Bethune-Cookman University Reviews

1,480 reviews
I love how the professors will help you but that is only if you want the help. The professors can not help you if you do not want help. My overall experience at Bethune-Cookman University was amazing.
I did take one class online. It was great. I recommend having a planner to write down your assignment dates. Have a planner not only for online courses but all of your courses as well. Some people think online courses will be easy but it is easy to forget about when your assignments are due. Usually, online courses due dates will be at 11:55 pm and whatever day it is due. I advise you to get a planner and write down all of your assignment due dates for every class. Some people like online courses and some don't. If you apply yourself to the course you will do great.
I had multiple online classes, it was always a great experience. This University uses blackboard. The professors were easy to get into contact with and most of them had open door policies for their offices.
Start Your Review of Bethune-Cookman University
I graduated from Bethune-Cookman University from 2012 to 2017 with a bachelors degree in nursing. They live by their slogan enter to learn, depart to serve. The instructors are passionate about what they do and emphasize excellence. I met so many great people at this school and in the surrounding community. Daytona beach, in which BCU is located is beautiful. There are multiple sunny beaches, and it has a small beach town feel. The campus is a 20 min walk from the beach, convenient for studying or relaxing.
Bethune is probably one of the most well rounded school I've ever been to, they never seem to lack on the food they have, its always good and hits the spot when you have a desire for food. Honestly I would tell all my friends about this school and recommend them that they should go.
Easy to operate and they keep you updated on what needs to get done for daily assignments you might have.
My experience attending BCU was extremely enlightening and taught me so much about myself. The campus is developing every day to keep up with the demands of the growing population and their needs associated with that. The campus gives you a feeling of what an extended family would feel like in your "home away from home", despite being quite small comparably. My only issue is the choice of majors is not as extensive as other schools. If your intended major is not one of the ones they offer, consider a different school or switching majors.
Personally speaking, I did not take any courses online so I cannot vouch for the online process. I can say that if they put the same amount of effort into online courses that they do in-person lectures, you're in for a great learning experience.
I love the music department. I feel like everything I learn in there I can take to the mountaintop of a successful career. The campus is amazing. The atmosphere of the school Is so loving and family oriented. I do wish they would focus a bit more on fixing up the dorms as well as having healthier food in the cafe. I also would appreciate it if the administrators of the school could communicate with the students with more respect.
My online learning experience was great. It felt like I was still in a face to face setting. The only difference was everyone was in there pajamas. I loved it. We were still provided you tutoring virtually from our teachers as well as from tutors. The online experience was wonderful and if it continued to be like that I wouldn’t be upset.
Bethune Cookman University has made me a Better person. I struggled with not having a family or family support to get me through college I had to do it all on my own. When I came to BCU I came with nothing but faith and hope to get into college. Now I won’t say it was easy but it was worth because I had to go through the hardships to get to my destiny. I ended up have the max aid and two grants granted to me. This school gave me a great push because with everything I as going through I was to a point where I wanted to commit suicide. I Had been through so much because my mom had passed and everybody that I liked to for help turned there backs on me and I had nobody. Going to college saved my life and I thank god everyday for how far he’s brought me. I have friends now I feel like I have a family now. I wouldn’t trade my HBCU for nothing because they always continue to push me when I’m down.
My experience at Bethune cookman University have changed me into an better person of understanding what is my purpose in the world and how my dreams and talents being shown within its self. Though at times I would be home sick at times, but would remember my purpose of why I picked cookman in the first place.
I would like to say that Bethune Cookman University provides its inhabitants with an experience unlike any other. Being started by an African American woman it holds a legacy that remains unmatched. Strong, resilient and proud Wildcats continue to roar! I will say that; although the surrounding areas are deemed undesirable the community finds B-CU to be the glue that brings everyone together. I will be coming in as a freshman during the fall of 2020 session and I've made friends that not only can relate on a cultural level but also share the same pride and passion for achieving their goals. Thank you!
This University is a great private HBCU that brings minorities together in Daytona Beach FL. This schools education is great and is much needed
It is founded by a very remarkable African-American woman who paved the way for women like myself to be in a position to get an education at the higher level. I am convinced that her spirit still thrives today.
When I had College tour there they were very nice, the application process was very easy and I plan on attending Bethune Cookman University fall of 2020 I will be a freshman starting august
Start Your Review of Bethune-Cookman University
They were very informative and helpful. I enjoy my online courses and the professors are very good. I feel they really care about their students. I look forward to finishing up my years there.
I love my University its an HBCU so I feel like I'm home, there is always something to do on campus, everyone really gets alone because we are all like family so we be there for each other.
The great Bethune Cookman University is a very Great University. I have learned so much in such a short time. I have became very conscious of my history and also my major. I recommend my University to everyone.