continue to meet great people everyday. Boston College really cares for their students and ensures they are getting the best education.
Boston College is the perfect amalgamation of everything a student would look for in a college. The academics are amazing with such intelligent and caring professors that genuinely want to help the students. Despite there not being greek life, the social life is still very lively with hundreds of clubs to join to foster that sense of community and mentorship.
Boston College provided me with a home and gave me the confidence to move toward reaching my goals for the future. My professors, classmates, and friends fostered an environment that allowed me to grow into the best version of myself: the courses challenged me intellectually and my support system will follow me for a lifetime.
After transferring to Boston College, I felt very afraid. But everyone was so welcoming. Filled with international students who are friendly and lots of northern kids who know their way around Boston and NY, I felt right at home. Would love to see the housing process change and more students live off campus.
Visited for three days and loved it. Due to my three day experience, I decided to commit to BC. Education seems rigorous and diversity is ok from what I saw. Also, the objective behind how they educate students was quite compelling.
Boston College is so much better than I could have imagined. The course load is rigorous but the access to professors is amazing. Very caring faculty. The sports scene for someone who does not drink is still incredibly fun and exciting.
I like the academic programs and the interesting rigor of the courses. I would like to see more mental and emotional support from the administration, particularly for students of color, disabled students, immigrant students, and students identifying as LGBTQ+.
Start Your Review of Boston College
Boston College is very privileged. As a student with disabilities, I have found my time here to be difficult. The school is not very accommodating and little funding is given to disability and mental health resources. If you struggle with any disability (including mental health) you are probably better off going somewhere else. States school actually tend to be quite good for them, depending on the state.
I love the alumni network that I know BC has; it makes the thought of applying for jobs seem a little less stressful. I think it also speaks to the really strong sense of community and family felt here on the BC campus and the how that feeling isn't lost when you graduate. One thing I would like to see improve is the University's responses to social issues on campus.
Boston College is a great university with outstanding resources; however, as a college freshman, the transition to college was not the easiest. My experience has only gotten better as time goes on, so I hope this upward trajectory continues.