Biola University Reviews

2,086 reviews
I love Biola so much. I didn't want to go at first because I thought I would be in a Christian bubble, and yes it is a bubble but it was a bubble well-needed for me.
I absolutely love Biola University. Biola is truly Christ centered and has such a strong community of believers. You can tell that the professors and faculty really care about each student's academic success and their personal life. My experience at Biola so far has been amazing and I would highly recommend it.
I love that Biola University offered a safe space for students who are followers of Jesus. This campus has allowed me to explore my faith in a tight knit community. In this university I was able to find a community of people that allowed me to explore my faith in God.
Start Your Review of Biola University
Biola is a biblically sound university. The campus is great, and the academics are even better. I love going to a school where each professor knows me by name and cares about me
Biola University is a beautiful college! I visit the campus for 5 days and 4 nights and it was amazing! The school have a good environment for students to learn and study! Their chapels is stunning! I would love to go here for my college years!!!
Biola is a very friendly school, full of Christian learning and values. I would not recommend coming here unless you are someone who wants to be in a Christian environment i.e. no smoking/drinking/sex, chapels, separate male/female facilities, Bible minor. Biola is a great school, but it does not challenge you in your faith unless you look for it. Talbot, the Theological Department is narrow-minded and does not challenge you. I recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and allowing yourself to take full advantage of the school. Also, the Nursing program here is pretty phenomenal! Beautiful school and kind people.
Biola is a place where you can feel welcomed. Because the school is small compared to other places, the professors are really intentional with their students.
School is great; albeit, expensive. Campus is beautiful. Students are hard to fit in with. If you don't come from a rich uber-christian family or showed up here having experienced a lot of real world hardship without a really strong Christian background, then you won't fit in here.
Biola is an awesome college. There are very Godly professors and students there. If you're looking for a good Christian education, Biola is the place to be. The biggest issue is probably the cost of tuition, but I think it's worth the cost seeing as how this is the foundation for the rest of your life.
Biola is a great place to grow in your faith and grow in your faith with others around you! Biola teaches us to be a light to others and to show us how to fit our faith in within the real world. When people talk about the "Biola Bubble", it is a real thing. The Biola bubble is within the campus and you will not understand until you are in it.
Professors here really care about their students. They genuinely want to see students learn and succeed. They are willing to help you outside of just their class as well. For example, my stats teacher said she'd be willing to get coffee with any of us if we wanted to talk, and I was able to go to my theology professor to seek relationship guidance during his office hours. While attending here, my faith has grown so much as I learn more and more about God through classes and chapels. One drawback, however, is that fellow students can be fake oftentimes. There is a sort of delusion that since we're all Christian, we can all be friends, but, for me, I'd rather have fewer but more meaningful relationships.
I have loved my experience at Biola! The professors are excellent and the study environment is great. The food is pretty good for college food, but could use some more variety. The living accommodations are very nice and offer choices that work for everyone. The entire campus is Christ focused and puts God in the center of everything. I would highly recommend this school!
What I like about Biola University is the community on campus. Everyone is so incredibly nice and welcoming. The professors are great, they really care and are so helpful. The campus is beautiful. It's clean, calm, and relaxing on campus. The surrounding area is great too. La Mirada is really in the hub of everything. So many cities around the area and so many things to do. I have had such a great experience and feel so fortunate to be able to attend such a wonderful school.
Biola is a place that is based on Christianity with students that thrive in an academic world. The University is very welcoming and a good size. There are multiple clubs to join and the students are very welcoming and engaging.
Biola Univeristy is one of the top film schools in the country and it really lives up to it's repuatation. I wouldn't want to attend film school anywhere else.
Good University. Everyone on campus is very nice. It is a Godly place that really helps strengthen knowledge about God. Some of the Professors on campus are not the best though, especially in the science department. Since it is such a small school, there are not very many options for different science professors. Definitely check on rate my professor before picking your professors. It really is helpful!
I love Biola university. It has such a great Christian community among students, staff, and faculty. The Bible minor is amazing, and the location in La Mirada is incredible.
Start Your Review of Biola University
Biola upholds it’s mission statement and is really striving for racial reconciliation and to share how Christianity and social justice complement and support each other.
The Teachers are very passionate in being able to help the students achieve their higher education while also providing for their students spiritual needs. I would recommend that students spend time with their professors here as they give great insight into many matters of school and life.
Throughout the college application season, Biola has been a source of unwavering support and kindness. The admissions office goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and consistently reaches out to you to help make your life easier. From admission to committing, Biola has made me feel at home on campus and within the classes.