1. Mobile, AL
  2. 2 Year

Bishop State Community College Reviews

This school is great for returning adult students and students that are on a budget. I would go back if I could ,but it doesn't have a lot of career options. There isn't a lot of school activities here either so I was quite dull here. So many students rarely showed up to classes. I felt like there could of been more involvements there, maybe students would show up. Overall the school is great, all my instructors I've had was awesome. I highly recommend this school to anyone.
I was in the welding department on the carver campus and Mr. Leon Jackson was the worst instructor I've ever seen in my life. He spent more time hanging out at the back fence with the neighborhood homeboys and local weed heads than teaching his class. I was totally unprepared for the world of work and was fired after one week on the job.
Mr. Winbush
It is very convenient so I have time to go to work. During the day I have breaks and during those breaks I am able to do my school work.
It feels like my classes are online courses because we use the computer a lot to do the work, but I feel that doing the work on the computer is much better and easier.
When you go into a program at Bishop State, it is suppose to help you find a job within the degree that you are in.They make sure to help you with the things you need and help you get to where you need to be.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The teachers I have had in school are great. My math teacher was the best. She made sure her students knew the material and you could tell that she cares about her students because the way she engaged in with her students and the way she teaches. My art teacher was amazing also because she has a great personality and I had a lot of fun in her class especially with the art projects.
This school is known for getting a two year degree in general education. They have programs that you can get involved in like arts, science, and computer programs. The quality of the programs are pretty good especially with the teachers that are teaching the program.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I am going to school to be a Veterinarian. I am at Bishop State right now so I can get my general education. I am learning so much right now.
My math teacher that i had in math 98 was amazing. She was so involved with her students. Not only was my math teacher amazing but also my english and art teachers were pretty good. The school throws get-togethers and the people there are nice.
Upon registering for Bishop State nursing program I did run across a few rude individuals. Overall the experience was okay it did not discourage me.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Nursing school is challenging no matter what school you choose to attend. At Bishop State I was able to work a full-time job and maintain a decent grade point average.
I enjoyed being a student at Bishop State because after being out of school for over 20 years my instructors (some) were very helpful and encouraging.
I enjoy picking out my schedule. Although it takes a lot of thinking and planning, it really is worth it. It helps my productivity throughout the day. I am able to go to school 5 days a week. My classes are mostly in the late mornings and early afternoons. I carve out enough time each day to complete my homework and I am also able to work part time every week. I have a pretty flexible schedule.
I like choosing my schedule. The teacher's are lenient and put in a lot of effort to help their students out. They give their students second chances on class assignments and provide students with enough help. For example, they make time to listen to their students problems one on one and search for the best solution to make learning a bearable process. Bishop State Community College is pretty small in the amount of students who attend the school, so it's easier to learn since the classes are not so big. This college is obviously one built for African American students, which gives me an opportunity to learn of their culture. I wouldn't choose this college again if I could because the students who attend this college is not as motivated in their classes. Sometimes it discourages me which is why I want to go to a university where the atmosphere is warm and welcoming and where I am surrounded by students who are motivated and diligent in their classes.
Online classes have a large amount of flexibility. There is a lot of work to do, but it is very flexible.
The online classes are very convenient. It is a decent load of work, and you have to be very dedicated.
There are not many choices of times for the courses. The class styles are pretty laid-back and the sizes are good, around 25 people.
I have switched my major and my classes do not apply to it right now.
It's a good price, and the classes are pretty simple. Parking is lacking, though, and the location can be sketchy sometimes.
I am satisfied so far with my experience here in the states as an international student