Bethel College - Kansas Reviews

My experience here at Bethel is great! what i like about Bethel is the peace i have and the weather. I would like too see more students on campus.
Bethel College is a smaller community that invests time in each and every student. Without the large campus feel, the school focuses on making sure each student is successful by providing qualified educators, an abundance of resources, and community involvement activities. Instead of only making sure students are taking classes, they provided community service opportunities and extracurricular activities to further the social ability of students.
The faculty is extremely kind and concerned with each and every student. Each student is noticed by the faculty to ensure a positive and promising experience and education through the school.
Review Your College
Bethel is known as the Harvard of the Plains, and it is for good reason. Academics here are challenging, and that is recognized by employers, who look highly on potential employees with degrees from this school! To have a degree from Bethel holds more weight then the same degree from a state school would.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I love the classes that are offered. I have yet to be disappointed by a lack of class choices. My professors are very engaging, know students by their names, and do an incredibly good job at being available to help students outside of class times! The largest class I have been in here had 30 students.
I feel incredibly safe on campus. Often, I am up late studying, but I never worry about walking around campus alone at night. Both the campus and community feel very safe!
I live in what we call a mod, which is a communal living set up where nine people live together with a communal living space and bathroom. You choose who you live with, so, essentially, I am living with eight of my best friends! We have a blast! Admittedly, sometimes it is hard to do homework with so much going on, but I never feel that my social life is lacking.
A good number of our teams are in building seasons (yes, that is a polite way of saying we could be better), but we have a stellar golf program with one of the best courses in the state (Sand Creek), and also a historically superb tennis team. Student involvement in sports is very high, with a majority of students also involved in athletics. The fan base from the community is amazing for the size of the school and the town!
Bethel has become my home. I love the community, and the people who I live with. Bethel is big enough to offer a diverse set of classes, yet small enough to have classes that are engaging and feel personal (I am in several classes this semester with under 10 people). I love that I know the names of most of the people that I pass on the sidewalks. As cliche as it may sound, Bethel is a place I feel like I belong!
I love all my teachers. The small class sizes are great.
I have never felt peer pressured to do something I did not want to do. I have also not heard from anyone else of peer pressure to drink or do drugs. There definitely is drinking, but there's going to be drinking anywhere you go. I feel very safe on campus.
Professors are always willing to help with anything you would need to succeed. They really care about how well you do.
You can really build connections to find a job that you will enjoy after college.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
We have some great Faculty Members who look out for every student on campus!
I think we have a great housing accommodations. I really like the atmosphere of the Mods.
We do not have a greek life system on Bethel's campus.
I do not participate in sports, but i hear they do alright. I really enjoy playing intramural sports.
Review Your College
I would choose Bethel again because of the community feeling. I really like how big my class sizes are and how the professors are always willing to work with you. I also am involved in many organizations and have some leadership roles, which i think will look great on a resume!
We have a variety of classes in many subjects with very knowledgable professors.
We have a lot of diversity on campus of different forms. This sometimes caused tension but it also opens up a lot of opportunities for good conversation.