Berklee College of Music Reviews

Berklee is an incredible resource for young musicians looking to start their careers in an industry that is constantly growing and changing. The people are unlike any I have met anywhere else, and I have already made some of the most meaningful friendships in my life. To be successful at Berklee you need to be willing to put in a lot of effort and advocate for yourself. If you give yourself a bad name at the school by putting others down, having an ego, etc. (believe me, plenty of people do it), it will be a lot harder for you to find opportunities. It is so easy to make connections and find opportunities, but you need to be willing to put in the work to do so.
When I first came to Berklee, everything made sense. From day one, the professors have been so welcoming and encouraging. I feel like I belong here at Berklee. Some professors act as mentors to me and push me beyond my comfort zone. They make me feel that I am more than what I see myself to be and they see my potential. Berklee is also a great place to try so many new things. Coming into school, I thought all I wanted to do is perform for a living, but that has since changed. I have been exposed to music business, songwriting, arranging, and so many more things that I have now taken an interest in. Berklee is where you find out who you really are, what your sound is, and what you want your life to become (both personally and professionally).
It's my 3rd semester here at Berklee College of Music and I can say it changed me a lot both as a musician and a person. The diversity at Berklee is something that I'm really proud of, because we all come from different backgrounds, speak different languages, and it's really fascinating how much we are actually connected when we play music together. I would suggest to take ensemble classes every semester because that's where you can learn so much things musically and other life skill things like how to deal with players with different music styles, exchanging ideas, and testing your courage with recital performances once every semester.
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
I completed the Five-Week Summer Program which included college-level classes tailored to my levels of understanding in various aspects of music.
I would advise upcoming students to really think about what they are doing before they enroll into Berklee.

This school is crazy expensive and if you are just going to party and not learn, please don't go. The money isn't worth it.

The education is something you can get from somewhere cheaper, the people there seem fake. Go here if you'd like to study Film Scoring. Other than that, stay away. I'm just trying to finish because I've already put myself down the rabbit hole with debt.

On the bright side, you can meet a few good people here who might have your similar taste in music.. Just please be smart about your money because I wasn't and now I'm regretting it.
There are students from all around the world and they offer so many resources for when you need help. They make you feel important and not just "another student".
I've just completed my freshman year and am about to start my sophomore year. The professors/teachers are amazing, knowledgeable in their field. I love the diversity with plenty of international students attending. While I don't live in the dorms, I've visited them. All very new and clean. There are lots of practice rooms with pianos, amps and various musical instruments to be used any time a student wants to practice their craft. Can't wait to start in September!!
Definitely one of the best universities in music of the country. The level of education is very high. Teachers are experts in the subjects they are teaching and dedicate the necessary time for each student. They prepare you to face the reality of today's musical world. Berklee College of Music, has the most modern tools that allow you to face the current trends of the music and entertainment industry. If I had to contribute something to the improvement of teaching in Berklee, it could be to implement other languages to reach more students around the world.
Berklee has so many incredible resources to offer. I love that we are given and informed of so many opportunities, and we're surrounded by so many other talented musicians that continue to inspire. In order to get the most out of Berklee, you have to make it work for you, and take advantage of everything you can. I think that Berklee needs to improve their communication with students on an administrative level. Students should have a say as to where our tuition money is going, or at least be aware of it. Communication between faculty and staff with students is also poor, and some of the teachers couldn't care less about their students, which is fine in a large university, but we are a small tight knit college, and I think teachers should improve.
I did the five week summer program at Berklee College Of Music, and it was an incredible experience! I made friends from all over the world who loved music just as much as I did. I learned so much from the professors, and I felt at home in the musically creative environment. I will be attending Berklee in Boston this year, and I am beyond excited.
Classes have been fulfilling so far, and I'm excited to begin working on my major and minor next semester.
This school needs some serious work. The academics are all over the place. The faculty is extremely un organized and will always re direct you.
Berklee is an outstanding institution for the music world. Since coming here I have become part of a community of people that is not only extremely talented but also dedicated to the craft of music making. Its a challenging and very rewarding school.
I am enrolled for the fall semester at Berklee College of Music and have had nothing but positive experiences so far!
Overall this is a great school. the main thing you can take away from this place, besides the education, is the connections you will make here. you never know who's going to end up becoming who, so it's important to make as many connections as you can while attending school there.
Berklee is located in the back bay neighborhood of the beautiful and historic Boston, Massachusetts. The faculty there is so welcoming, and they genuinely care about you and your musical learning. They are so knowledgeable, and each is a currently active member in the music industry. I loved seeing all the amazing in house studios they had there. The cutting edge advancement of this school simply cannot be beat. Every building is safe and you need an ID to get in. There are constantly Berklee Police officers around which makes you feel very safe. The dorms are top of the line in all honesty. The library has an enormous CD collection, and all sorts of books and music scores for students to check out. The cafeteria in the 160 Mass Ave. building sometimes has live performances... In the cafeteria! All the other students that attend school there are so inspiring and love music just as much as you do. The only thing I would like to see change is the cost of tuition being more affordable.
Berklee College of Music opened my eyes to the intricacies of the music industry and the necessity of old fashioned networking to see your desired progress. Berklee is very much so a school where you get out what you put in. It is entirely possible to do the work, get good grades, and graduate no better off than when you began. But if you connect with other artists, professors, and the like, doors will open. It may not be immediate. But the effort you put in starting on day one will pay off years down the road.
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
It's the Berklee College of Money, over priced and under valued. Has a much better reputation globally than locally. In Boston, people will view you as a sucker for attending because everyone has met the kid drowned in student loan debt that works a mediocre, deadend job waiting to "make it". In reality, I know very few people who didn't lose their passion for music after attending. If you are extremely wealthy or on a presidential scholarship, it's a great school to go to and have fun and learn. If you think for one second you will take out loans and make that money back playing music, you're being naive, mislead and taken advantage of.
It is a great, creative environment that aids you to grow and excel in every area in music. I really enjoy the jam sessions, the gigs, and the studio sessions.
This school is all I could've asked for and more. It's perfect and has such a great atmosphere and I couldn't be happier.