Blue Mountain College Reviews

Parties don't exactly happen at school. There are occasional bonfires that happen are off campus and few hear about them unless you are an athlete. Most of the students who attend school are there for acedemics or sports therfore they are too busy to worry about parties
parties dont exactly happen at school. There are occasional bonfires that happen that are off campus and few hear about them unless you are an athlete. Most of the students who attend school are there for academics or sports therefore they are too busy to worry about parties.
Because it is such a small school professors are present to help any student if they need addistance understanding a concept being taught. Study guides are given in almost any class that needs one, if you study that you can get a pretty easy A
Review Blue Mountain College
We have a diversity of students that attend our college. Many foreign students that come for the sports and business program. Different religious or political views do not affect how a student is treated
You do not hear of any drug issues at school. Athletes use because it will affect if they get to play and other students are too busy with academics and extra curricurals to have time for drug abuse
I feel totally safe while on campus. We have security driving around 24/7 and they are there to help whenever you need them to. The main security guard, Ricky, comes to check on any of us hanging out at the SUB late, and drives us back to our dorms after midnight so we don't have to go alone. Everyone has the campus security number, and it never goes unanswered.
My campus is small therefore so are the classes. I love the small class size. I have attended a community college during high school and I had a hard time learning in the large class sizes. Each of the professors are eager to help any of their students who are struggling. Their office doors are always open to us if we need anything. The professors each teach differently but with each professor I have found myself eager to learn more about the subject being taught.
If you major in any kind of teaching degree at school you have a great chance of getting a job. We are known for our teaching degrees. Every professor does their absolute best to help you acquire internships and jobs when the time comes. The alumni is very active on campus, creating improvement projects and helping with fundraising. I have not had to use the career center as of yet, but have met the woman in charge and she is a wonderful, Godly woman.
Although the campus and it's facilities are old, the college tries to keep everything up to date. Fixing anything that breaks, and fundraising to make any expensive repairs efficiently. The aged building give the campus character. The dorm rooms were clean when I moved in which is not a popular luxury I have found. The room and board cost is fair and affordable. One thing I like is that you can pick who your roommate and suitemates will be. We are a small college so we do not have big arcade rooms, but we have lots of pool tables and ping pong tables to play at.
School spirit is very important at my school. Every student attends every possible home game and even some away games. The college has been improving their athletic facilities and are doing a great job so far, still some work to do though.
This is my freshman year in college. I have been homeschooled my whole life, and the idea of going to a big state university scared me. When I found Blue Mountain I fell in love with the homey feel, the wonderful professors, and the beautiful campus. I have only been there for one semester and I can't imagine leaving.
The teachers truly care about each student. They want you to succeed and help you strive to do your very best.
While there are improvements that needs to be made physically at Blue Mountain, my short experience at this college has taught me so much about myself. Most of the faculty are willing to help, eager to inspire, and anxious to further professionalism in their students. If Blue Mountain made some beautification elements, added more efficient academic facilities and technology, and created a less rivalrous atmosphere between contrasting departments. There is no doubt this would be the best institution in the nation. Students care about their community, each other, and campus... And many of the frustrations we have for BMC is because we want to see our institution thrive like we know it has the ability to.
We pride ourselves on academic excellence, and that is shown through the courses at blue mountain. Many of the classes are on a 5 point grading scale instead of a 10 point grading scale, and require a great deal of writing and studying. The professors are very qualified (even overqualified) and if you pay attention you will learn a lot.
Every department requires an internship before graduation. This provides great face to face resources and experience for graduates looking for jobs.
We do not have Greek Life, but instead Societies. There are two boys and three girls societies on campus and you chose whichever society you wish to rush. No competition at all.
Many of the athletes on campus are on scholarship. While our athletics are not the best, they are not the worst and a large majority of campus supports basketball and baseball.
Review Blue Mountain College
Many people either love on campus or commute from home. While there are 4 apartments reserved for college students behind campus, many of them are rented by residents who are not students. There is an apparent village across the street from the campus, but it had a reputation of being very unsafe.
BMC sits smack dab in the middle of two county seats. Ripley is the closest city and that's where most of the student body goes for off campus dinning and shopping. Ripley's food is decent. Most of it consists of taco bell, McDonald's, KFC, ect. And a few authentic Mexican restaurants. Because this is the south, vegetarian/vegan dishes are highly rare because we believe in the "kill what's on your plate scenario". If you get hungry late at night, that sucks for you because almost every restaurant in Ripley shuts down at 10pm, minus Dodges Gas Station.
Campus prides itself on being very strict while somethings go unnoticed. Visitation hours in dorms of the opposite sex are very strict and enforced. Attendance policy is so strict it is ridiculous. However, many of the alcohol and drug use problems go either unnoticed or uninforced. BMC states clearly that campus is strict on it's alcohol and drug policy but as a resident, I'm 100% positive that the illicit substances clause in the honor code is completely swept under the rug.