Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Reviews

1,220 reviews
my experience at blooms been fantastic. the campus is very beautiful and diverse. I get to meet people from all over the world. the professor are top notch. everyone loves to learn and share.
I had trouble making friends my first semester and strongly dislike living in a dorm with someone, however, I had a lot of fun. Im not in the Greek life but I have friends that are and love it. The Greek life isn't as bad as everyone is making it seem. I'm going into my sophomore year and I can't picture myself at any other school. Staff is super helpful, the campus is one of the safest campuses I've ever been to, and the school throws some fun activities that are good alternatives to partying (if that's not your thing). It is pretty diverse, definitely much more than it was when my sister was there 6 years ago. Some of the buildings are old but they're working on fixing them up. Being a freshman without a car does suck, but there's more to do than what people are saying. Campus is close enough to walk into town and grab food, visit small shops. It is a cute town. There is a shuttle that takes you to/from Walmart and other places for other trips. The fair is pretty fun.
My personal experience in bloomsburg is actually pretty great. I'm not too far from home but far enough I still miss it. Bloom always has different activities so it's never boring. Professors are great and people are pretty nice as well. What I would like to see change would be the housing buildings some are really old and need some fixing, other than that it's a great school and I'm glad i chosed it.
Review Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
There is a lot to do on campus. The professors are very knowledgeable and helpful. There are less fees than the other state schools, but there are a lot of administrative changes in the works.
I like Bloomsburg University because it offers diversity in numerous ways; the people, classes, environment. Bloomsburg is also very military friendly and help me to succeed. The only drawback in my opinion is that it is located a very rural area.
As an incoming freshman I was overtaken by the university. Everyone was so friendly and I immediately fit in. The campus is beautiful and definitely recommend to anyone looking
Bloomsburg is a perfect state school in a small town in the mountains. The professors work closely with the students and the student life is awesome!
My experience at Bloomsburg was not al that great. I struggled to make friends, there was not much to do but drink and party and the location made it difficult to do anything, especially as a freshman with no car. Academically, I had wonderful professors who made learning fun and interesting. Bloomsburg definitely wasn't the right fit for me but I have many friends who would never leave if they had the choice!
I have really enjoyed my time at Bloomsburg University. My program is very challenging but the professors are always willing to give help to those who ask. The campus is beautiful and is a really great place to make new friends and play games on the "quad".
This is my freshman year in college and Bloomsburg is giving me life with this college experience. When I first came on campus I felt welcomed by the people that worked her. The police officers are wonderful and they do their jobs well. The teachers are well taught and they really care about us students her. Everyone reached out to one another and the environment is wonderful.
Knowledgeable instructors that are available beyond class times. Small school atmosphere. Always something to do. Would like to see more sessions of courses added.
I visited the University once and I didn't like it very much. I felt that the campus was very small. The campus does have an all you can eat styled dining room, which is pretty sweet. The dorms are kinda whatever. The nursing program is suppose to be amazing. I have a classmate who is going there to participate in the program. I really don't think she'll be able to do it though.
my experience in Bloomsburg university was great I made a lot of friends and the school offered a lot of clubs for people to be themselves and meet people with similar interest as them. I would not change anything about Bloomsburg university.
Since transferring to Bloomsburg University, my quality of life has immensely increased. BU is not only the fun, social environment many to know it to be, but it is also academically rigorous. I have become more involved and grown more as an individual during my time at this university. You can truly "be you at BU"!
BU's faculty is excellent, and the campus is beautiful in warm weather. However, the administrative staff is totally incompetent and couldn't care less.

The surrounding area is fairly quiet, but does have a thriving local theatre ensemble and some charming art galleries, bars, and cafes.
My experience at Bloomsburg University is amazing I love the campus and I love the diversity at the school. I still attend BU and I'm excited to say that I do. The campus is a beautiful and the academics are great. The teacher's at Bloom really care for their students at our school I would like to say that we have the "No Child Left Behind Policy". The teacher's will work with you and help you get the grades you need as long as you put in work also. I consider Bloomsburg like my second home. I never really want to go home because I love Bloom, everyone is friendly, we are like a big happy family. The parties are fun off and on campus and even when there's not a party there's always something to do at Bloom. I can not wait to spend the rest of my 3 years at Bloom I know they will be the best.
Gonna be blunt, the programs they offer here are limited compared to other schools, so best to check their website before you choose.

I can tell you right now that the best teachers are in the education department. Many of the other professors either care little for their occupation or expect students in introductory courses to memorize entire textbooks for spaced out exams.

I have had 3-5 solid professors here but many of them are either terrible or mediocre at best, many of them I recommend should go back to school and learn how to teach.

Other than that the campus is small and with a lot of hills, your glutes will get a workout. The weather isn't the best most days usually one extreme or another. AS for the food, your best at making it yourself if your health conscious, if not then there's 3 coffee shops on lower campus, a Subway, a overly expensive cafe ($3 for a cheese cup, $4 for an egg salad sandwich expensive).
Review Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
A safety school that most people can get into. Most of the students here are more interested in partying than going to class. The town is nothing special and the sports are subpar- a lot of people here don't even go to the football games. The people here are usually nice but it's not the best college experience.
I am a sophomore at Bloomsburg University. When I first applied to Bloomsburg, I only looked at the cost of the tuition because I did not know what I wanted as a major. Since I was a first generation college student, I was available to join a program that helped me adjust to college life. I was also undecided so I was given an advisor who helped me decide on a major. I finally choose my major which is digital forensics and it is considered one of the best schools in the world for digital forensics.
I love Bloomsburg and I think the campus is wonderful. Bloomsburg has a great college of Education and I would definitely recommend the Education program to anyone who wants to be a future teacher. I think my biggest problem with the campus is the vegetarian options are lacking in the different dining halls.