Bob Jones University Reviews

1,054 reviews
The atmosphere of Bob Jones is joyful. You are welcomed when you arrive to school. Everyday you meet people who truly care about your academics as well as your physical and emotional help! The staff is dedicated to God and willing to pray and help you to be successful.
Bob Jones is more than a place of study.. The school helps you grow into a well rounded adult. The staff are compassionate and helpful.
I love Bob Jones! There are a lot of rules, but many of them have good reasons behind them. I came from public school so the strict nature is somewhat foreign to me. However, the education is astounding and the community you can build is worth every moment. God is truly the focus of all of the faculty and many of the students. Bob Jones makes it very easy to grow in your Christian walk and find opportunities to serve in your faith if you so choose. The dress code seems scary but is really manageable once you adjust. One thing I would change is the culture of relationships on campus. The rules cause a large divide between the men and women students. However, dating is possible and so are friendships. You just have to be willing to deal with the rules and the social immaturity surrounding relationships. I highly recommend Bob Jones University. Consider praying about attending!
Start Your Review of Bob Jones University
I have taken 2 classes online through BJU scope. The courses are still difficult but manageable. I enjoyed them because the lectures were never too long and you could watch them on 2x speed which made it easier to get through. The professors are still just as willing to communicate with you through email correspondence or in person if your location allows. The classes are still work so I wouldn’t do them if you aren’t willing to put in the time or you think it will be easier. It takes self control and time management.
Learning at BJU has been a tremendous blessing to me as I am currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Keyboard Performance and a minor in Spanish. It's a place where personal and spiritual growth, not just the academics, is encouraged. The professors are dedicated to each and every student, going beyond the classroom to help us succeed in our studies. I appreciate their concern for us as people, not just students. The atmosphere is family-oriented and encouraging, a home away from home. I look forward to continuing and finishing my education at BJU.
At the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, BJU switched to online learning. Initially, I was afraid that I wouldn't do well virtually. However, due to God's blessing, prayer, and my teachers' encouragement, I was able to finish my 2nd semester of freshman year successfully. I was well-informed off what expectations were. The courses were accessible as well as the teachers, and there were little to no tech issues.
BJU is an awesome school with an excellent Nursing program. The school just built a new Health Professions wing that has equipped us to learn our skills in the new nursing labs and then use these skills in clinical practice. I cannot stress enough how great the faculty is and all the effort they put into the program to help us succeed.
I have taken one online course through the university so far and it was excellent. Very easy to navigate through the course and the professor was very helpful. I would definitely recommend the online courses at BJU.
Affordable but it’s a completely different planet. I’m from Europe and after spending 5 years here I still cannot believe this place is real. Very strict and narrow minded, fundamentalist and behavior based. I would definitely classify it as a place of performance Christianity.
Online learning was better than in person. I have nothing against online teaching per se. if you take classes online you don’t feel likely I have to be a part of this whole bob jones community. You can remain anyonymous and live your life......................................................... ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................thy would be it but I have to make it to 1000 characters............................................
Great staff, great environment, best College President in the world! If you want these, go to BJU. Hands down, an amazing college.
I did not take any online classes but my friends who did all say it was a great experience, very well put together! I would highly recommend taking an online course from Bob Jones University!
I have taken several classes online through Bob Jones. The professors did an excellent job of adapting to doing the lectures and grading and communicating with students all online. The lectures were of good quality and easy to understand. And the professors were always available to answer questions from students. The home work lead was manageable. I was able to still work full time while doing a three credit class. Over the past few years BJU has been offering more online options than ever. Having been able to do some over the summers has given me a lighter credit load each semester. I would highly recommend the BJU online learning.
Bob Jones is indeed a very special school. I love many things about it but I will give my two favorites. First, BJU is committed to keeping God's word and the gospel of Jesus Christ at the center of all they do. Each year, students take Bible classes and there are daily chapels. Dr. Pettit and the other members of the administration are constantly attempting to encourage our spiritual growth. Second, the culture of the BJU campus is wonderful. When I arrived as a freshman I was very nervous about meeting new people and fitting in. After only a few days there I really felt accepted and loved. The teachers were super welcoming and the upper classmen were always willing to answer questions and help.
As to what I would like to see change, BJU has very strict and frankly unreasonable policies when it comes to dating. For example, guys and girls are not allowed to kiss or even hold hands. I believe this to be unreasonable and I believe it is a change that needs to be made.
BJU is a great school. There is a great sense of community on campus. The academics are great and its a great place to grow. The professors really care about their students.
I finished the spring 2020 semester online due to Covid-19. The professors did an amazing job switching quickly to online versions.
I have not done online learning at Bob Jones, but while talking to them on the phone I have had nothing but positive feedback. They communicate very well and want nothing more than to help you succeed.
Start Your Review of Bob Jones University
I love the school. The atmosphere is great along with the people there. The staff is very friendly and wants to make sure you get the most out of your work. The teachers are very respectful and work hard with you to make sure you succeed. The people there are amazing. It is just a great place to be.
I took my entire freshman year online, and I found the professors to be very accommodating and communicative; which is very important for a successful online learning environment. I will say that I missed campus resources such as the writing center when isolated at home. But, overall, my experience was a positive one; and my grades did not suffer from a lack of in-person consultation.
The classes are thorough and well worth the cost of tuition. I am in the Comm Disorders major and would like to see more development in that department.