Black Hills State University Reviews

I am going to be enrolled at BHSU next fall. I found out about the University when researching colleges in mountainous areas of the US; I am a huge fan of rocky areas with beautiful scenery. I was recruited to play basketball, and this opportunity allowed me to visit the campus a few times. I met some staff members and they all came off as wonderful people with a passion for success. The facilities are top notch, too. I visited quite a few places, and none compared to BHSU. To top it off, there is no such thing as a boring day in the Black Hills. A 5 minute walk puts you in the midst of the canyon. I love it out in Spearfish!
This school is an excellent choice for students who desire to major in Education! The courses are very informative and applicable to what you will see in the field. All of the professors and staff are more than willing to answer any questions and they are very knowledgeable in education. I am completely happy with my decision to enroll here!
I go to Black Hills State University in Rapid City, it's a much smaller campus, I like that the classes are a bit smaller and gives the teachers and students more of a one-on-one, however I don't like the 3 hour long classes. It can be difficult to pay attention for so long.
Review Black Hills State University
I loved how they were small and so family like. I love how they made their visitors and their students feel like they are home. Their food is amazing.
I have been attending the Black Hills State University/Rapid City location for about 3 years now and I love it. It is a great option for people who work full-time and have to attend classes after work. It is actually known for being a huge non-traditional student location because of the hours of operation.
This school is terrible! They make changes to your classes after what you agree to take. Then make more after the semester starts so you have to pay more for the class. The financial aid department is terrible and the VA rep is terrible about completing the requestes on time.
This is an excellent school, especially for the price. Because of the affordable tuition, there are a lot of diverse people that attend here from all over the world which creates a very interesting and fun environment for the students.
I'm a non traditional student, the classes that they offer online and the night classes are wonderful and it makes scheduling easier while working a full time job.
On July 18, 2016 I had a scheduled personal visit to Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota. My visit was amazing. This is my first choice school. I like how small the school is. I am from a small town in South Dakota, so I like the small environment. The student showing me around told me, "Here, you aren't just a number. You are a student. Professors will make time for you if you are struggling." This made my decision easier. Since it's a small school, I like the fact that a professor will take time out of their day to help me.
My professors at Black Hills State University have all helped nurture my passion for elementary education. I love going to school there and would not change my experiences there for anything.
Have no issue on campus
Schoolndoes not have a problem
I always feel I can talk to any professors or departments.....My course load is 15 to 16 hrs per semester
I have many choices to choose from
I like where I live it is a smaller dorm and cl9s to everything I need
Not a huge part as in some colleges where sport rules
I have had very good school experience so far
Review Black Hills State University
when it comes to football, we aren't very good but it doesn't help that our school spirit sucks even more..
i really enjoy living and working on campus, i just wish we had AC in the dorms...
It's a very good small university. It seems relatively well known in the surrounding areas.