Bluefield State College Reviews

Bluefield State is a good college and I feel like the professors care and help students as much as they can. I enjoy the online courses because they give me a more flexible schedule. My experience so far here has been good and I have enjoyed all of my course work.
I took majority of my classes online. Before the quarantine I had a couple of my classes in person. My online learning experience was good and I felt that the professors really cared and were understanding. My professors utilized proctoring sites, case studies, powerpoints, and recorded lectures to enhance our learning. I think the professors did a wonderful job at providing us with adequate resources and materials. My professors also utilized sites such as google hangout to video chat with students to make sure we understood the material and gave us a chance to ask questions. I found that to be very helpful.
Financial aid is messed up every year. For one reason or another, you won’t graduate on time. Professors up to this point, don’t actually teach you anything. They just tell you to self study which I understand is apart of college but what am I in class for if you don’t explain what I’m learning. If I had known what I know now when I applied I would’ve chosen a different school. Beckley campus seems to be better though.
Start Your Review of Bluefield State College
I have found Bluefield State College to be so comforting. I am close to home, and get to have intimate small classes, and truly get to know my peers. The only change I wish to see take place at Bluefield State would be further commercialization on campus. Such as adding one or two fast food companies, and possibly a coffee shop.
Bluefield State College is overall a good school! They could use better organization in the offices. For example the financial aid department is very unorganized. I have had several good professors there, but a couple have not been a very good experience with little to no level of communication.
The school is great. There is so much diversity. The campus is beautiful. We’re working on getting new dorms.
Bluefield State College is a small efficient college. They help every student on a one to one basis fulfilling all their admission needs. They are very professional and courteous. Academics are wonderful, the professors and courteous and very helpful and they are building a dormitory to accommodate more out of state students. Good safe, clean place to live.
My experience with Bluefield State College is exceptional. Bluefield state is very outgoing school that try its very best to get students to their satisfactory not only in school work but also with bonding with one another. The school also have a lot of activities and cookouts so students can feel welcome and comfortable at the school they’re in. The athletic department is very awesome as well. The coaches makes the athletes feel like they are at home and take care of the athletes like they are their own children
The professors are tremendous. They are extremely helpful, and they are there to help students achieve their goals.
Overall the College isn't terrible. It has issues here and there. Some of the professors are difficult, some are not very nice and there are some who do not know how to teach the class. The food I have never ate. I have never heard of any parties or been to any at the college. We do not have dorms, but I have heard that they help you find housing. Some people had issues with the college owing money. The college is very diverse and that is nice. The area is alright and they are pretty safe for the most part. Adn there are a few athletic groups, but the ones they have do great. They are making a few changes to the college now that make it look alot better. Overall it is not a bad college, I enjoy it, and if you can handle some of the professors then you will be fine.
Bluefield State College for the most part is an amazing college to attend. Few professors I've encountered don't exactly teach material, just tell you to read the book. Biggest issues lie with the financial aid and business offices. Scholarships, grants, never on time. Students, including myself, have to submit the same information and papers to the offices multiple times and have to constantly follow up with them to ensure it's getting processed. Other than these issues, I highly recommend this college.
The only thing I like about Bluefield State is their accessibility to tools to help students and their variety of groups and programs. But other than that, I personally do not like the school at all. Their handling of financial properties are terrible, and some of the curriculum from what I've done so far isn't always great and feels like there's not much help sometimes from teachers with the exception of library help. It just isn't the place to be.
A few of the things I like about Bluefield State College is the student to teacher ratio. On average it is 15:1 so class size is very similar to a high school class setting. Also, I like the professors there. They are very helpful, and they try to aid everyone in achieving their degrees or higher education. Lastly, I like the community feeling you have there. The college is not big at all so it feels like tight knit community. Everyone knows each other and the college is not hard to get around.
My freshman year was a success at Bluefield State College. I enjoyed that it is a small school and anytime you need help there is always someone willing to help you.
Most instructors don't seem to care whether students succeed or not.
One in particular seems to enjoy making students cry during clinicals, demeaning them on the hospital floor!

Exam questions frquently seem to have ambiguous answers, and NOT NCLEX style like they claim. For instance, questions asking about nurse teaching a group about health improvement might have as the CORRECT answer to a multiple choice question is smoking cessation when the question does NOT state that ALL were smokers. Other answers could include eating more fruits and vegetables etc, so the answer depends on knowing what the instructor MEANT, rather than phrasing the question so students can figure out the best answer.
I have experienced an overall positive experience with Bluefield State College. They have been a great help with providing me all of the information I need.
Bluefield State College offers many diverse classes, exceptional instructors, and a an opportunity to achieve your dreams! The campus is not overwhelming large, and the environment"feels" like home. I'm so glad I decided to choose BSC to complete my higher education.
Start Your Review of Bluefield State College
Bluefield State College is a wonderful place to get your degree. The tuition is more affordable than many other colleges and there are many things to do around campus. There are also many great places to study and plebty of activities you can join. The professors are great too and try to help you whenever they can. Everyone wants to help each other succeed at Bluefield State College. I highly recommend to anyone interested in getting an education , no matter what age you are.
The classes I'm enrolled in are very good. The professors know each student, which is a huge plus. You can always get help when needed with anything.
It's a very affordable college that has some very good aspects that make it enjoyable for the students. However, some professors are hard to deal with, and they may be your only option for taking a required course.