Blackburn College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.10 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.11 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.11 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management11 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies9 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology6 Graduates
Graphic Design5 Graduates
Computer Science4 Graduates
Creative Writing4 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.8 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.12 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
Blackburn College Reviews
I have conducted my own research as a freshman psych major, which is not seen in undergrad especially as a freshman plus I presented it at an international conference in Chicago. That research I am publishing now with my psych professor. To have that on my CV and to continue with new research and publications every year is going to add up at the end of 4 years! As a diverse student, I would like to see more diverse students on campus, the school can't really change that unless those diverse students attend.
The classes are small and I get a lot of individual help and one-on-one. I get to meet with my counselor regularly. I can also get in touch with my professors pretty easily and they are really receptive. The dorms are older - the whole campus is older but really pretty. There are a lot of student activities. The students really all stick together and we play campus golf and a lot of other things. The town is very small but the local bowling alley hosts nights for college students that are free and so does the local movie theater. I personally play baseball and my coach is awesome. The other sports feel the same way about their coaches from what I can tell. The one time student activity fee gets us in to all of the events - soccer, basketball, baseball - free. Overall, it has been great for me!
The school grounds themselves are well-maintained for all of it being done by student workers, but the lack of professional help is highly noticeable. Often times speaking to administrators is confusing and must be done in a very round-about manner which is inconvenient. Emergency procedures for blackouts are dismal and after an eight hour long blackout the emergency power began to shut down, leaving the staircases in complete darkness. The buildings are showing obvious signs of wear, especially on dorm staircases were the flooring is peeling up and becoming hazardous.