Bethune-Cookman University Reviews

1,314 reviews
Bethune-Cookman university was an excellent choice for myself to pursue my degree. The school is very family oriented and seeing as I am an out of state student from California I was concerned on whether I would like it all the way in Florida. The professors are extremely nice and only want to see the best from you. Lastly, the school activities will always keep you entertained and the many organizations that you can join also help you make friends.
I love the students and the campus. The surroundings of the campus makes it much more enjoyable to go to.
This school bring out the best and the worst in you. It's been some good times here and some bad times here, I feel like only the strong will survive. If you come from somewhere that you get easy access to or a big city you wont like it here. The professors you have to be on them like their your child. The student advisers are the best the wont nothing but the best for you and their going to tell you exactly how they feel no sugar coating.
Review Your College
Bethune Cookman is an amazing campus with a great staff and student body. The professors here are some of the best people I have ever met they engage everyone in the classroom activities and classes are small enough for one on one time. Bethune Cookman has a lot of rich history on its campus which is very interesting to me , There is nothing I would change about this wonderful university, I truly enjoy being a Wildcat!
I am a second Semester Freshman, and the school is good academically, but other than that its pretty average.
Bethune-Cookman University is an institution filled with rich history and beloved traditions, and a strong commitment to academic excellence and community service. B-CU offers 35 undergraduate programs and a master’s degree in trans formative leadership.
It is a great atmosphere here at Bethune Cookman University. The students and teachers are very welcoming and they make you feel comfortable as if we are a family. The teachers can relate to us and make it very easy to understand the material to prepare you for the test. The parties are fun and drama free. I would like to see the campus get a better student center with more games and television screens and also provide food chain restaurants.
Bethune Cookman University is a good fit for me. The campus is small and family oriented. My Professors are very helpful. It's a great learning environment.

Attiya Butler
Bethune-cookman is an amazing university. The people are so friendly and the professors work with you to ensure you are getting the best education possible. They offer all different types of organizations that you could join. There is always something going on to keep the students engaged. The only thing I would like to change is to expand the school. Right now this is a very small institution and it would be a lot better if we could build a student center and a bigger cafe and add more things to the campus. But over all I am having the time of my life at Bethune.
The campus is nice and small, which is good if you need more individual learning. Professors are willing to work with you as long as you put forth the effort. I'm currently a freshman and I see the challenges I will experience here with the departments. The camp has a family oriented feel which is good if your a out of state student. Students and different organizations always have events going on so it's never a dull moment on campus.
My experience of Bethune Cookman University has been great thus far. The teachers are excellent which they make sure you understand the given work, and actually cares about the students. The teachers make sure you actually learn something. Plus aside from academics, they have plenty of activities around the campus and many things for you to get involved in to have fun. Bethune Cookman University is a great school to attend.
Great school overall. All of the campus is pretty easy to get to and the dorms are beautiful. Tuition could definitely change.
I felt uncomfortable at first it was hard transitioning and adjusting to a four-student dorm room, very little access to transportation, and not many food options nearby. On the other hand, professors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
l experience at Bethune Cookman University has been marvelous. I've grown as a young man and have been on the verge of discovering who I was made to be. I'm still getting fully accustomed to the college atmosphere so I haven't been at my best but Cookman has definitely done it's best to help me.
Iv'e attended Bethune-Cookman University since the summer of June 2016. Here I met new people and gained a thirst for knowledge. As a person who has a fascination with history i am inspired by the our university's founder Dr. Mary Mcleod Bethune. She was a strong women who fought for what she believed in . Doing a lot for black's and women in her society. In all honesty it was difficult adjusting from high school to college. Wanting to give up at times and ready to give in but iv'e always had the guidance from my freshmen advisor Mr. Moss . He's one the reasons why i grew to love Bethune-Cookman university. loving and motivational sermons and seeing creative performances from other students always brought a smile to my face. Bethune-Cookman is a great choice for those planning to grow closer to god while quenching their thirst for knowledge.
My experience at Bethune Cook-man University as a freshman has been a great experience. The atmosphere on campus is lovely, i have learned more about my black history and there is still more to learn. The staff members and professors are very helpful by encouraging and pointing you to the right direction. The new dorms are comfortable and refreshing, also if there is maintenance problem that needs to be fixed, the Residential Assistants will get the problem fixed as soon as possible. Furthermore, i think the food in the cafeteria needs to have more variety and better flavors. Other then those things, Bethune Cook-man is a great school to attend.
My name is Kaytonya Jennings and I am a junior transfer student from the British Virgin Islands. I am currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in hospitality management at the university.
There are great opportunities on campus as it relates to getting experience in your career field, developing yourself as an individual, being apart of the different organizations. There is an organization for everyone to participate in that ensures you get the full experience of the "college life". I do not live on campus so I can't really give my opinion on that aspect. However, I would say that I think that activities on campus should be better advertised to ensure a successful turn out because i honestly do not be aware of some of the activities. I am excited to see what the upcoming semesters has to offer as i continue to learn and prepare myself to depart and serve.
Review Your College
I am a parent and my daughter is a second semester freshman. I am pulling her out to go to another college next year. My daughter lives in a dilapidated dorm. Her showers are full of mold. The cleaning crew never cleans the bathroom I call and complain the school cleans it up and it goes back to the way it was. The food in the cafe is awful so my kid doesn't go to the cafe half the time. I find the information that my daughter is being given from the administration is full of half truths. Now the biggest complaint is the billing it is always wrong I have to email or call. It took them a month to remove double charges on my bill. The school is very disorganized.
My experience at Bethune Cookman University is magnificent . I feel right at home with my fellow colleagues and I learn something different everyday i am here. I like how the professors actually take the time out to talk to you and are willing to get to know you. Also I like how i am surrounded by historic places and how the university offers you courses that let you learn more about your culture. What I would like to see change is the approach the university has on academics. I feel like the university could be more organized in various ways such as offering more programs for kids with special needs . So there are my thoughts on Bethune Cookman University.
What I like about this college is that it's very diverse. The professors here care about the students, they all want to see the students succeed in the future.