Black Hawk College Reviews

I like the college so far i think its very protected and its got a lot of academic choices here. The proffesors that i have are really nice and are easy to talk to, they seem like they are always ready to help there students learn in class and after class. I'm looking forward to a great year this year and I hope i make friends and people who i can study with for the course that i am taking this year.
Many of the professors at Black Hawk College seem to truly enjoy their jobs and are interested in seeing their students become successful, however the classes often lack difficulty, which is nice for some, but frustrating to those looking to actually learn something new.
There are a lot of good programs at black hawk and they cost less than a university. Love the remodeling they have been doing.
Start Your Review of Black Hawk College
Many people have an aversion to community colleges but if fact, Black Hawk is one of the best. The staff are knowledgable about events and topics around campus and are always willing to help out; not to mention they have endless patience for first year college students. They also offer a wide variety of programs for such a small school and very good student-teacher relationships.
Great environment with great professors. If you need help, professors are always willing to help you during their office hours, or during class if there is time.
Overall I had a great experience at Black Hawk College. I did take an ART 101 class that was suppose to be the basic beginnings of Art and I felt it was a little more advanced than it should have been, which was challenging, due to me not having a lot of experience with Art classes prior, added supplies for this class that were needed were also very pricey.
I like the the smaller classes. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. One thing I would like to see change is more internships to be available for all or most of the degrees available.
Black Hawk College has been a wonderful place that has helped shaped me into the student I am today. The professors (most of them that I have encountered) are willing to help their students so they are successful in their class. Not only has this college given me the tools to be successful at a four-year university, but it has also given me the tools to be model citizen. I am eternally grateful for each professor at that campus.
Black Hawk College is one of the best schools! The staff are a great help with any needs and the awesome professors are fabulous!
I graduated from BHC in 2014 after 3 years (my music degree took forever!). I was able to complete over 100 credit hours at an incredibly affordable tuition rate. There are many scholarships you can apply for to assist as well! After the amount of education I received, I left with an associates degree and NO DEBT.

For the most part, the staff is friendly and helpful. The majority of the teachers I had were passionate about their jobs, and it showed in every class. Some of them weren't as great, but you will get that anywhere else you attend. Every person is different, and that extends to teachers as well.
Black Hawk college has one of the best hands on Agriculture programs that you can find at a community college.
I am currently enrolled at Black Hawk college. It is an amazing school for a low price compared to most colleges. The English department is absolutely amazing. The history is also staffed with professors that always care about your well being and how they can help you succeed. I have met some of the best people ever at this school and I have grown and learned so much.
I really enjoy going to black hawk college the teachers are very knowledgeable compassionate and caring they work hard for you and expect for you to work just as hard for your self I would definitely recommend anyone to enroll in this community college
I like the fact that it is very cheap. It’s one of the cheapest college around the quad cities area if not the cheapest college.
My experience at Black Hawk has come down to a couple factors: 1. You have to know which professors to take, or else the whole experience will be awful. Since this is a community college, the professors are very willing to work with students on assignments and keep to their office hours pretty well, in my experience. I felt that Black Hawk was a good first step in my college experience.
They keep improving the campus to include more and more classes and classrooms without raising the tuition which helps college be an option. Most professors want you to succeed as well
Black Hawk is a very good community college, with its best feature being that the teachers are great. Black Hawk has great graduation rate, on average a Black Hawk student is more likely to finish a four year degree, than a student who jumps into a four year school. They also finish with higher gpa's. This is due to the fact that the teachers are great and very helpful.
Start Your Review of Black Hawk College
I loved everything about Black Hawk. It was not only place for learning but it was a place where you could learn to better yourself and become more confident in your field of study. At Black Hawk faculty isn't just faculty they become your family and the relationships you create last a lifetime.
Just to clarify I go to the East Campus. The teachers and students are very friendly which makes it a very welcoming atmosphere. However, the East Campus is known for their equine program and agricultural programs. The science fields are decent. If your major isn't in one of those fields there really isn't much for you.
I went to Black Hawk College because I got a 2-year scholarship to go there, and I am so glad I did. I had such an amazing experience at this college; if it were a 4-year university, I would definitely stay there. Something I really liked were the professors; every professor I had was the best. They really help you succeed; the advisors are great as well. It is affordable, and it was very close to my house. The campus is very clean and friendly; you really feel like home while you are there. I just wish there were more electives to pick from.