Birthingway College of Midwifery is ...
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Birthingway College of Midwifery
Undergrads Over 25
After Birthingway College of Midwifery
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
More opinions are needed to display this poll. Take our survey
Colleges like Birthingway College of Midwifery
- NGBirthwise Midwifery School
- 2 Year
- Bridgton, ME
- NGFlorida School of Traditional Midwifery
- 2 Year
- Gainesville, FL
- 5 reviews
- ASouthwest Wisconsin Technical College
- 2 Year
- Fennimore, WI
- 49 reviews
- NGMaryland University of Integrative Health
- 4 Year
- Laurel, MD
- 10 reviews
Birthingway College of Midwifery Reviews
Review Birthingway College of Midwifery
I came to birthingway to receive an excellent midwifery education. I do feel that I am getting a good education, but the program leaves much to be desired. The culture of the school is very white and insular, and focus of the education mirrors those values as well. Some of the required intro classes are a waste of time and money. On the positive side, I have learned a lot, am part of a community dedicated to helping fostering midwives, and I think the trajectory of the curriculum makes a lot of sense.
Birthingway does not want students to compete with grades; instead, they want students to help each other in order to learn the information well. The workload is heavy and extensive; however, if the life of a woman and her unborn child is in my hands, I want to have a broad range of knowledge in order to care for the mother and her child. Before completing the program, all students are required to commit to an apprenticeship with a preceptor midwife.
Portland has a lot of food options, but there are not as many choices in the immediate vicinity of the school. There are tacos on division, burgerville and gas station pizza nearby, and some strip clubs to grab food.