Bob Jones University Reviews

I grew up at BJU. I was born with a learning disability that their psychology department declarres as fake even though it is in the DSM-5. I never had friends and was treated as an outsider. The psychology department does not teach science. They make things up and claim that PTSD and other mental issues are made up or are “spiritual problems” and you have to get right with God and it will go a ay. There are no locks on dorm rooms. There are sexual assaults. It is not a safe place.
The only way I can summarize my experience here: I never knew how awful people could be until I came to BJU.
I loved the fact that you could join a smaller group of students called a society. A society gives college a more personalized feel. The classes I visited were engaging, and the teachers were really nice.
Start Your Review of Bob Jones University
I enjoyed just about everything! The food was good, the place was interesting, and the people were very friendly and kind. Although, when I visited the campus with my mom for a conference the sidewalks were very dirty. At sundown, my mom just about plastered her face tripping over a large stick in the way. Overall it was pretty good though.
One of the many things I love about Bob Jones University is the love and care I have experienced from everyone here. Everyone goes out of their way to make me feel at home and make sure I have everything I need. As a student with physical limitations, I have received all the accommodations I need to succeed. And most importantly, their is a wonderful Christian environment that encourages me and helps me grow more and more in my faith on a daily basis.
The academics are excellent. The teachers are always there if you have questions and want more than anything to help you achieve your goals.
I have loved my experience at Bob Jones University. I am a biology major and my professors are highly qualified and passionate. They've given me an even deeper love for science and have been immensely helpful in my studies. The academics are challenging, but the professors are willing to help and want to see you succeed. The results are very rewarding. I have been able to make great friends and connections and grow my leadership skills. I've also been able to have great experience to help me in my field and in life and ministry in a local church.
Being a liberal arts university, BJU provides students with an extremely well-rounded education due to the liberal arts core courses required of all students. BJU has a wide range of degree programs that vary anywhere from Studio Art, Music, and Theatre, and similar fine arts degrees, to Business, Accounting, etc. and science and math degrees as well.
It is a good Christian environment with excellent academics. The teachers encourage the students and will spend time helping the students to understand the material better and help them succeed in the class. The teachers invest time in our lives and they care more about seeing us personally grow than the grades.
Bob Jones University is Unique and you won't find a Christian university that knows how to enjoy and live a Christian life.
If you are a Christian and you want a quality education coupled with good opportunities for spiritual growth, this is the place to go.
I have had an amazing experience getting my education through Bob Jones. The professors are awesome. They love what they do and it is shown in the way they teach and interact with the students.
I loved the atmosphere and academic standard that I found at Bob Jones. The professors want their students to learn and to grow not only academically but also spiritually. There are multiple social interaction and academic advancement opportunities offered on campus, and the beautiful city of Greenville is open to all students. I have truly enjoyed being a Bob Jones student.
The academics are very challenging. There are more rules than the average university, but they are all grounded on Christian principles. The stricter rules have been well worth submitting to because of the high academics and Christian atmosphere. The four times a week chapel services help unite the student body in a unique way that isn’t seen on other college campuses.
I really like the university so far, the dress code is a bit strict and there are a lot of required meetings but overall the professors and fellow students are all great.
I Loved this college, I had some of my best and worst memories there, but I have seen God work to change me so much throughout the years here.
I love Bob Jones University. It has a healthy growing atmosphere. The faculty are ready to help and are understanding. This Christian School thrives in knowing more about the Lord. What brought me to Bob Jones University is their loving Christ-like attitude. The faculty teach in such a way as to make sure that the students are understanding the material and how to implement the material into each students’ field while upholding the worldview of the Bible.
Start Your Review of Bob Jones University
I love Bob Jones. Excellent education, excelent environment but i would love to see a change in the way they view music.
Bob Jones was a great school all around. They really care about their students, physically and spiritually. They have caring staff, and a great student body who are all there for each other. They are highly recommended.
I enjoy Bob Jones University because the faculty is very caring and the academics are very rigorous. The overall atmosphere is great and the student body feels like a close-knit family.