Boston College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-A
Atlantic Coast Conference
Boston College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.75 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.74 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.74 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.58 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.121 responses
After Boston College
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.40 responses
Boston College Reviews
Review Boston College
My time at Boston College changed my life. Not only did the university provide me with a world class liberal arts education, it also formed me as a person. Social justice and civic responsibility were two recurrent themes in many of my classes, and the student body was very active in volunteer work and pursuing their passions. In short, Boston College is one of the most inspirational places I've ever been a part of!
Currently as a junior, I think that the culture of this university does not particularly mesh well with me. The students at the school seem all quite similar (Type-A, super competitive, and somewhat superficial). There just seems to be an aura of politics within the campus that makes me uncomfortable. The facilities and the academics are great though!
Boston College was the perfect fit for me. Originally, I had been extremely hesitant to start school. It was my third choice and I was worried about the student culture. However, I've made the best friends I've ever had, taken intellectually stimulating courses with top-notch professors, and found a perfect home-away-from-home. I'll miss BC!