Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing Reviews

I earned a BSN here and grateful for all the training received in this school. The college has excellent learning, state of the art simulations, wide range of practicum facilities, and more. There no better place to excel as a nursing student better than BSMCON. BSMCON is the best to prepare you the best way possible.
As an alumni I feel that I was MORE than prepared for NCLEX not to mention my job. I loved the majority of the faculty and felt supported the whole way through. Like all schools there are always going to be room for improvement. No school is perfect. Don’t go into nursing school thinking it’s going to be perfect or easy by any means. Those three years were the hardest three years of my life, but I would trade them for the world.
Start Your Review of Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
Bon Secours is a great school, their values closely match mine. Everyone is very friendly and it is a small school which makes it an experience where everyone knows everyone and people care about you and succeeding.
I truly enjoy the program this school offers. It is very fast paced, but you earn your degree in less than three years. The instructors are amazing and very helpful. Since it is such a tiny school and campus, the staff are very hands on and know the students by name. They are always there to help.
I'm an incoming student, but just by the first orientation, I was super excited about being a part of this program. All of the faculty there are super experienced, knowledgeable, and most importantly willing to help you with any questions or concerns you have.
Not friendly to diverse backgrounds. I came from a different country and have had at least 3 incidents of being treated differently by faculty. Out of fear of raising any issues and narrowing down identity, I can't give specifics but professors will single you out for excelling if they find it strange you are doing so well for being an immigrant.
I wanted to be in this program for so long! I wanted to be able to go straight through and get my BSN. I think the staff is knowledgeable, there are some that are either overly anxious or downright not very nice, but that can be anywhere. Peers are great, everyone typically works together and helps with learning!
To start, everyone was asked to sign the agreement for enrollment, which stated it was a 2-year program. On orientation, they tell you it's a THREE-YEAR program. Surprise surprise! This place is a business just like any other company. They want your money.

I know someone who "failed" classes with an 86 overall, but their weighted exam grade was 79.9+ and so the school made them retake the class. The school enjoys to use the word "truncated" scoring on all of their documents, almost as if they just learned a new word and enjoy using it every where.

Retaking a class isn't as simple as it sounds. The school makes you ONLY retake that ONE class for the next semester, so you lose 6mos of your life retaking that one class. The grading system is extremely harsh. They take your money.

A few professors would rather "pray for you" than actually help you understand material during office hours. Treating students this way doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Save years of your life!
Seriously one of the best choices that I've ever made. The teachers are amazing and so supportive. They prepare you for after graduation and they are so supportive.
I absolutely love Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing. The faculty are very helpful and passionate about what they teach. They are always willing to help their students succeed. There are a few faculty members that have become like family to me. This school offers free student tutoring. It has helped my succeed there.
My favorite thing about Bon Secours is the fact that they actually want you to succeed and you can tell .
Students can print for free, use the computers at their leisure, and the networks normally always work.
There are plenty of places to study, read, use the computer, and a breakroom for lunch.
Mrs. Peterson is extremely friendly and helpful. She sets aside time to meet with students to review the resumes in a one-on-one fashion.
The faculty and staff are awesome and always helpful. The students are also very helpful to the classes below them.
The courses are challenging and require a lot of outside school time to fulfill course assignments.
Start Your Review of Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
They stepped up in their student help centers. Jobs are typically offered with the Bon Secours Memorial hospitals after graduation.
The school is very helpful with answering questions and getting back with you. It is a Catholic based college, therefore, dress code required and you have to a little more conscious of actions as opposed to other colleges/universities. They were not going to transfer some of my credits, but after bringing in my syllabuses they accepted most of my transfer credits.
The financial aid process has been quite frustrating, and I am still working to get the money that I need. I am not sure I will be able to attend school because I cannot find the right funding. The education I am receiving is quality, paying for it is just something that I am struggling with.