Biola University Reviews

2,029 reviews
The faculty and communities of Biola are extraordinary. This is a great school to go for both academic excellence and supportive community.
Biola is a beautiful school and very safe to receive your education from. The staff and students are very kind. I love how God is involved in every thing you do at Biola. There is not much housing for students off campus and the tuition is extremely high.
Too conservative. Good Food. Lousy open hours. Mandatory chapels or ridiculous fine. This school is much more square that I thought it was going to be. Kind of a shame. I graduate next year as a transfer.
Review Biola University
Biola is a thriving and vibrant university. There is always something to get involved in and professors are eager and willing to help, guide, and walk with you not only through your academic journey but also your personal one. It has a Christ-centered, positive, and reflective atmosphere.
BIOLA University is an excellent college. It stays true to its values while giving a great education. It has no party scene that involves alcohol or drugs which makes the students feel safe. The professors really get personally involved with the students and care about them as people not just acedemically.
I got accepted into UCLA and Biola and chose Biola because of the amazing Elementary Education program and the close and friendly community I felt on campus. If you're given the chance walk around Biola and schedule a tour, it's an amazing top tier university with a family feel. I've read some comments about it being conservative but myself as a Liberal and Feminist feel like my view points are often met and expanded upon due to Biola's inclusive and accepting teaching style, while centering everything around Jesus. You'll love it here!
Biola University is the greatest university a Christian college student can attend. The education, programs, and alumni population are extremely reputable and Biola's community within the college itself is one of the greatest and most cohesive communities available for students assimilating into something as large as college life. The food is fantastic for a university cafeteria. I would not change a thing so far!
Biola is a very tight knit community....once you are able to find your niche. People are friendly in general and have the commonality of a shared faith. Professors are really great, knowledgeable, and available to students. some even go out of their way and invite the class to have dinner in their homes. Biola is working on diversity.
absolutely amazing School! really love the Christian atmosphere! professors care about students! The community makes learning so much easier knowing that you have all the support you need!
Biola University has impacted my life as a whole. Having the community atmosphere along with the presence of the Lord truly inspires a sense of fellowship. God has a plan for each one of us and with his guidance I have been lead to Biola University. This school is truly amazing and has become my second home.
Biola is a liberal arts school that is founded on sound Biblical teaching. It provides a great atmosphere for students to think and learn from a Biblical perspective. I would recommend this institution to anyone who is looking for this kind of atmosphere in an academic setting.
Biola is a great place to go to school, to learn more about myself and God, and to discovery people similar and different to me.
Biola University is a great school for those who really crave a Christian, conservative environment. The student body is very friendly; however, the student life is lacking. Professors are very kind and really care about the students. If you desire to succeed, you will. The biggest question one should ask when considering this school is how important a friendly, Christian environment is. If that is the most important thing to you, then Biola is a great fit for you!
The courses are challenging. They raise questions about incorporating one's faith into everyday life. Every time I think my questions have been answered, a new one is raised and the learning process begins all over again. It reminds me of why I am invested in my education.
Surrounded by the kindest, most welcoming, and most faithful students, Biola University is the change of atmosphere our world needs. When you walk through the gates of the beautiful grounds of this University in the home of the brightest state, sunny California, you have stepped into a united environment. The people that live and work in this college are people who are both intellectual and extremely talented. Their lives have been prioritized to spreading the love of God and sharing their gifts to those around them. The only flaw visible is that this colleges does not receive the recognition it deserves.
Biola is a great school for those looking to rigorously study the Bible as well as their intended field of study. Be ready to grow in your faith as well as your academics as you are challenged by caring faculty to expand your thinking. Expect chapel and Bible class requirements. People are typically kind however it can take some time to make deeper relationships.
My favorite part of Biola University is the people that you come across, whether classmates, professors, or faculty/staff. Since I've started attending Biola, I've made at least three friends that I believe I will have for the rest of my life.
Review Biola University
I love everything about Biola because it provided me with so many resources to grow in ways I didn't even know I could.
My favorite aspect of Biola University is the inclusive community. The students on campus are extremely welcoming, aiming to make you feel at home. The professors are personal. They desire to not only teach you, but to build a relationship with you. I love that students and professors are like minded in their faith, allowing a deeper connection that goes beyond the books. There are a variety of events that take place on campus, including concerts, Bible conferences, and club rushes. With over fifty clubs to offer, there is a spot for everyone to get involved.
Biola is a Biblically sound, private Christian University. The people are extremely friendly and are usually God- fearing. Pretty much every professor is conservative and wants to get to know you on a personal level outside of the classroom. The campus environment is warm and welcoming, and it is very easy to make friends. Located in Southern California, Biola is close to many famous destinations like the beach, LA, and Disneyland! Dorm life is a major part of the campus community, but I am sure commuters are just as satisfied. I love Biola. The professors have taught me a lot about thinking Biblically about everything, the people are beautiful, the weather is great, and my friends are incredible. You should definitely check it out!