Bob Jones University Reviews

I have had a great experience at Bob Jones University. In general the professors genuinely want to see you succeed in your college career and seek to help you grow academically and spiritually. Bob Jones has a great location in the heart of rapidly growing Greenville, SC.
The atmosphere is professional. Good faculty and staff. Helpful and personal environment. Helpful if looking for a solid biblical foundation. They are currently working on accrediation. They have strict rules but if looking for a christian education not nearly as strict as other bible colleges. Have a wide variety of liberal art choices to choose from.They also use secular textbooks that are widely used at other secular colleges so you get a good range of information and practical application
Amazing teachers that go above and beyond to prepare you for the workplace and for life! I'm enjoying attending here and growing in my faith while having tons of experience doing what I'm studying by using my talents on campus and in the community.
Review Your College
Loved it there, but its not perfect. Academics are super hard but they will push you. Downtown Greenville is great! Great classmates. Nice campus
As an alumnus of BJU, I am thankful for the education I received while a student. I'm also thankful for the incredible care and passion that each one of my professors put into teaching. Our faculty is second to none. They prepared me well for life.
Overall, Bob Jones University is a great school! I have absolutely enjoyed my time here as a student. I am very excited about some of the recent changes and campus renovations that have gone on since I came as a freshman. The current president has a great vision for the university, and the student body as a whole has a very christ-like and family oriented atmosphere. The campus is gated and very safe, and the grounds are kept in pristine condition. It is really a lovely campus. The quality of education is second to none, and the professors genuinely care about the success of each and every student they teach. 5 out of 5 stars. I hope you will consider coming to BJU!
Bob Jones University is a great place. It's a great place to learn and to grow your faith in Christ Jesus. It's also amazing with it's education. Te teachers aren't just teachers. They are friends for life.
I love how Bob Jones puts God first in everything. The teachers also are very interactive with the students outside of the classroom and not just bout our grades. Our life as well.
Bob Jones is a private, liberal arts university that also has other great programs like engineering and science focuses such as pre-medicine. They put a lot into their students and have a strong Christian atmosphere.
Bob Jones University gave me a great education in a Christian environment with teachers who really care about your future!
Security is great on campus. The environment is such that sexual assault is strongly discouraged. Personal safety is not a huge concern. I feel very safe on campus.
My admissions counselor was very helpful. I've heard that graduate students have a high success rate of getting jobs after graduation.
  • Value
The beds are a little hard and the rooms are average size. Depending on how many roommates you have and what dorm you live on, there's either adequate space or it's a bit crowded. It helps if you have a car to get off campus every now & then. I'm on campus all the time and I get a little stir-crazy. But honestly overall it's not bad.
  • Housing
Everyone is required to join a society freshman year, so the "Greeks vs. Non-Greeks" is sort of irrelevant. You can opt out of society if you're older. We have society meetings every Friday and while society activity is encouraged outside of that, it's not really required. So while societies are a big part of campus life, at the same time, they're not. You can just get to know people for people no matter what society you're in. How much you do together as a society, or how well you're known, kind of depends on the society you join.
The BJU Bruins have gotten better over the last couple years. There is a bit of stigma on campus about the sports teams, but overall the spirit is pretty positive. Society sports you can get involved with as you choose, and those are fun because people of all types and talents can choose to play.
Almost all of the professors and staff I have encountered have been extremely helpful and very dedicated to seeing their students both learn and succeed. BJU is committed to delivering quality education with a Christ-centered focus. The student body is diverse and I have made a lot of friends and met some very unique, driven individuals; though campus does have its share of people you want to avoid. However, every school has that to some degree.
I've only been here for a little, but I love it! I'm like the major variety of activities and people to be with. Everyone has been nice and the teachers are better then expected!
Review Your College
There are many job opportunities for everyone on and off campus. All you got to do is ask and they will direct you.
  • Value
There is accountability everywhere and we are taken care of and there are rules and regulations in place.
There is a total of 3 of us in one dorm room and its great! We got plenty of room and there are college hacks to safe and make good usage of even more space. It is comfortable and clean! Of course we do do some cleaning ourselves.
  • Housing