Blue Ridge Community College - Virginia Reviews

Often felt like an overpriced second highschool. Payed $500 a class to have apathetic professors who often felt uninformed and ill prepared to answer questions. During my "College level math" courses I was learning about percentages. During my ITE courses I was learning how to change font sizes on Microsoft Word.
Blue Ridge Community College has met my needs. I am taking classes that will transfer to Virginia Tech. The professors are helpful as well as the staff.
The campus is beautiful, and the administration is really nice and willing to help with any questions you have!
Start Your Review of Blue Ridge Community College - Virginia
As a student of Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC), I am glad I chose to attend. BRCC is a perfect school to attend to get a general college education before transferring to a four-year institute. The services offered at BRCC are amazing! Everyone who works there is always available to help when I needed it. The professors are there when needed and are always helpful. The student life at BRCC is great! The school is diverse which allows you to interact with all kinds of people. I am proud to be a student at Blue Ridge Community College.
I went here for a year and did not feel challenged. It was hard to be interested when all we did was review remedial education. I got so bored I ended up stopping going together. I really wanted to like it with it being 1 mile from my home but the professors were dismissive and the financial aid advisors were uncaring as well. Would not recommend this school!
The people are helpful and care about you. There also plenty of opportunities to volunteer. The campus in nice and easy to navigate.
BRCC has once a week, night classes to make it possible for me to work full time and take classes. Classes are not super hard to pass as long as you show up and do your work. Almost all of my professors have been nice and easy to work with.
The College is fantastic, but the location and parking could be improved upon. The campus does not offer housing, as it is a community college. The professors all teach at local universities as well, and offer alot to learn from.
Staff is the best around! The campus is beautiful and easy to navigate. Tons of opportunities to choose from while attending.
Great college. Easy to communicate with professors and other staff. Campus is nice, easy to navigate around. Would recommend to others.
There are a lot of factors that make BRCC a good option for someone. First, this college allows students to take college courses and earn credits at a cheaper price. BRCC also offers a variety of courses on campus and at other locations. One of my favorite things about BRCC was the chance to take online courses. Online courses allowed me to receive college credits and still maintain a full time job.
This is a great welcoming environment for those looking to get their life back on track, or to even discover a new one.
Overall, my experience at Blue Ridge has been okay. It is very much like high school, however, and I think that is why I do not wish to go to school on campus. so I love that they offer online degrees.
Over-all, I've been very pleased with my experience and education at BRCC. Blue Ridge has offered me a way to get two years of education ( and my first degree!) under my belt without any student debt. As someone who wants to go to grad school and has to pay for the whole thing myself, this means a lot. Also, I was home schooled all through high school, so attending BRCC was a much easier adjustment than it would have been going straight into a 4-year. I’ve been able to achieve my goals at BRCC in ways I never imagined, and for this I am very thankful.
I like that the classes are small and close by each other. The school is on top of weather conditions and cancellations/delays. The food isn't that great, it's like an exxon stop. But it's not bad. The campus is pretty especially when it's nice out.
My experience at Blue Ridge has be quite rewarding. The college does very well to cater to its students whether they are transferring to a four year school, learning a trade or technical skill, or simply just taking classes to explore and learn more. I particularly like the peer tutoring. It was very helpful for me and gave me an edge on some of the classes I struggled a bit more with. My only complaint would be with their math department. They always seem to have too few teachers, and the teachers they do have were not the most helpful if you were to come to them with concerns.
I've had great classes so far! My teachers are amazing and I've learned more than I thought I would!
Start Your Review of Blue Ridge Community College - Virginia
The professors are committed to their student's success and always offer help.
There is a great career center at our school that helps students get jobs.
Online courses are great because you are able to get an outline of all the work that is due when the semester begins. This is helpful because students are able to work weeks ahead.