Binghamton University, SUNY Reviews

2,194 reviews
My sister goes to Birmingham University. I went with her to check out the campus and dorm. The campus was really big and the scenery was nice. There were many restaurants and stores close by. I love how there are several different locations one can live at on campus.
Good academics, but not much else to praise this school about. Campus food is mediocre. There's not much to do off of campus except go to parties. Teachers themselves are a mixed bag. Let's not mention the recent strings of deaths on this campus including murders of students both on campus and off campus. Barely makes three stars.
The food is terrible. One time I brought a rock at the dining hall then I realized it was chicken. I lost 50 pounds and am no anorexic.
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
Good school with a beautiful campus(not really in the winter) but not worth the tuition. Campus food is good compared to other schools but the same thing all the time gets tiring and boring. Gym is almost always packed.
It's in the middle of nowhere and the city itself is super poor. Very hard for city students to adjust. Most kids start to hate it after the first year and transfer out to go back to NYC. BIG party school. Everyone comes here for the parties.
Most beautiful campus I have ever seen! Everything is developed and very professional. You need to look hard if you need more information or awareness on anything but if you ask, help is always there.
The campus is beautiful and they offer a ton of majors and classes however if you need help with advising or campus issue they are understaffed and it’s hard for you to have a sit down meeting to figure it out.
I liked that many professors were very helpful and attentive to questions and concerns when you reached out to them. The academics are solid, and the campus is often very peaceful and there is always something to do via student association sponsored clubs, or RA events.
I couldn't imagine myself graduating from any other place. I made amazing friends here and found out what I really wanted to do in life. Binghamton is a really good school and you most likely won't regret it.
Binghamton University is true to its title: "premier public ivy." Academics are very strong and there are so many job and career opportunities through the different departments. Professors are average all across, but some departments have better professors (e.g. liberal arts). Despite recent events, the campus is very safe. The University Police are friendly, helpful and willing to escort you around campus if you feel unsafe or if the weather is bad. Love it here!
Binghamton University is an amazing school that is diverse and definitely worth the tuition. I enjoy the classes and the student life here. I love the counselors and professors. They are understanding and encouraging. Binghamton University's cafeterias serve awesome food and there are plenty of jobs offered for students like me who do work study to pay for school. The school also offers wonderful financial aid to students like me who find it hard to pay for school but want to get an education. I definitely enjoy my stay in Binghamton because the dorms are comfortable and stylish. The school also has an amazing sports program.
What attracted me to Binghamton in the first place was it’s liberal arts education in comparison to other SUNYs. In addition, the campus has such a strong community that is very hard not to love! There activities happening every day on campus, so you’ll never be bored or miss home too much. Your teachers push you to think critically and understand the material. I love this school, I just wished it were more racially diverse!
I like the school overall. The academics are great if you are dedicated to your work. There are a lot of clubs to get involved in and meet friends. In addition, Binghamton University hosts a couple of events that are fun to go to with your friends.
I like the community you can build and the strong focus on academics. I like that at the orientation, we had so many team0building, student0bonding excercises.
The education you get for a state school price can't be beat! The resources for research are amazing and the alumni network is vast and useful! Party scene is super fun! The weather isn't always great, but there's nothing to do about that. I wish sports were a bigger part of the college experience, though... our school does not have a football team. Food could also use a lot of work!
SUNY Binghamton pushes students to be their best academically while pushing you to build your resume using their many clubs and internship opportunities. It is a great school for science students as they have a wide variety of programs suited for them. There is free transportation in the form of buses for students and there is an ambulance called Harpur’s frrry which is completely student run and doesn’t cost anything. One thing that I could change would to have them upgrade the dorms quicker. I will be in old dorms which don’t have air conditioning and are really quite small. The newer dorms are big and air conditioned, and you can use you ID as a key to unlock the door.
Binghamton is very helpful with all new students and are very welcoming. Class registration and scheduling is annoying just like any other university but they have tools to help students register which other places don’t have
I thought I would never be able to go to school away from my family and friends, but i must say that it has been one of the best experiences for me. Binghamton is now my home away from home and I couldn't be more grateful.
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
My experience at Binghamton University so far has been pretty average. The few things I would change would be the diversity in the faculty opting for more POC representation. I also wish the administration would take the time to listen to the concerns of the minority population at Binghamton and putting their money to better use for things that could help the less represented on this campus.
After freshman year of partying every day, things tend to die down for the next following years. The location in Binghamton allows a student to focus on course work and extracurricular activities. Furthermore, from my experience in Binghamton, the connections made at job fairs and interactions with future employer's eases students into the job field. Binghamton also hosts events and concerts daily for students to get to know each other. There are also family events where families can come up to Binghamton to check up on their child's progress and life at the university. Overall, Binghamton University is the school to go for a higher education.
I think Binghamton is a great school overall, even if there are some things that can be changed. It's a big campus with lots of extracurricular activities, a lot of majors and minors to choose from, all sizes of classes, and several types of dorms to choose from.