Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade C minus
- Party Scenegrade C minus
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade B
- Campus Foodgrade B
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A minus
BJU is an above-average private, Christian university located in Greenville, South Carolina. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 2,314 undergraduate students. The BJU acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Business, Health Service Preparatory Studies, and Accounting. Graduating 66% of students, BJU alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $28,400.
Bob Jones University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
No data available
Students also applied to ...
Will You Get In?
$14,570 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$11,894 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
grade B minus
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 75 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 76 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business41 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies29 Graduates
- Accounting27 Graduates
- Nursing27 Graduates
- Communications24 Graduates
- Biology21 Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies21 Graduates
- Elementary Education20 Graduates
- Engineering19 Graduates
- Graphic Design19 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 49 responses
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 74 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 96 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 55 responses
- Excellent education with Christian view49%
- Excellent Education with Godly Biblical worldview24%
- Christian School with a Godly Biblical worldview.7%
- Christian view but also option to form own beliefs4%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
No data available
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 42 responses
Colleges like Bob Jones University
- grade BAnderson University - South Carolina
- 4 Year
- Anderson, SC
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 910 reviews
- grade A minusUnion University
- 4 Year
- Jackson, TN
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 649 reviews
- grade B minusCharleston Southern University
- 4 Year
- Charleston, SC
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 789 reviews
- grade BLander University
- 4 Year
- Greenwood, SC
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 740 reviews
Bob Jones University Reviews
Rating 3.89 out of 5 1,056 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The staff and faculty are amazing! They are always available if you need help, and some will even reach out to you. They also care about how you're doing in your personal life, and are willing to offer guidance if you want their help. The campus itself is beautiful in both the architecture and landscape. There are plenty of ways to get involved on campus through volunteer and work opportunities, regardless of your interests and skills. There are also plenty of opportunities to build relationships with other students and many enjoyable activities throughout the year. BJU is committed to developing each student as a whole person, not just in advancing academic knowledge.
I love Bob Jones! There are a lot of rules, but many of them have good reasons behind them. I came from public school so the strict nature is somewhat foreign to me. However, the education is astounding and the community you can build is worth every moment. God is truly the focus of all of the faculty and many of the students. Bob Jones makes it very easy to grow in your Christian walk and find opportunities to serve in your faith if you so choose. The dress code seems scary but is really manageable once you adjust. One thing I would change is the culture of relationships on campus. The rules cause a large divide between the men and women students. However, dating is possible and so are friendships. You just have to be willing to deal with the rules and the social immaturity surrounding relationships. I highly recommend Bob Jones University. Consider praying about attending!
This University is amazing! Not only are the academics challenging, but you really learn the information. The professors are fantastic and want you to succeed. They are always ready and more than willing to help you. This college offers a unique atmosphere that promotes taking your faith seriously and encourages spiritual growth. The staff and students are genuine about their faith and are passionate about leading others to the Lord and being a light to this world.