Blue Ridge Community College - North Carolina Reviews

Blue Ridge is an excellent college to go to if you are planning to go straight into a career afterwards or transfer your credits to a university. The buildings need renovating, but the teachers have generally been nice and considerate, especially when it comes to the financial needs of the students. Other programs such as the work study program and free tutoring in general subjects has positively impacted my experience in college, making life just a little easier. The staff is friendly and the quality of teaching is very good. Never have I once felt unsafe, the campus police are quite reassuring.
Staff, professors, and advisors are helpful. They help your through everything step-by- step if you are lost or you don't know what to do. Classes are flexible around your schedule. Professors are helpful and understanding of your situation. Advisors are there to help you to sign up for classes. They other online or on campus classes to fit your everyday life. I'm a mom and I also work, so I need a lot of flexibility to revolve around everything else in my life. It's also a great start if you eventually want to transfer to a four-year college. Blue Ridge Community College has many programs available to you.
Blue Ridge Community College has a completely online program for Accounting, and is the main reason why I chose this school. I have learned while there that the teachers are also very nice, and encourage you to come to them with comments or questions. There is a small survey to take that is optional at the end of every assignment to ask you what you liked and what could be improved about the assignment. I like the school, and would highly recommend it.
Start Your Review of Blue Ridge Community College - North Carolina
I'm in the Early College program and I've enjoyed thoroughly all the years I've spent on this campus. I've never had a professor who wouldn't work with me to understand the material and the campus activities are fun. I have most significantly enjoyed my time spent with the Theatre Department here, as Jennifer Treadway is one of the best professors I've had. She cares about her students but is also sure to prepare us for our futures, whether in acting or in another field.
I like the college's proximity to my home, as well as the ability to take either seated or online classes to work towards my degree. The campus is fun, clean, and safe. The greenhouse and the areas of campus that are dedicated to the horticulture department are always open to the students and provide a beneficial learning environment for horticulture technology.
They have been very flexible and very helpful in trying to keep up with both work and school
I have done a few online courses and they have worked very well.
I have heard many good things. My counselor have been very helpful on getting me to the right path on what I need to do about transferring. However I haven't transferred yet.
I like small classes. I can interact with the other students as well as my teachers. I feel as if I could go up to them or email them if any questions or problems. Most of the time when I have had an issue or a question the teacher was very quick with a response and help me through that issue or gave me a good answer to my questions.
I haven't really experienced this for myself, however I know many student that have chosen a career path and was able to get it at Blue Ridge Community. They have had nothing but good things to say about it.
I had my heart set on being am athletic trainer when I graduated high school. Blue Ridge Community help me figure out I do not want to be in the medical field at all, but to be an athletic director and help schools with their athletic programs.
I was terrified about going to college. Blue Ridge Community help me figure out what I wanted to be and got me on the right track to be that. Also helped me save money in the long run.
My advisor is only a 10-month staff member.
more hybrids than only online
some professors grade extra hard.
I think I can get a job when I graduate making more money than I do now.
Financial aid was not helpful. I've been told the wrong thing by some staff members. And I don't think some people in advising want to be there.
Start Your Review of Blue Ridge Community College - North Carolina
No one is too helpful. Departments don't know what other departments do. I haven't met anyone yet who was actually nice, other than my instructors.
There are numerous times for classes available and I can always find a schedule that works for me.
Online courses are much better than seated classes because you can do the work whenever you want. You don't need a schedule and the workload is easier.