Binghamton University, SUNY Reviews

2,202 reviews
The university strives to model its policies and improvements on students' feedback. Here, students are able to take full control of their education. I've done so by taking leadership positions in multiple organizations dedicated to keeping the university accountable in its efforts, and I've seen the administration respond positively.
Went here for both undergrad and graduate education, enjoyed my time here for both degrees. Professors were knowledgeable and approachable making it easy to understand information and extrapolate possible developments or outcomes .
Very overwhelming amount of people if you're not super into greek life and constant socializing. Very discouraging in terms of helps for the sciences. You will get a decent education but the majority of learning is for the sake of passing the exams.
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
Biomedical Anthropology program is horrible. The teachers do not care to even prepare for class. They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you to enroll whether or not it is true. They do not apply the same rules for grades or credits for different students. They will make special exceptions if they have a favorite student. They never give your grades back in a timely manner if at all. Do not go here, save your money, and a lot of sadness.
I loved the campus. On the tour, all tour guides were extremely helpful and honest. The campus itself is amazing, you can tell people are working hard to make a Binhamton the best. In my opinion, it already is.
I like my freshman year. It's all fun and games until sophomore year. People said, "It's not too late to change your major!" False statement.
Last week I have decided to change my major to Mechanical Engineering. I got rejected because I didn't take their required courses which are only available in their department. I questioned myself how am I even going to change my major if I am not in their department??? There's no way for me to graduate in four years if I want to change my major to mechanical engineering. What kind of policy is this?? There is already no chance for me to start over in four years. To the one who may want to major in engineering. Decide in your freshman year or it's too late for sure.
SUNY Binghamton offers a lot in academics as well as student life. There are many opportunities to get involved in clubs and activities that will support your college and professional future.
Binghamton grows on you. It is a perfect size. The dorm are wonderful. People are friendly for the most part. Try and find a roomate you have things in common with. The value is amazing. You are surrounded by intelligent students who work hard and play hard and it s diverse.
My sister goes to Birmingham University. I went with her to check out the campus and dorm. The campus was really big and the scenery was nice. There were many restaurants and stores close by. I love how there are several different locations one can live at on campus.
Good academics, but not much else to praise this school about. Campus food is mediocre. There's not much to do off of campus except go to parties. Teachers themselves are a mixed bag. Let's not mention the recent strings of deaths on this campus including murders of students both on campus and off campus. Barely makes three stars.
The food is terrible. One time I brought a rock at the dining hall then I realized it was chicken. I lost 50 pounds and am no anorexic.
Good school with a beautiful campus(not really in the winter) but not worth the tuition. Campus food is good compared to other schools but the same thing all the time gets tiring and boring. Gym is almost always packed.
It's in the middle of nowhere and the city itself is super poor. Very hard for city students to adjust. Most kids start to hate it after the first year and transfer out to go back to NYC. BIG party school. Everyone comes here for the parties.
Most beautiful campus I have ever seen! Everything is developed and very professional. You need to look hard if you need more information or awareness on anything but if you ask, help is always there.
The campus is beautiful and they offer a ton of majors and classes however if you need help with advising or campus issue they are understaffed and it’s hard for you to have a sit down meeting to figure it out.
I liked that many professors were very helpful and attentive to questions and concerns when you reached out to them. The academics are solid, and the campus is often very peaceful and there is always something to do via student association sponsored clubs, or RA events.
I couldn't imagine myself graduating from any other place. I made amazing friends here and found out what I really wanted to do in life. Binghamton is a really good school and you most likely won't regret it.
Binghamton University is true to its title: "premier public ivy." Academics are very strong and there are so many job and career opportunities through the different departments. Professors are average all across, but some departments have better professors (e.g. liberal arts). Despite recent events, the campus is very safe. The University Police are friendly, helpful and willing to escort you around campus if you feel unsafe or if the weather is bad. Love it here!
Start Your Review of Binghamton University, SUNY
Binghamton University is an amazing school that is diverse and definitely worth the tuition. I enjoy the classes and the student life here. I love the counselors and professors. They are understanding and encouraging. Binghamton University's cafeterias serve awesome food and there are plenty of jobs offered for students like me who do work study to pay for school. The school also offers wonderful financial aid to students like me who find it hard to pay for school but want to get an education. I definitely enjoy my stay in Binghamton because the dorms are comfortable and stylish. The school also has an amazing sports program.
What attracted me to Binghamton in the first place was it’s liberal arts education in comparison to other SUNYs. In addition, the campus has such a strong community that is very hard not to love! There activities happening every day on campus, so you’ll never be bored or miss home too much. Your teachers push you to think critically and understand the material. I love this school, I just wished it were more racially diverse!
I like the school overall. The academics are great if you are dedicated to your work. There are a lot of clubs to get involved in and meet friends. In addition, Binghamton University hosts a couple of events that are fun to go to with your friends.