Bluegrass Community & Technical College Reviews

The people are friendly but the communication and organization of the whole process is not good at all my financial aid had been messed up from the time summer semester started and it's still messed up and it's about to be fall semester. Unfortunately it's nothing I did wrong it's the system
I have just transferred to Bluegrass Community and Technical College for the 2018-19 semester. However, I have received more help from the my advisor in the short time since I began the transfer than I ever received from my previous school. I cannot comment on the classes or professors yet because I have not began my classes yet. If the kind of assistance I have already received will be any indicator, then I expect to have a great year!
The small classes makes your Education more personalized! They are ready to help I have had teachers offer up their personal cell phone numbers and be available to me 24/7 which is above and beyond what they have to do.
Start Your Review of Bluegrass Community & Technical College
The Cooper is the only campus that has real food but it closes midday to late afternoon. There is no party scene which I am thankful for. The only dorms is UK through BCTC. I had no problem of yet with academics thanks to tutoring services. I know both Newtown and Cooper campuses are diverse but I can say about Leestown since I never attain classes there. Athletic program yet again through BCTC but organize by UK
This was the first college I went to after high school and graduated from, and I absolutely loved it. I enjoyed the flexibility of time they have for classes. They also offer online classes for a good amount of the pre-requisite classes. The teachers were also very understanding and helpful when you needed help. the environment was pretty small but safe. I have no complaints about BCTC. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a technical college to begin their college career.
My overall experience with BCTC has been very good, the staff is very friendly. Any questions with admissions they are right there to answer
straightforward and positive learning environment! i love the atmosphere on campus and the great stories i hear from my friends! i can't wait to attend in the fall.
My experience at BCTC was not always the best, but most fo the issues I had were my own problems that required me to mature. Once I done this and was ready to take school seriously everything was great. They just opened a new campus on Newtown that is gorgeous, and all the professors are top notch. Surprisingly good education from a Community College.
I have been enrolled at bctc since 2016 and I’ve had no trouble scheduling classes or getting one on one time with professors. They make learning very easy at bctc and I would recommend it to anyone looking to save money and get a good education
I've attended Bluegrass Community and Technical College within a year after high school and also as a returning student several years later. As a college freshman I think it was a great place to start with smaller class sizes, cheaper tuition, and a large variety of classes it made the high school to college transition feel easy. Due to smaller class sizes it was easy to receive help from the professors and it was also an easier way to meet different people. As a returning student being a little bit older I was able to appreciate the wide variety of classes that were both offered and transferable. I was able to meet students who were attending college who either needed specific classes to apply to graduate school or a specific academic program which meant I was surrounded by peers who cared about what they were learning. This has helped make my experience more insightful and I was able to gain knowledge not just from my professors, but also my peers.
I attend the Lexington campus on Newtown, the newest they have. Free parking at this campus. Cooper has a fee to park. I've taken both online & on campus classes. I prefer the in person classes. There could be improvement between admin. depts. But the cost and location are good for me. I plan to do as my brother did and transfer to a 4 yr college after getting my Associates degree.
this is where you experience all tradition and culture from around the world
plus students and lectures are easy going
My professor was not the greatest, but I have recieved help from other students and advisors. I enjoy the atmosphere on campus.
Great programs, instructors and economical tuition. Easy to access and reserved parking. I am a nursing student and appreciate the quality of instruction and clinical experiences I receive. I am also happy that they offer online and summer classes. I do not have anything negative to say about Bluegrass Community and Technical College.
I took summer classes there. I enjoyed the way the professors taught. The only thing I did not like is the fact that I was given a B for something that was slightly beyond my control. But overall I enjoyed taking summer classes there.
Best decision I made was starting out at BCTC and seeking the help I need to start my school journey and then transfer over to a university for my bachelor's.
The professors are very personable and understand next to any typical college student plight, and are very good about working with the students, regardless the circumstances.
Start Your Review of Bluegrass Community & Technical College
It's hard dealing with some of the heads of the departments. The technical programs with selective admissions seem like they would be good if you can get in but otherwise it is nothing more than a stopping ground before moving on to another school.
Every time I have visited Bluegrass Community & Technical college i have felt very respected. The lady at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. When i needed help finding the room for my exam, she walked me where i needed to go instead of just telling me in hopes i wouldn't get lost.
I went to the Newtown campus. I heard constant rumours about the other campuses and how they aren't as nice, but the Newtown campus is pretty amzing and they just built a Mathematics building. Everything is sleek, nicely built, and they even offer free foods for the students that don't have money for lunch. When the holidays roll around, everyone is generous with goodies and all. The professors are good for the main part.