Bethune-Cookman University Reviews

1,349 reviews
Bethune-Cookman University is an awesome campus! You learn a lot about yourself here. The classes are small so the learning environment is relaxed and I feel like I actually get the attention I need. I would like to see more diversity here, even though this is an HBCU. Therefore, I honestly don't have any other complaints. I love my HBCU!
Bethune-Cookman University is a very easy place to get good grades. Though, there are plenty of improvements to be made. The bathrooms in the dormitories are filled with different species of bugs, the students smoke weed on campus everyday, the school is a bit disorganized, the waiting time to get your dorm key is long (they will change the time at the least minute of when you need to get to the school to get your dorm key and only one person checks in with you for financial aid😬) and academics are not really that big here. On the upside, the school is beautiful, there is so much diversity, the kids here are nice, there are many clubs to join, and you get a lot of time outside of your classes. One thing to know is that as a Freshman, you will not create your own schedule, the school creates it for you. Also, never ever lose your key. The minute you get your key get a lanyard, because the dorm keys are $45.00 if you lose them, and $5.00 if you leave them in your dorm.
Being at Bethune Cookman has been absolutely fun for me so far. I have met a lot of amazing people and also the professors here are very helpful when it comes to helping students. As long as you get involved there will always be something for you to do. The sports here are very competitive as well.
Start Your Review of Bethune-Cookman University
I am currently a freshman at the great Bethune-Cookman University. It is been an amazing experience so far, I love my teachers, the staff,and faculty it is a heartwarming welcoming University.
This university is really centered on family and giving back to the community. The only thing that could be improved is they need to become more organized.
Bethune-Cookman University will give an experience like no other. You get to get in depth with your history as a black male or female and see why an HBCU is the perfect choice to consider going to for college.
My experience at the illurious Bethune Cookman University was great. Although there was little to no help from the administration team upon my outstanding balance when I was an A and B student with a 3.1 GPA on my way to a 4.0 and will do anything to maintain that image. I love my HBCU more than any other school, I would love to continue expanding my education at Bethune Cookman University. I encourage other young adults to come to my school and you will learn a lot, love the people you’ll meet, and make sure you seek people through before you bring them into your inner circle. Also, another thing you must always keep in mind while going to BCU is it’s all about who you know, and not what you know.
Our founder, Dr. Mary Mcledod Bethune, was a woman with great faith something that is deeply rooted within school. It is a pretty small yet, beautiful campus filled with history and talented students. It's a comfortable home away from home. Students continue to strive to help each other succeed in life and elevate the University.
This Institution is embedded with rich African American history. Our founder, Dr. Mary Mcledod Bethune, was a woman with great faith which applies to everything the school believes in. It is a beautiful and historic campus with a friendly staff and outstanding students. My experience here has been wonderful!
I like that this is a family oriented school. They make you feel comfortable being away from home while getting a great education. The professors are excellent at what they do and help in any way that they can. Students also strive to help each other to succeed and make this university great.
A great institution. They have done a fabulous job! A legacy of Dr. Bethune is well instilled into the culture of the University.
Here at Bethune-Cookman University, I like the school a lot so far. My class schedule is pretty good, no complaints. The food here is really good to me, the staff And faulty are really nice and helpful. However, it's not always a party scene here. Some days are more duller then others. The admissions and financial aid office is very disorganized and slow. So far overall out of 10, I give Bethune Cookman University an 8!
My experience at BCU is something I cannot forget. It's a blessing to be here because everything is so lovely. The energy level is to the max, and there's no backing down from it. I love the atmosphere and the students here.
Very exciting college environment, classes were easy to find, nice friendly atmosphere, professors are wonderful.
Moving from Miami to Daytona Beach was a big transition for me, however, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Since my freshmen year, I have grown so much mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Attending Bethune-Cookman University has taught me the true importance of managing my time, and having my priorities in order.
I Like the campus and some of the dorms.I also like the teachers. I would like to see the food at the school change
It wasn't the best school but it wasn't the worst. It could be a lot of changes made to the school. tuition was to high to offered so little
Start Your Review of Bethune-Cookman University
My first year at Bethune-cookman was great of course there are some challenges but other than that the school is great
What loved the most about BCU was the professors, nearly all of them are doctorate degree holders. Also a lot of them have affiliations within their field and universities that they graduated from and they get you involved as well.
if you are from the northern area DO NOT GO TO BETHUNE! you will not see where your money is going. run down buildings, terrible food, overall bad school in general. the party scene is wack all of the parties are in Orlando so if you don't have a car your out of luck. rethink your options before going to this school. my opinion and majority of others this school is trash.