Bishop State Community College Reviews

I would like to see this school have more degree plans and academic options for the students. In the recent years there as been a decline in degree majors and I would like to see them offer more variety of degree plans.
I believe Bishop State is a great place to start. It's affordable and they're reliable. Some people talk down on community colleges, but this one is different. The way they teach, for example, is wonderful. Even the hardest subjects, such as biology, they put it into a perspective you can easily understand better. I just wish the students got more involved in the activities they provide. Show pride for you school no matter what!
Instructors are super helpful. Classes are small enough that you feel a part of the class. Overall campus is easy to maneuver.
Review Bishop State Community College
Very simple enrollment, helpful staff always. Flexible scheduling online or multiple campuses. Great for older generations to continue their education.
Bishop State has a great curriculum set up. It is organized and has the potential to out great employees into society. My review is based on the nursing program. When I was attending nursing school at the college, I found that the graduation rate was poor and the moral of the students was not great at all. Many students did not pass the nursing test nor the entire program. Looking back, I can remember a few fellow students that I would love to work with on a nursing unit any day. In order to be successful in the program, you would need to be extremely organized and disciplined and mentally strong to put with the challenges brought on by the staff. It was unnecessarily difficult.
This school is great for returning adult students and students that are on a budget. I would go back if I could ,but it doesn't have a lot of career options. There isn't a lot of school activities here either so I was quite dull here. So many students rarely showed up to classes. I felt like there could of been more involvements there, maybe students would show up. Overall the school is great, all my instructors I've had was awesome. I highly recommend this school to anyone.
I was in the welding department on the carver campus and Mr. Leon Jackson was the worst instructor I've ever seen in my life. He spent more time hanging out at the back fence with the neighborhood homeboys and local weed heads than teaching his class. I was totally unprepared for the world of work and was fired after one week on the job.
Mr. Winbush
It is very convenient so I have time to go to work. During the day I have breaks and during those breaks I am able to do my school work.
It feels like my classes are online courses because we use the computer a lot to do the work, but I feel that doing the work on the computer is much better and easier.
When you go into a program at Bishop State, it is suppose to help you find a job within the degree that you are in.They make sure to help you with the things you need and help you get to where you need to be.
The teachers I have had in school are great. My math teacher was the best. She made sure her students knew the material and you could tell that she cares about her students because the way she engaged in with her students and the way she teaches. My art teacher was amazing also because she has a great personality and I had a lot of fun in her class especially with the art projects.
This school is known for getting a two year degree in general education. They have programs that you can get involved in like arts, science, and computer programs. The quality of the programs are pretty good especially with the teachers that are teaching the program.
I am going to school to be a Veterinarian. I am at Bishop State right now so I can get my general education. I am learning so much right now.
My math teacher that i had in math 98 was amazing. She was so involved with her students. Not only was my math teacher amazing but also my english and art teachers were pretty good. The school throws get-togethers and the people there are nice.
Upon registering for Bishop State nursing program I did run across a few rude individuals. Overall the experience was okay it did not discourage me.
Nursing school is challenging no matter what school you choose to attend. At Bishop State I was able to work a full-time job and maintain a decent grade point average.
I enjoyed being a student at Bishop State because after being out of school for over 20 years my instructors (some) were very helpful and encouraging.
Review Bishop State Community College
I enjoy picking out my schedule. Although it takes a lot of thinking and planning, it really is worth it. It helps my productivity throughout the day. I am able to go to school 5 days a week. My classes are mostly in the late mornings and early afternoons. I carve out enough time each day to complete my homework and I am also able to work part time every week. I have a pretty flexible schedule.
I like choosing my schedule. The teacher's are lenient and put in a lot of effort to help their students out. They give their students second chances on class assignments and provide students with enough help. For example, they make time to listen to their students problems one on one and search for the best solution to make learning a bearable process. Bishop State Community College is pretty small in the amount of students who attend the school, so it's easier to learn since the classes are not so big. This college is obviously one built for African American students, which gives me an opportunity to learn of their culture. I wouldn't choose this college again if I could because the students who attend this college is not as motivated in their classes. Sometimes it discourages me which is why I want to go to a university where the atmosphere is warm and welcoming and where I am surrounded by students who are motivated and diligent in their classes.
Online classes have a large amount of flexibility. There is a lot of work to do, but it is very flexible.