Bluffton University Reviews

Bluffton has 4 core values, one of them being community which was my biggest takeaway. The smaller school feel creates a significant community of teachers and students.
Super kind, they treated me like I was family there. Amazing staff, they really care about the students. Very helpful.
Bluffton University is an excellent institution in the services it provides to its students and the atmosphere. It will not let you fail in academics; there are many resources and people that you can reach out to and people who will reach out to you when you are struggling and when you succeed. Additionally, we have a saying at Bluffton, and that is "It's all about relationships." This rings true in all aspects of our campus community. Everyone treats everyone like family. From greeting people on the sidewalk to sitting with someone new. We all do our part to make everyone feel like they belong. The only complaint I have about Bluffton is the food. I wish that we had more options. Dining with people in our commons is a big part to building relationships and I think we need more diverse options to help others feel more at home.
Review Bluffton University
This school is not too bad, I would recommend this school to other students struggling in bigger University for it's size, people, and resources. The people at Bluffton here are friendly, obliging and which makes the campus great for it's sides. If you need help with anything all you do is ask. Teacher's are available through out the day.
I have heard a lot of good things about the school getting people jobs and internships. My own sister graduated from here and got a job right after school. She never even had to apply to the job because the school had sent them her resume. They contacted her and asked her if she would work for them.
This is a very inviting campus. Everyone is very friendly and the professors are very helpful and supportive and take an interest in everyone individually.
I haven't heard of any sexual assaults happening on campus. The school talks about it a lot and take steps to prevent it from happening.
The dorms are really great and a lot of them are getting new updates and renovations. The only thing that could be better is if all of the dorms had air conditioning. Most of them have it but there are a couple of buildings that don't. It isn't too bad but the first couple of weeks are really hot in the rooms.
The professors at my school are what make it so amazing. They are incredibly friendly and approachable. I never feel nervous to meet with them to discuss difficult homework and they are very passionate about their work. Another cool thing about them is that they invite class divisions to their homes for cookouts. The science division always has a cookout every year at the mathematics advisors house. Another cool thing about my school is how small the class sizes are. You really get a chance to get to know everyone around you. You become friends with many people of all ages and majors and it keeps your life interesting to become friends with people who come from different backgrounds. I definitely recommend students to attend Bluffton University because it is a small, quiet city where you can meet so many different people and have new, fun experiences.
I hated the community and the lack of diversity and opportunities.
Many employers don't focus on Bluffton because of its size.
Bluffton is a small campus so it's really safe. I would walk around after dark and feel completely safe.
The dorms where I stayed were relatively old and were not cleaned as often as they should have been.
Athletics aren't a focus at this school and are usually overshadowed by the arts.
Administrators are very concerned with student health and safety. There are 3 options for counselors on campus, and students can make appointments with these people at any time and at no cost. There is also a nurse on campus that students can go to with any health issues. There are also security officers who patrol the campus at night. Julie DeGraw is very involved with student issues and is an amazing person to talk to about any issue regarding student life on campus.
Bluffton has a very strong education program, which I am currently involved in. There is a very high rate of employment straight out of college for Bluffton education students. The campus is also very concerned with making sure that the students have jobs after leaving Bluffton University.
Most of the class I have taken have been very useful. I would say that all of the professors are passionate in what they teach and are very helpful. I have only had a handful of bad experiences, and they are not nearly as impactful as the good experiences that I have had.
Review Bluffton University
I live in Bren Dell and I don't like it. Most of the guys are football players, and it's very intimidating for me being a girl. It's also dirty; there are usually dishes in the kitchen and the kitchen smells awful. I never go in there. My roommate and I plan to move to Ropp where the social life will be more fitting for us.
The sports teams do very well, and I attend the games even though I am not an athlete. It seems like some people are only here to play sports rather than to learn, and that bothers me. I wish more people valued their degree and education more than their sports teams.
I really love Bluffton. The professors are very helpful, the classes are mostly engaging, and the students are great. I've made a lot of great friends. I do get annoyed with the school when regarding sports teams. We're a liberal arts school, but the focus seems to be sports rather than the arts.