1. Greenville, SC
  2. 4 Year

Bob Jones University Reviews

As an alumnus of BJU, I am thankful for the education I received while a student. I'm also thankful for the incredible care and passion that each one of my professors put into teaching. Our faculty is second to none. They prepared me well for life.
Overall, Bob Jones University is a great school! I have absolutely enjoyed my time here as a student. I am very excited about some of the recent changes and campus renovations that have gone on since I came as a freshman. The current president has a great vision for the university, and the student body as a whole has a very christ-like and family oriented atmosphere. The campus is gated and very safe, and the grounds are kept in pristine condition. It is really a lovely campus. The quality of education is second to none, and the professors genuinely care about the success of each and every student they teach. 5 out of 5 stars. I hope you will consider coming to BJU!
Bob Jones University is a great place. It's a great place to learn and to grow your faith in Christ Jesus. It's also amazing with it's education. Te teachers aren't just teachers. They are friends for life.
I love how Bob Jones puts God first in everything. The teachers also are very interactive with the students outside of the classroom and not just bout our grades. Our life as well.
Bob Jones is a private, liberal arts university that also has other great programs like engineering and science focuses such as pre-medicine. They put a lot into their students and have a strong Christian atmosphere.
Bob Jones University gave me a great education in a Christian environment with teachers who really care about your future!
Security is great on campus. The environment is such that sexual assault is strongly discouraged. Personal safety is not a huge concern. I feel very safe on campus.
My admissions counselor was very helpful. I've heard that graduate students have a high success rate of getting jobs after graduation.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
The beds are a little hard and the rooms are average size. Depending on how many roommates you have and what dorm you live on, there's either adequate space or it's a bit crowded. It helps if you have a car to get off campus every now & then. I'm on campus all the time and I get a little stir-crazy. But honestly overall it's not bad.
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
Everyone is required to join a society freshman year, so the "Greeks vs. Non-Greeks" is sort of irrelevant. You can opt out of society if you're older. We have society meetings every Friday and while society activity is encouraged outside of that, it's not really required. So while societies are a big part of campus life, at the same time, they're not. You can just get to know people for people no matter what society you're in. How much you do together as a society, or how well you're known, kind of depends on the society you join.
The BJU Bruins have gotten better over the last couple years. There is a bit of stigma on campus about the sports teams, but overall the spirit is pretty positive. Society sports you can get involved with as you choose, and those are fun because people of all types and talents can choose to play.
Almost all of the professors and staff I have encountered have been extremely helpful and very dedicated to seeing their students both learn and succeed. BJU is committed to delivering quality education with a Christ-centered focus. The student body is diverse and I have made a lot of friends and met some very unique, driven individuals; though campus does have its share of people you want to avoid. However, every school has that to some degree.
There are many job opportunities for everyone on and off campus. All you got to do is ask and they will direct you.
  • College Freshman
  • Value
I've only been here for a little, but I love it! I'm like the major variety of activities and people to be with. Everyone has been nice and the teachers are better then expected!
There is accountability everywhere and we are taken care of and there are rules and regulations in place.
There is a total of 3 of us in one dorm room and its great! We got plenty of room and there are college hacks to safe and make good usage of even more space. It is comfortable and clean! Of course we do do some cleaning ourselves.
  • College Freshman
  • Housing
Anyone who is involved with it knows that it is good and useful. Again I personally haven't studied Greek, but so far my teachers are mentioning it even though my personal classes don't revolve around it.
I'm not personally into the sports here. So far though the people here are very skilled at what they do and the work they do is top grade training.
I've only been here for a little but I love it! Great people and good education. I look forward to many more semesters.
I love my school. One of the highest focus there is to lead me to Christ and to strangthen my faith. This is one reason why I chose it. I needed a place that was going to help my faith grow. Not a place that was going to tempt me a lot with sinful things. The students and teachers are so friendly and really do want what's best for you. I would definitely choose this school again