Binghamton University, SUNY Reviews

2,174 reviews
I love Binghamton University. It has a very welcoming community of a variety of people that everyone can find their perfect fit.
Overall it is a decent college has, it has a lot of different types of classes and opportunities to discover. The dorms are all decent some better than others and the campus is medium sized with different places to hang around. Usually there are activities for ever one to partake in and have fun. The only cons will be the weather and the food.
I began as a Freshman at Binghamton in 2014 and was a bit overwhelmed. I left and went to another college for 1 semester ad realized how fortunate I had been to go to Binghamton with the vast opportunities that were provided. I returned to Binghamton and recently graduated with my undergraduate degree and was accepted into the accelerated 5 year Master Program. It is an excellent school with a reasonable tuition.
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
Binghamton is a good college for it's price, very worthy if you are trying to live on your own and find yourself.
I love Binghamton's social environment. I also met my boyfriend at Bing which I believe was incredibly lucky. The only thing I would change would be the parking situation and the amount that tickets costs. $40 seems a little excessive for parking in the wrong lot. Another thing to fix would be the app for telling when the campus shuttles should be arriving. Other than that, I'm completely in love with Bing.
Binghamton University fundamentally lacks support for the majority of students who are in regular "Harpur School." Specialized schools, such as Decker, Watson, and SOM are the ones to receive special treatments, while the academic advisors at Harpur usually provide very basic form of assist, such as ones you can simply find online;
I really like Binghamton but there is room for improvement. As a psychology major it is hard to get into classes you need as they close out, even if you came in with a ton of AP credits. Also, so many classes are big so its harder to focus and do well in them. The campus is hilly. Academics are great, i’ve only had one bad teacher. Advising sucks I had to figure everything out on my own. Mountainview dorms were awfull, invisible RA, no community events, unfriendly people etc. Now I live in Newing and I love it and it’s so much better! Many Long Island students, intentational students (mostly from Asia) and Jewish students. You have to find your people at this school but once you do your experience can be great. Also, we don’t have certain majors like education (also communications, and others people complain about) which really sucks but they try to sell you on their grad program. The food is hit or miss, definitely go to the Kosher station since they have the best food.
Binghamton is an extraordinary college with much to offer to everyone. It is the highest SUNY school in New York and have an amazing business program. It is full of extracurricular activities and lots of parties we can attend.
Binghamton University has great professors and staff who want to see you succeed! There are so many resources for your academics, mental health, etc. It offers so many different majors, clubs and activities. It's an amazing school and I can't imagine myself anywhere else.
In my opinion, Binghamton is one of the best SUNY schools that you should invest in. Not only do they have excellent academic opportunities but they also have an awesome student life on campus. I would highly recommend attending this institution! GO BEAR CATS!
Certain professors are great, others not so much. You can get help if you actively seek it but nobody will serve you directions directly.
I really enjoyed my experience with Binghamton University. As a Reservist with the United States Army, my professors have worked with me in extraordinary ways when it comes to my training. The school itself has also been very understanding of my deployment and the general difficulties of being in the military and attending college. However, BU did not accept many of the ACE recommendation for college credits based on military experience and training, which would have aided me in obtaining my degree a lot faster.
The most important thing about BU for me was the atmosphere which is very conducive to learning and fosters creativity.
Binghamton University fosters a challenging academic environment where students are encouraged to think critically and go beyond the text. Classes are intense with hundreds of pages of reading per week and the professors expect a lot out of the students. The rigorous academics truly prepare students to enter the work field or higher education. The downfall of Binghamton University is the student culture. It is a big party school and students often get wrapped up in partying. If you are not a part of this scene it can be difficult to meet people and make friends. If you're looking for a strong academic program, I highly recommend Binghamton University, but if you are looking for a friendly environment, it's probably not your place.
This college has outstanding academics with an awesome reputation. It's affordable and is well worth the money spent.
I have been to Binghamton multiple times from going on tours to seeing Post Malone preform live. I am so excited to say that I am going to be attending Binghamton next year! I can easily say that if you want the best college experience and academics provided, Binghamton is for you! #Classof2022
Love the Nursing program! Hard school, but if you do the work you will be fine. Cheap than most schools
This is a nice school in all. Most students seem to work hard. The city is quite dangerous and some women have been murdered in recent years. Best to stay at the school.
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
The education quality at Binghamton is absolutely incredible but the ease of their online interface can be confusing. The Degree Works program can be misleading with the remaining requirements for students. Instead of integrating the college branch requirements and the major requirements, they're in two different places within the program and have set back many students on completing all of their requirements within four years.
The campus is very big and they offer a wide array of courses. However, the students are predominately white as well as the staff. They offer a lot of transportation for students on campus. They also offer a lot of resources that help with career planning, major advising, and counseling services.
The dorms are amazing compared to other SUNY schools. I am in SOM and the program goes above and beyond from the start of your freshman year. I don’t like to party, but there are other things to do even at a big party school.