Bishop State Community College Reviews

They are really good in helping the students get what the need and very understanding when you have s problem
Affordable rates! I would like to see more of the instructors to be more helpful and willing to work with their students.
The instructors at Bishop State are very good at helping students understand concepts and making the classes enjoyable.
Start Your Review of Bishop State Community College
Bishop State is a great school but the workers in the main office can be unprofessional and unorganized. The registration process is unorganized and some of the teachers do not help at all.
I love the atmosphere I know for fact you can learn so much because of class sizes and what I’m learning is nursing and I’m loving it. I highly recommend this as a start if u don’t want to jump into a university first.
Bishop sate is really a great place to start, they have a lot to offer students... from resources, a great learning center where you can go get help for classes you may need tutoring in, and also really great instructor's that actually care to help students learn and succeed. It's not just a community college,but the opportunity for you is so much bigger! Anyone who is looking for an college where you van benefit from so many great resources and learn skills to help you become successful, Bishop State is the place for you.
Some of the teachers never actually teach the course material, or anything at all. The "special" advisors do not actually help or communicate with the students. All-in-all Bishop State doesn't give out the information the students need to know and spring the truth on them last minute. I am in under PTA but I plan on just finishing my basics here and then leaving.
Bishop has a very welcoming atmosphere. You are surround by people who are hard working and striving for greatness. The teachers understand most circumstances and work as hard as possible to try and help. The only thing i have to say about Bishop State is that they should update their campus buildings.
The range of times they have for each class makes it easy for any type of student. The teachers there will do their absolute best to make sure you are taught all test information and comprehend it.
When I first started to attend I thought I would not want to be involved in any clubs or organization. Now I am the Officer of Fellowship in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. The staff encourage you to branch out and seek out opportunities. There are a large variety of clubs, classes, and opportunity. We have a learning lab devoted to the students were we can study, write papers, and seek tutoring. We have student and teaching staff as learning assistance. The staff truly want the best for us present and future. Which is why our college motto is " A Great Place to Start."
I liked how all of the classes were small and the professors know you on a first name basis. Fun and interactive classes.
I am a sophomore here and I currently am enjoying my college experience here and the professors and advisors are very attentive and great at addressing any problems you have. I would recommend this community college as a great first start to your earning your college degree.
I like the classes can work around your schedule, but you can't get student loan with so if you don't get approved for the whole Pell grant you have to pay out of pocket. Which I feel has set me back for years.
BSCC is a HBC that strive on making sure their students excel in their chosen field and will assist students with advances their education further.
Love this college! Teachers are very interactive and easy to ask questions outside of class. Multiple sites give the college a smaller feel.
Bishop state community college behaves like , well , you'd think a community college would . They are slow moving on important academic paperwork ( such as transcripts , grades , etc.) It has been in Mobile, Al for a very long time and boy is it showing it's age . Although there are things I did not like about the school I can say that all of the staff is very friendly . Everyone speaks and interacts with everyone . They definitely treat you like family over at Bishop State.
I would like to see this school have more degree plans and academic options for the students. In the recent years there as been a decline in degree majors and I would like to see them offer more variety of degree plans.
Start Your Review of Bishop State Community College
I believe Bishop State is a great place to start. It's affordable and they're reliable. Some people talk down on community colleges, but this one is different. The way they teach, for example, is wonderful. Even the hardest subjects, such as biology, they put it into a perspective you can easily understand better. I just wish the students got more involved in the activities they provide. Show pride for you school no matter what!
Instructors are super helpful. Classes are small enough that you feel a part of the class. Overall campus is easy to maneuver.
Very simple enrollment, helpful staff always. Flexible scheduling online or multiple campuses. Great for older generations to continue their education.