Boston College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.75 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.75 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.75 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.59 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.122 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.40 responses
Boston College Reviews
I love my experience at Boston College. The faculty here are the best teachers I have ever encountered in my lifelong academic journey. I have never had a bad professor at Boston College. The student body is great here as so many students find it easy to get along and meet each other with the multitude of groups and campus organizations/clubs that are eager to include students. Plus, the food is great!
Boston College is one of the most interesting institutions in the U.S. It's academics are seen as competitive to higher-level schools, with excellent faculty and professors included. School life is rather comfortable as well, with amenities for students in most places. But there are several issues; with a conservative stance for some administrators, there are clashes with the voice of the student body and the university. In addition, diversity has always been seen as an issue, with people of color facing adversities and lack of representation at times due to the rather unbalanced population.
My time at Boston College changed my life. Not only did the university provide me with a world class liberal arts education, it also formed me as a person. Social justice and civic responsibility were two recurrent themes in many of my classes, and the student body was very active in volunteer work and pursuing their passions. In short, Boston College is one of the most inspirational places I've ever been a part of!