Berklee College of Music Reviews

I'm a student enrolled into Berklee's online bachelor's degree program and it's been so easy to get through. Comprehensive lessons, live instructor feedback sessions, and a good mix of classes to choose from.
Berklee Online is one of the most affordable colleges in the nation. For the education you receive, you get more than any other university and are set on the right path to success as a musician.
Incredibly flexible and Unique experiences you would otherwise not recieve like having a teacher who was also Katy Perry's touring manager WHILE they were on tour! And being online you still skype you have in my opinion more contact with your teachers than I ever did in physical college. As well as just crazy cool courses. I am finishing my third quarter and accumulated 30 credits worth! So an entire year and I still have a quarter to go! incredible
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
I love Berklee College of Music. Any entering student will feel and abundance of support, many of the professors want to see you succeed and provide a lot of guidance for all students. It has a very diverse environment with people from all parts of the world. Berklee has countless clubs, organizations and programs available to the students. The food is really good, and they are open to catering to any eating habits. It is one of the best institutions for music in the world, and many students that value their time at the school end up with successful jobs in the music industry. The best part of Berklee is all the networking opportunities available to the students, just for being Berklee students.
Great for music, not socials. It really depends on what major you are doing. Sometimes you have great teachers. It really depends how lucky you get during your registration period. The facilities and teaching methods are a little old and slow, but once in depth into your major you fly pretty quick.
The best music experience you can get worldwide. Every day you have a new experience . The teachers are the best and studios are awesome.
What I like the most is the cultural diversity I can find in just a small space. Being able to treat, play and talk with other people with different backgrounds as I is an amazing opportunity I'd never thought I would be able to get someday in my life.
Berklee College Of Music is the best college I have ever attended. The professors are very educated and helpful, the materials are tough but I have learned so much and the additional support is exceptional also. I was a transfer student and accepted into their song writing program and throughout my time so far my classes have expanded me into several different directions to enhance my ability for other areas to make money in my field of study. Being able to attend this school online has also given me the flexibility to work and do my homework around my busy schedule.
As a current student at Berklee, I really enjoy the campus, academics, and extreme level of diversity here, in terms of improvement, the food needs improvement, and the elevators in my 15+ floor dorm building would shut down a lot so we had little to no elevator access. Other than that, great school!
The overall experience at Berklee College of Music is very exciting and live. The academic process is engaging and enticing and cannot be matched by any other college of its kind. The professor to student relationship is unique and ideal for a successful experience. One thing I would like to see change in is, the financial help that returning students receive to continue their studies and doing what they love. Whether it be through a program to aid students, or even a raffle provided by the school, anything they may could do to provide the help that so many students need.
I gave this school 4 stars because although the school does provide many opportunities and has great professors the students are very "clique-y". It shows especially in the various showcases I've seen. Many of them have a very similar sound, leaving no room for other performers that bring something different to the table. So, in that aspect, I am disappointed.
I enjoy connecting with the other students and the performance opportunities I had. What can be improved upon are the tiny dorms, sub-par food in the Caf, and some of the teachers who really don't know what they are doing.
The professors are (no joke) the best musicians from the world. The faculty very friendly and the competition is exhilarating! The best school to reach new limits in musicality.
The music scene is Boston is amazing, mostly due to Berklee, and the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. However, Berklee's dorms are pretty gross. They are infested with roaches, rats, goblins and gools, and they cost $20,000 to live in. It honestly doesn't see like Berklee cares about our well being, in terms of how we live. As long as we pay the ridiculously expensive tuition that they recently had the audacity to raise, Berklee just kind of doesn't respond. And the caf food is pretty bad, and it's not the workers fault, they just get pretty weird ingredients to work with. I wouldn't blame anyone if the couldn't make a delicious and nutritious meal out of a brick and a shoe lace.
I love how diverse Berklee is, and I also like how Berklee is in the heart of the city which gives students an easier way to get involved in the community and into Boston's music scene.
I am taking the online school and it has been great at teaching me many different things relating to music, all while being online.
Berklee is a well diverse school. It helps all students with whatever is needed. Shows the way to success in the industry.
Start Your Review of Berklee College of Music
Love the resources and overall environment. Great place to make connections, but some teachers don't sufficiently teach as well as they should.
Berklee is an environment of total musical immersion. Diversity is awesome, it enriches the experience by mixing music and habits from all around the world. Furthermore, return on investment is outstanding due to the fact that the high costs return to the student as excellent safety, great professors and incredible academics. All of that will certainly contribute to even more return after graduation, evolving a good place in the nowadays competitive employment market.
I would like to See a development of Musicology and Ethnomusicology departments in the school. I have had some truly amazing and informed History professors, and I have wound up writing several essays that I would like to submit for conferences or something.