Birmingham-Southern College Reviews

Learning online would definitely get 10/10. The service was not only great, but the classes were entertaining and surprisingly fun compared with face to face classes.
Attending College her was sooooo much fun, exiting and amazing. I really dont want anything to change because everything was just perfect for me, the lecturers, environment, facilities, everything.
Overall was a good experience. Professors were invested in courses they were teaching and cared about your future. Not much diversity as far as student population. Most student play sports since such a small university and players from their respctive teams hung out with each other. If not a student athelete I would think you would feel left out.
Start Your Review of Birmingham-Southern College
Loved my 4 years at BSC! I loved that I was able to take a wide variety of classes. All of my professors really cared about their students. My classes were challenging, but the professors were always there if I needed help. I had the opportunity to study abroad, complete an internship in Birmingham, and do research with professors. The only bad thing I could say about BSC is that the food could use some improvement and the dorms need more regular maintenance. Other than that, I highly recommend BSC. It is a place where students will be challenged, but those challenges will push them to meet their full potential.
The best choice I have ever made was choosing to go to Birmingham-Southern. The first two months were challenging academically, but socially I was thriving. The social atmosphere is everything that high school was not for me. I am not the type of girl to go out and introduce myself, but the college made sure those of us who are a little more introverted feel included. The professors are very understanding, but will still uphold you to an extraordinary standard. They genuinely care about your learning experience and make themselves extremely accessible to you when you have questions. Overall, I could not be happier with my decision for this school.
BSC campus is beautiful and feels like home. I love the location near downtown Birmingham with lots to do. The size of the school makes it very easy to fit in and make friends. Academics are challenging and professors are very knowledgable and really get to know their students. I am really glad I chose BSC!
It is currently my freshman year. I love it here, the environment, the senary, it's so beautiful. Everyone is so friendly. They provide tutoring FOR FREE !! Which is great !!
Overall, this college is quite good. I am a studio arts major and I really enjoy that department, such as the classes and professors. Additionally, a majority of the staff I have interacted with have been very kind and supportive.
The dorms and campus upkeep could use some improvement. Additionally, the campus is fairly diverse, the campus could do a better job at making students and staff from all races/ethnicities, religions, genders, and sexual orientations feel more accepted and welcome.
Moreover, the campus is small, which I personally like, as this provides a more intimate feeling, especially when you live in campus housing.
Overall, even though that campus could use some improvements, I have enjoyed my time at Birmingham-Southern so far.
Birmingham-Southern is one of my favorite places on Earth. It has given me more than I could have ever expected and grateful doesn't even begin to cover it. I have met the most supportive of friends and the best of professors. It has the perfect location and the campus cats aren't bad either.
The college is gorgeous. The ratio between students to professors is small so there is more one on one time which is very helpful. I personally liked that the college was close to home so I could commute easily.
BSC is a great college for everyone to consider. The campus is beautiful and uniquely designed especially being on the top of the hill. The people and professors are very friendly too. Also, the small class sizes give for a hands-on experience which creates a personal relationship with the professors and your classmates.
When I was a freshman, I strongly considered transferring because you can easily feel trapped while on campus. Even though you join a billion clubs to get involved, you still feel as if you are missing out on a full college experience. This especially true for minority students on campus who want to strengthen their culture awareness etc. Now, I cannot speak on all minorities, but I can speak on the African-American experience. Growing up, we aspire to get a great degree with an am
Birmingham Southern has fostered a welcoming and inclusive environment. Despite its smaller size, it still offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to get involved with. Professors get to know their students, encouraging them to engage in one on one interactions. The classes are rather difficult, leading the students to put forth an excellent effort in order to achieve success.
I loved my time at Birmingham-Southern College. I was there from 2014-18, and during my time I learned so much, made great friends, and got to explore a new city that I grew to love.
I absolutely LOVE BSC. I live pretty far away from school so when I was searching for schools I was sure to look for one that felt like home. I knew the second that I walked onto BSC's campus that I had chosen correctly. This school is so great because it is so small. I feel like I am always at home when I can walk anywhere and always recognize someone. Class sizes are so small that your professors actually make an effort to get to know you and will help you with any problem you may have (school or non-school related.) I also love that unlike state schools there is not a huge emphasis on greek life; no one is forced into it and it most certainly is not required to have a social life on campus. One thing I would change at school is the caf. The caf does not have the best food but they do the best with what they get. Overall, BSC is a great place to be. Go Panthers!
I love Birmingham Southern College. I chose to go here my junior year of high school, and I would make the same decision over and over again!
This school has taught me a lot about myself in all aspects of life. I learned what I'm best at when it comes to academics and what I'm not so good at(more than in highscool) and the professors were always available to help me with whatever problem I had. Never a problem too big or small for them, and always with a smile on their face too!
Start Your Review of Birmingham-Southern College
When I went to Birmingham Southern Select Southern on March 4-5, I had the most amazing time of my life. I got to learn what the campus-life was really like and I met the most generous professors, students, and staffs that you could have ever met in your entire life. The president of Birmingham Southern was so sweet and strong-minded which made me want to attend Birmingham Southern because I was really inspired by her.
I love the diversity at Birmingham Souther and I love their teachers and coaching staff. I think Birmingham needs to remodel their school because it is kind of old.
This school is amazing. The student body is one big family, and the faculty are top notch. I could not see myself going anywhere else.