Blinn College Reviews

1,165 reviews
Online is really great and easy. Zoom is so easy to access and profs make learning just as interesting.
Blinn College-Bryan is really great! Especially when adjusting to college life. They have good professors, it's really affordable, and it is in College Station.
I am taking all of my courses online due to the pandemic, and it is definitely more challenging than in person learning. Most courses are typically 16 weeks, but because of the pandemic, almost all of the courses are only offered for 8 weeks, meaning that everything is fast-paced. Trying to learn online in and of itself is challenging, but for the courses to be twice as fast as normal is extremely difficult. I find that I am simply completing assignments, and not truly learning.
Start Your Review of Blinn College
Poor coaching and tutoring to small with that many enrolled . To many tickets and refused activities no scholarships handed out.
Never took online here but was on computer to write papers. There is a chat room but the cops would give a parking ticket before you got away
BRYAN CAMPUS- Ever since things have shifted due to COVID-19 it has been a complete nightmare. I never know if I am supposed to login and go online or be there in person. When I do try to login to go to class online it never works. I call the HELP DESK only to be told they can not HELP!!! I call the IT department only to be sent to voicemail and get a call back a day later when I need to get access to that class that very second. Professors do not care they are stressed AF to and some of the professors were not even trained on how to do the online format. THIS SCHOOL NEEDS TO DO BETTER IF THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL. I pay 400$ a month to teach myself. I cry every day due to feeling like a failure and not knowing how to deal with their horrible attitudes.
A good community college with decent professors and staff. Food is a little sub-par and some rules just don't make sense. Overall, a good choice to start of your college career.
My only online experience was because of COVID-19. I applaud what they did on such short notice. However, nothing really improved and some of the techniques and programs were hard to comprehend.
The teachers were very interactive and would take the time to actually teach you. They were very nice teachers, they didn't make class over difficult. They didn't over whelm you with school work or anything. They understand you have a life other than just school. They are always there to assist you and help you.
I would recommend going to blinn, if you are trying to get into Texas A&M. Doing their transfer program.
ive been going to blinn on and off for about 4 yrs now and its the perfect school for anyone whos had a slow start or is trying to get back in the saddle. its also great to get your basic courses out of the way before going to a four year school because its so cheap
ive only taken a couple online classes but the ones ive done are very simple. it depends on the professor how the class is run but its all pretty similar.
Most professors adapted to online learning fairly quickly. I only had one professor that was hard headed about it, but even then she helped as much as she could.
Blinn College offers classes that are small for an easier learning experience and an overall better student/ instructor relationship. Their professors really care about your education.
Learning online was a good experience at Blinn. The way to succeed is to check in on a daily bases and assure that you have done your studying and work for the day. Professors provide many resources for you to learn the material and get a good grade on your tests.
Going to Blinn has been a great introductory into college. The professors here are great and really form a relationship with you during your time with them. Blinn also gives you the opportunity to get a lot of the credits you'll need at a university out of the way for a very affordable price.
Start Your Review of Blinn College
The few classes that I have taken online are very clear and I learn great information. Most of my professors posted videos of themselves teaching their lectures as if I was a sitting in their class with them. They also have an abundant amount of extra resources if you ever have questions or get lost in the online setting! Most of the professors reply to emails in an adequate time period.
Blinn is a great place to learn! It offers a diverse atmosphere and many resources that as a student you can use to better your education. Every staff member that I have met is so helpful, and almost every one of my professors has had experience in their field before teaching. I look forward to going to class everyday!
For the most part Blinn College was a very good college. I have only attended 1 year at Blinn and I will be returning in the fall. I love the campus police I had a few situations where I had to report to the BCPD. They took my prxoblems head on and took care of them right away. They do a great job at trying to keep our campus safe. I do however wish it wasn't as strict as it was. I do understand it's to keep us safe. The guest rule is a little much I believe we're in college it's hard to study or even just hang out and have a movie night if we can'thave more than one friend at a time and if they have to leave at a certain time. Weekdays is understanable but on the weekends?