Bethany Lutheran College Reviews

Bethany offers a great Christian liberal arts education. You get to build your knowledge, skills, and in faith. Friendly people and professors as well.

As a Media Arts student, I've had tons of opportunities to get hands-on experience creating things starting freshman year. There is a great community of student artists on campus which is really valuable as a creative. If you want to make things, Bethany can give you the tools to do so.

There is a decent amount of diversity on campus as well. Lots of people from different backgrounds, cultures, and countries.
Online instruction is never ideal. My professors did good job trying to incorporate online students as much as possible.
Although most of my college classes were in person (even during COVID), I did take a couple online courses. The professors were very helpful and available if I had any additional questions from what they were teaching and posting on our online classroom.
Start Your Review of Bethany Lutheran College
I've been a student at Bethany for over 3 years now and I have loved the community I've been able to be a part of here. The close knit, Christian environment has helped me develop myself and grow in so many different ways.
I like Bethany because it is small college and personal relationship with teachers and the fact that it is a christian college and the college life is good
I like the fact that it is a small college and you have a personal relationship with the teachers. also the fact that you get to meet people from all over the world and learn about other cultures. yeahhh
If you are a part of any marginalized group, I would strongly suggest that you find another school to attend. This place gets away with mistreating a lot of people. It is definitely not the place I would want representing my religion and faith. However, if you are white and straight (specifically male), this will be the perfect place!
I enjoy how the college is smaller, especially as a person who graduated from a very small school. The students have the opportunity to form personal relationships with the professors, and have access to many excellent resources such as studios, labs, and professional equipment. BLC also has excellent staff, and very diverse, friendly students. Housing is very nice and affordable, and you get to know people from all over the world. The sports programs are wonderful, and the christian value of the school holds true overall.
The online classes I took were as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although I never intended to take online classes, the professors were very flexible and helpful. The classroom online was very effective and I continued to learn just as well as I did when I was in the classroom. I would consider taking online classes in the summer as a result of this.
I liked that it is a small college and it is easier to get more help from teachers than if you were to go to a larger college. Bethany only has about 650 students which makes it easier than a larger to get help. Something else that I like is the Christian environment and education we receive. Teachers are able to incorporate the Word of God into every class, no matter what class it is. Something I think the college could do better with is communication. Sometimes it is hard to know what teachers want and there can be confusion.
I consider myself very blessed to have been able to attend Bethany. I met fantastic people on campus - some of my dearest friends - and I know Bethany's education really set me up for success. I was able to double major (and minor), study abroad, get a good internship in Mankato, and land a full-time job before I had even graduated (all while participating in numerous extracurricular activities). Every single one of my professors at Bethany knew me by my first name, and I was able to pursue what I loved in so many areas! Bethany may not have all the bells and whistles of larger universities, but it has something way more important: faculty and staff who pour their hearts and souls into their students and go out of their way to serve you. The community at Bethany is super tight-knit and full of passionate learners, and THAT is the finest thing you can find in higher ed. I wouldn't trade my Bethany education for anything.
My experience at BLC has been rewarding in so many ways. I have found a solid friend group, future career opportunities, and a faith based community that thrives off of God's Word. Yes, everyplace has it's pit-falls, but Bethany cares about students's education and spiritual growth and my Profs have my best interest in mind!
I love that the more you do on campus, from going to different athletic events to theater performance and choir and band performances, you get to know and meet so many people who become some of the best friends you will ever have in your life. The location is also awesome because there is so much to do, everything is reachable from the cities an hour plus north, to different hiking and walking areas as well.
First rate college experience that fosters academic, physical, and academic growth that prepares students (and prepared me) from across the globe for their professional lives in the workforce and for eternal life as well.
Bethany has opened many doors for me and have made my plans for after undergraduate schooling more secure and achievable! The campus is full of smiling faces and the professors are great at being available for help on either small items or bigger items.
As an out-of-state student, it was very important to me that the place I attended school felt like home. Bethany Lutheran College ended up being the perfect place for me. You will not find kinder students, staff, and professors anywhere else. They take "Minnesota Nice" to a new level, and they have made me feel welcomed and valued from day 1.
Start Your Review of Bethany Lutheran College
This is such an incredible institution. The dorms are always well kept. The Old Main building is the home of the cafeteria, student union, computer labs and even a "coffee shop" where live performances take place. The gym and soccer field are also very neat. I also love the student to teacher ratio. You are more than just a number there.
Three of my children are Bethany grads, a teacher, a registered nurse, and a soon to be physician assistant PA. They all received a superior education and grew into fine Christian adults. Bethany was worth every penny.
I would say Bethany is a fairly good school. You get what is expected from a small school, teachers are willing to help because of the small class sizes. If you have food allergies I do not recommend because the selection is limited and very repetitive.