Boise State University Reviews

2,297 reviews
I grew up in the area, I attended Boise State University in 2009 through a pilot program with Borah Senior High School. I loved that the two schools had come together to help students better transition from high school to college. It has been several years since I have visited the campus but I am excited to participate in the Spring 2019 semester. it will have been 10 years since I have furthered my education and I can't think of a better university to attend than Boise State.
It is a great culture. I only wish that the class sizes were a bit smaller. Also, there are some very rude professors.
I transfered from a small college and it was a little bit nerve racking but everyone was so welcoming and i had an amazing staff to teach me. Im really happy i decided to transfer to Boise State.
Start Your Review of Boise State University
Boise State is an awesome institution. The facilities are immaculate, the faculty are ready to help students, and the selection of majors/minors and programs is immense. Perhaps the best part about BSU, is participating in BSU football games on the famous blue turf. Students get free admission, but tickets go FAST. Very good and FUN school.
Boise State is reputable and a great university to attend. If you are indecisive on what you want to major in, they have numerous majors available to pick from. Class sizes are reasonable and the Professors are knowledgeable.
I love attending BSU. It’s in a beautiful part of downtown Boise right next to the river. I feel like the school has worked hard to update and improve its campus, although there are still some buildings that could use some tlc. The faculty are all very friendly and helpful and the professors all seem passionate in their area of expertise, which makes the learning process enjoyable. Overall, Boise State is a wonderful university worth checking out.
I would like to see less focus on football and more focus on smaller studies/departments. The football locker room is comparable to a professional sports team while the theater department doesn't even have a colored printer to make decent play programs or brochures.
Boise state has some really good teachers! The campus is not only beautiful, but also extremely safe! This college doesn't have too many students, making it easy to get individual help from teachers/aids. Fraternities and sororities aren't a very big deal here which can make activities a little boring at times.
Boise State University has a very large and beautiful campus right in the heart of Boise. The location is perfect for both in school and out of school recreation. There is a variety of delicious food on and off campus. The school strives to make you feel welcomed and successful. It has a large selection of academic choices and clubs. The only downside is the cost of attendance, particularly if you live just outside of the western border where there are no other 4 year colleges to attend. The out of state tuition is ridiculously expensive for a degree that unfortunately isn't worth the price.
BSU is a great school that offers a variety of opportunities to grow, learn and connect with other students.
Boise State University is great at fostering a passionate community in which people help one another. I think the campus could put more effort into planning events throughout the year, but there are a few spectacular events scattered throughout each semester. The food is mediocre; the company hired for dining services, Aramark, is hard to work with and they tend to take advantage of students with arbitrary stipulations and charges. Professors are hit or miss and the same goes for the classes. Overall, It's an enjoyable experience.
I am currently going into my sophomore year here but I had a great freshman year. I applied later in the summer so I decided to live at home rather than spend the money to stay on campus; so I don't have any social experiences with the campus. Academically, I had great professors who taught the subjects really well. It can obviously get boring your first year because of pre requisites but as long as you do the homework and study, you'll easily pass. I was able to maintain a high GPA which got me on the Deans List with honors. The campus itself is well organized and beautiful which makes the walks to class enjoyable. Overall, great school.
I have enjoyed my academic adventure at Boise State! They offer online classes for just about all their courses. The cost for a degree is still relatively a good deal. And living in Boise is great! Unfortunately some of their programs aren't as heavily funded as others, like the Anthropology department. Which is too bad.
There is a great sense of community. I always feel safe on campus and the university does a great job with maintenance on campus grounds. There are many resources for students and the staff is very helpful; they want you to succeed.
I love Boise State because it is in the heart of downtown Boise and everything you need is within walking distance. It's also an extremely welcoming campus and student body, you'll always find someone to talk to and get to know. Boise State has already opened my world up to new experiences and adventures and I could not imagine being anywhere else.
I really like that I can walk from one end of campus to the other in 10-15 minutes. I also like how easy it is to bike on campus.
Such a great school with so many things to get involved in! Definitely felt like i belonged here and everyone is so friendly
Start Your Review of Boise State University
They offer great opportunities to expand your experiences which is exactly what a college should do. Academically, they offer great support whether you need help or just looking to study your materials. The professors were engaging and open to talk about the course material if you had questions. Dorm life was fun and the housing administration always had activities or events planned to engage the communities. Downtown Boise isn't very far from campus, offering a wonderful walk through a beautiful park on your way, and there are many different things to do around the city.
Loved my time at boise state very much. A easy to navigate campus that is both compact yet offers a wide variety of resources. Great student involvement in clubs, sorority and fraternity life, associated students of boise state, and more. Tons of great events to get involved in as well as opportunities to start or join organizations that can provide tons of open doors. fairly poor variety of scholarships to apply for and advising has had its difficulties but overall I am very pleased
I love Boise State's campus, student culture, and engineering program. The campus is the perfect size: not too big, not too small. There are lots of options for housing and food. The one aspect of campus I wish could be improved is parking. The student culture is great, there are groups and clubs for everyone, and I love the unity that everyone feels on a football game day. The engineering program at BSU has been good and has given me some great opportunities.