High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.16 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.16 responses
Most Popular Majors
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching17 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services17 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics7 Graduates
Elementary Education5 Graduates
Political Science and Government5 Graduates
School Psychology5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.18 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.19 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
Bethany College - West Virginia Reviews
If you like Hogwarts, this may be the school for you! It's a beautiful historic campus that offers amazingly small class sizes for a more personal education system. Along with a great educational system, there's a large assortment of activities to keep students entertained, seeing as the campus is sort of isolated. There's Greek Life (Sororities: Alpha Xi Delta, Phi Mu, Zeta Tau Alpha, Fraternaties: Phi Kappa Tau, Delta Tau Delta, Beta Theta Pi, Alpha Sigma Phi) Intramural sports, and amazing events run by the Student Activities Council, which also organizes trips to places like New York, Niagra Falls, and Ireland.
The beauty is second to none. From the green trees that stretch to the rolling hills all summer long to the snow that makes the college look like it's something out of hogwarts. This college is ideal for people who prefer to have a close relationship with both the student body and the professors. Plenty of opportunity is presented for the students to be involved during the school year along with priming the seniors who will graduate jobs and connections for careers. The convenience of a 10 min walk max to whatever you need on campus is great! If you are an introvert who prefers to spend long intimate nights with Netflix, you can do that here. I would highly not recommend it because the thing about this college is that we are family here, you'll be surrounded by quality friends whom you can create the best of memories with if you choose to be involved with them. This is a college that is very accepting of people from all different walks of life.
The professors are okay most times. There's no money for student activities. It's department's are strong butfull of arrogant teachers who put their research desires on the shoulders of students. This would be acceptable if it were not for an outdated catalouge that recommends classes professors are unwilling to teach. This leads to students inability to earn a degree of any worth. You can expect food to be uncooked, with chicken and beef served well pinked and full of bone chips. The school is rural, which is good or bad depending. Greek life is small but unfairly overbearing. Freshman are forced to explore Greek life options in order to receive financial aid and are looked down on by students and administration alike if they decide against it. All in all, just go somewhere else unless you can go here for free.