Bethel University - Minnesota Reviews

The administration and students have been very welcoming and accommodation throughout my visits on campus. They hold strongly to what they were funded on which is the christian beliefs and values, and I love how the professors and students are looking to make personal connections.
Bethel is a smaller school that has lots of great professors who will actually take the time to interact with you one on one. The STEM majors here are well backed and doing the same caliber of research as major state schools.
I attended Bethel University for 4 years (online, Doctorate) until I transferred. They were really nice - until you give an honest assessment of a teacher - then they don’t like you anymore, and give you an “F” for a class that you participated in, completed ALL assignments and forum posts. For a student of color, I suggest another school.

It’s like a buddy system there. I am VERY happy that I transferred and MUCH happier at my new school. Who would transfer after almost being finished unless they REALLY had to?

On campus, while at eve dorms, had a couple of guys ( maintenance and a jock) follow me and peer through my window at night - like they never seen a girl of color before.

Beautiful campus and most are nice; just not the right university for me.

Bottom line: they will look out for their own (teachers, etc) - rather right or wrong.
Start Your Review of Bethel University - Minnesota
Bethel University has changed me and has begun to shape me into the young woman God created me to be. From the moment I made my decision on BU, I had peace and joy about the future. I am now currently living the college life I prayed about for years. I attend classes with professors who speak and teach to me like they are a friend. They care for me as a student and a person. The community aspect fuels the people. There is a sense of togetherness, even between the people I do not know. The chapel services have rocked my world and spirit; the speakers, as well as students around me, push me to be a better person and stronger Christ follower. I am confident in the college decision I made. Bethel is authentic, it is inspirational, and it is home.
Bethel has completely changed my attitude toward others, sports, academics, and my walk with Christ. The atomosphere here is so encouraging and positive and supportive. The academics so far have been outstanding! Bethel has given me some of my very close and forever friends.
Bethel is a very safe environment and pushes you academically and spiritually if you open up to the opportunities there. There are rules with going to Bethel and living there, but they are nothing unimaginable and make it easy to go there. The community atmosphere is incredible.
Staff works really hard to make the student body feel welcome and find a community to settle in with (especially for Freshman). Professors are held to standards of excellence, so you will do well if you put in the effort and study hard. The student body itself tends to be clique-ish and not as diligent in living out their faith, but becomes less of a problem Junior and Senior year.
I love the beautiful campus! Safe, well kept. Great walking trails. The cafeteria has great food, reasonable too. I did not however fit in too well. The college is Baptist on the books, but many of its professors and students are very liberal. It's not a good option of you are conservative, evangelical.
I am a part of the adult online bachelor's program. I have had a wonderful experience with how the course is set up. Professors are kind, helpful and accessible. The staff in the admissions and advising office are quick to respond and helpful as well. I would recommend this program.
I love Bethel and never want to leave! The campus is safe and beautiful and the teachers really care about you as a person. There are also so many opportunities to study abroad and it is a comfortable atmosphere. Although I believe this school is amazing you have to be a certain type of person to go here. Bethel is a small rich white Christian school. I would highly not recommend going here if you do not like small clicky communities and are not a big believer in Christ or willing to become one. This is a great school for someone who has grown up relatively sheltered and does not want to change that. The party scene is also non-existant due to it being a Christian school.
Don't go to this school if you're a student of color. You would think their diversity group will be better in year 2018, but it gets worse. The students are basically made up of 90% white, and conservatives students.

The school will tie biblical scriptures in all your classes even after making you take two theology classes and you'll be asked in all your class project to explain how the outcomes or overview of your project is pleasing to God. Only gospel music are allowed in the school, Google "Bethel students reaction to Snoop Dogg concert"

This school will put you in bubble and most of their students only get low paying jobs at Ameriprise Financial which is also a Christian based organization. Unless, you are going for a seminary degree, Bethel is definitely not a good school for any student. It’s basically a cult, and the school will make you sign a covenant which will be used against you if you ever go against the school rules.
Bethel has a small but beautiful campus with a variety of housing options. I've made many acquaintances here and a few close friends and my favorite experiences here happened because I joined choir and started going to the many special activities and performances out student government puts together. I love the opportunity to learn about my faith at the same time as I gain academic knowledge here.
Bethel University provides a great professor to student ratio. The professors actually care about you too. Beautiful campus, supportive community.
The online program for working adults is perfectly tailored to suit my needs. I can complete coursework on my own schedule and interact with other students. The advisors and staff have also been extremely helpful.
I really enjoy Bethel. It does have its downsides though, as it feels like they are only giving their money to the sciences - it feels like the liberal arts courses get forgotten about, which is hard because Bethel is a liberal arts school.

The classes are great and interesting, and the connections with professors and people here have been wonderful. I've experienced a lot that I never would have imagined doing so soon into my life, and its because of the connections I've made at Bethel.
I am currently in my senior year at Bethel, and I highly suggest that if anyone is looking at this school to look elsewhere.

In the education program, many hours are spent in schools to gain experience;however, Bethel is very unreasonable and has made me pay over $400 in travel costs to these schools alone. They are unwilling to work with their students to find a placement that fits their schedule or even is remotely close to where they live.

If you’re looking to go to Bethel to be a teacher, look somewhere else.
Bethel is a gated community-type university in the middle of a suburban neighborhood, which doesn't allow for much diversity. The majority of the student population is Caucasian and many of the ideals portrayed by the university are whitewashed. Bethel offers great programs for nursing, English, and economics, and the faculty in those departments are amazing people who really know their stuff. I just really wish Bethel wasn't so conservative and guarded.
Start Your Review of Bethel University - Minnesota
My time at Bethel so far has been amazing! The professors really care about you and want you to succeed. The campus is so beautiful and there are a lot of things to do around campus. The dorms are pretty nice and the food is pretty good too. I have grown so much in my faith here from chapel, bible studies, and conversations with other students here. Although this school is small, there is a lot to get involved in here. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.
Bethel's community aspect makes it feel like home. The school grounds are beautiful and I always feel safe here. I have had the experience where my professors really seem to care about their students and their success. They are always ready to help you in areas where you may need it. Bethel has an atmosphere of trust and companionship that I never expected.
Bethel is a great place for people looking to build their faith with other people their age that find faith and academics important. The campus has so many competent professors that are willing to help you when you're struggling. The one problem that I sometimes have with Bethel is that while everyone is super friendly and there's tons of activities to go to, the authenticity of friendships can be lost. It can be hard to get close to people beyond the activities. But overall love it!