Bluegrass Community & Technical College Reviews

BCTC nursing program is amazing. I am learning so much and I look forward to starting my new career. I am confident that I will be ready to give the best nursing care to all of my patients once I complete this program!
I did not believe how easy BCTC made it for me to be able to get in classes and learn and grow as a student. I've heard a lot of horror stories about people sinking money in to a college degree and never getting anything out from it, but I have my future planned out ahead and BCTC is the tool which is allowing me to progress in my life.
IT's an amazing college to people with no college experience. it's like a breath of fresh air. Every one there becomes your family to help you achieve your goals in life.
Start Your Review of Bluegrass Community & Technical College
If you are a student that attends the cooper campus then you have a lot of interactions with those that attend UK, Cooper is a really good campus but I prefer Newtown's campus due to it being more diverse & the professors are phenomenal .
Overall my experience at BCTC has been very good. The professors, aside from a few bad eggs, have all been very knowledgable. It took a year or so for me to settle as far as a consistent adviser and other things, but once I had an adviser and was set with her she was always very helpful.
I had been out of school twenty-five years and I do not feel uncomfortable here at Blue Grass Community College at all. I love they go above and beyond to help and make a person feel included no matter what age or race you are. And the Professor's are amazing. If it wasn't for Professor Mary Rouse taking time out for me then I don not know if i would still be in school. Being a single mother of nine year old twins and working full time is hard. Especially when its just the three of us. Thant is why I need to educate myself so my children can have a better life.
Bctc is overall pretty good college. I feel that to be a community college it is very diverse and the school offers a lot of different programs as well as clubs and intramural sports. Overall I think it is a good starter college.
I've had nothing short of a great experience. They are flexible, they genuinely care about your well being as well as helping to make sure that you are learning efficiently.
This school is amazing 100/100 this is almost a year ago and I’m glad to see it all over again and then we have a good time and we will have to see you soon we will be there in about a few days and we can talk about this little bit before I leave from the country
I loved how small the class size was, it helps for a transition from high school to college if you are not ready for a major change!
Bluegrass Community & Technical College is a great school. There are many opportunities for a student.
For the most part, it has been a great experience. Issues with the Financial Aid department but overall a wonderful choice for furthering one's education,
It is a wonderful community college that offers two-year programs to get you started on your career path and have great transfer opportunities. The campuses are safe and everyone is very helpful.
Amazing instructors who actually care if you do well! I was interested in the nursing program and was able to meet face to face with an adviser. She was able to give me everything that I needed to prepare for and be accepted into the nursing program!
I have enrolled in college there again despite the trouble i had before. The staff you talk to at the student center are very friendly however, they can only do so much and the main people at the college should pick up the slack. Its hard to get a call back from admissions staff, and the financial aid area of staff is difficult to get in touch with as well.
I am loving my online experience. Much better than the first time! I struggled with going to class, but bluegrass community and technical college made it easy for me!
I have had nothing but issue's since I first applied at BCTC. I have had multiple issue's with teachers not following their grading rubric and syllabus. No one is readily available to call to talk to about an issue, you are literally given a 1-800 number to call. I am not impressed and would not recommend this college.
Start Your Review of Bluegrass Community & Technical College
It has excellent professors, most of them graduated from University of Kentucky. Schedule is flexible, offers different payment methods and it has a large international community. Also BCTC encourages diversity.
This place is terrible. Specially the ISS workers are very incompetent. They make you pay extra to do homework, because they adhere homework and class work prepared by corporate organizations like Pearson and McGrawhill.
I am an international student. I sent in my application, including all my documents a month before their deadline. A couple weeks after the deadline I called them, since I had not heard anything and they told me that my documents had not been received. I paid again for my academic documents to be sent. And the same thing happened. When I finally went there in person, they magically had my documents, and gave me an acceptance letter. I called earlier that same day, and I was told they had not received my documents.
Now they have taken over 1 month to issue me an I-20. Its ridiculous.
The school is great it was a lot of classes the benefit me. I enjoy going to English class my professor is really nice and teaches really well.Also my anatomy and physiology teacher has lot of study opportunities because their isn't a tutor. The classes are easy to find and the school has a lot to offer i don't have to go to different campuses because all i need is in one place.