Binghamton University, SUNY
- 4 Year
- VESTAL, NY
Binghamton University, SUNY Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$11,433 / year
68%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 668 responses
80%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 240 responses
grade B minus
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$5,631 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 439 responses
- Night Owl Milkshakes14%
- Ben & Jerry's icecream11%
- Marketplace Bearcats9%
- Mozzarella Sticks8%
- Macaroni and Cheese7%
- Night Owl Fried Mac and Cheese7%
55%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 204 responses
grade B minus
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
grade A minus
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 157 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.22%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.63%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.13%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.3%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
92%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 161 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 98 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.31%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.51%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.13%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.5%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 122 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.21%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.54%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.16%
- Not very visible.7%
- We have campus police?2%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 255 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.2%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.15%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.60%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.24%
Men's Varsity Sports
Basketball, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Indoor, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Wrestling
Women's Varsity Sports
Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Indoor, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country
Clubs & Activities
Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Newspaper, Radio Station, Student Government, Yearbook
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Musical Theater, Music Ensembles, Pep Band
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 188 responses
- Spring Fling28%
- Parade Day24%
- SantaCON (a new tradition)17%
- Bar Crawl10%
- Purim Carnival4%
- Welcome weekend4%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 190 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.11%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.49%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.24%
- Good parties are few and far between.9%
- Parties? What parties?7%
What is the biggest social event of the year?
Based on 116 responses
- Parade Day43%
- Spring Fling21%
- 4 Way during Homecoming4%
- Bar Crawl3%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
53%of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 232 responses