Berklee College of Music Reviews

Berklee initiated the first of many innovative applications of technology to music education with Jazz in the Classroom, a series of LP recordings of student work, accompanied by scores. These albums contain early examples of composing, arranging, and performing by students who went on to prominent jazz careers, such as Gary Burton, John Abercrombie, John Scofield, Ernie Watts, Alan Broadbent, Sadao Watanabe, and many others. The series, which continued until 1980, was a precursor to subsequent
My experience at Berklee has been amazing! I have been able to learn a lot, grow, and develop my skills to become a better musician!
Performance is my addiction. I always want to play more and more. Especially in jazz style and improvise the new phrases. That is the point of my life, you can improvise totally different lines when you play the same song. That gives you creative skills to become an artist. I’m used to spending long hours on the practice
Trumpet and performance are the indispensable duos. Performance is the best way to show my character and life. I can catch the audience and take them on a journey. The trumpet is like my heart, my mouth. My heart beats give the rhythm to my music and my mouth is a help to say my feelings. When you are playing your original music, who feel like a newborn baby. Performing at the stage is like a race car, I always realize that because audience listen you very careful and you should not make any mistake. But this is getting me excited to do that. My dreams come true.
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
I attend Berklee Online which is a great way to earn your degree while your busy with music related things. A lot of my classmates are on tour, running their own businesses, or managing artists. The ability to work at my own pace allowed me to earn my bachelor's degree in only 2 years. The teachers are also very knowledgeable and most are professionals in the industry. They are a great resource and are always willing to answer questions.
I'm a student enrolled into Berklee's online bachelor's degree program and it's been so easy to get through. Comprehensive lessons, live instructor feedback sessions, and a good mix of classes to choose from.
Berklee Online is one of the most affordable colleges in the nation. For the education you receive, you get more than any other university and are set on the right path to success as a musician.
Incredibly flexible and Unique experiences you would otherwise not recieve like having a teacher who was also Katy Perry's touring manager WHILE they were on tour! And being online you still skype you have in my opinion more contact with your teachers than I ever did in physical college. As well as just crazy cool courses. I am finishing my third quarter and accumulated 30 credits worth! So an entire year and I still have a quarter to go! incredible
I love Berklee College of Music. Any entering student will feel and abundance of support, many of the professors want to see you succeed and provide a lot of guidance for all students. It has a very diverse environment with people from all parts of the world. Berklee has countless clubs, organizations and programs available to the students. The food is really good, and they are open to catering to any eating habits. It is one of the best institutions for music in the world, and many students that value their time at the school end up with successful jobs in the music industry. The best part of Berklee is all the networking opportunities available to the students, just for being Berklee students.
Great for music, not socials. It really depends on what major you are doing. Sometimes you have great teachers. It really depends how lucky you get during your registration period. The facilities and teaching methods are a little old and slow, but once in depth into your major you fly pretty quick.
The best music experience you can get worldwide. Every day you have a new experience . The teachers are the best and studios are awesome.
What I like the most is the cultural diversity I can find in just a small space. Being able to treat, play and talk with other people with different backgrounds as I is an amazing opportunity I'd never thought I would be able to get someday in my life.
Berklee College Of Music is the best college I have ever attended. The professors are very educated and helpful, the materials are tough but I have learned so much and the additional support is exceptional also. I was a transfer student and accepted into their song writing program and throughout my time so far my classes have expanded me into several different directions to enhance my ability for other areas to make money in my field of study. Being able to attend this school online has also given me the flexibility to work and do my homework around my busy schedule.
As a current student at Berklee, I really enjoy the campus, academics, and extreme level of diversity here, in terms of improvement, the food needs improvement, and the elevators in my 15+ floor dorm building would shut down a lot so we had little to no elevator access. Other than that, great school!
The overall experience at Berklee College of Music is very exciting and live. The academic process is engaging and enticing and cannot be matched by any other college of its kind. The professor to student relationship is unique and ideal for a successful experience. One thing I would like to see change in is, the financial help that returning students receive to continue their studies and doing what they love. Whether it be through a program to aid students, or even a raffle provided by the school, anything they may could do to provide the help that so many students need.
I gave this school 4 stars because although the school does provide many opportunities and has great professors the students are very "clique-y". It shows especially in the various showcases I've seen. Many of them have a very similar sound, leaving no room for other performers that bring something different to the table. So, in that aspect, I am disappointed.
I enjoy connecting with the other students and the performance opportunities I had. What can be improved upon are the tiny dorms, sub-par food in the Caf, and some of the teachers who really don't know what they are doing.
The professors are (no joke) the best musicians from the world. The faculty very friendly and the competition is exhilarating! The best school to reach new limits in musicality.
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
The music scene is Boston is amazing, mostly due to Berklee, and the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. However, Berklee's dorms are pretty gross. They are infested with roaches, rats, goblins and gools, and they cost $20,000 to live in. It honestly doesn't see like Berklee cares about our well being, in terms of how we live. As long as we pay the ridiculously expensive tuition that they recently had the audacity to raise, Berklee just kind of doesn't respond. And the caf food is pretty bad, and it's not the workers fault, they just get pretty weird ingredients to work with. I wouldn't blame anyone if the couldn't make a delicious and nutritious meal out of a brick and a shoe lace.
I love how diverse Berklee is, and I also like how Berklee is in the heart of the city which gives students an easier way to get involved in the community and into Boston's music scene.
I am taking the online school and it has been great at teaching me many different things relating to music, all while being online.