1. New York, NY
  2. 4 Year

Berkeley College - New York Reviews

The College has 2 buildings in New York. One of them I go to take classes. The other building I go for student services. The college has this atmosphere of feeling welcomed. Everyone including staff and students are very kind. They will help you with any need, they are talkative, have a good sense of humor and are generally down to earth people. I usually spend time in the library when waiting for the next class so I can take some time to study. They have up to date computers, it is pretty peaceful there, and they even have study rooms for when you want to study your material in silence. The classes themselves are engaging. You can tell in an instant that the teachers really love to teach. My first teacher in Berkeley taught Marketing. He was fantastic in his lectures. He was funny, and sincere. He knew how to keep our attention and the students were into those lectures. Much can be said about the other teachers I've had.
Berkeley is an okay school academic wise. They offer some great programs although I do feel like there is a gap between some of the classes offered and the majors. A major problem for this campus is the overall campus life. There are no on campus parities or activities that would be appealing for a college student to attend. The campus activities are usually boring and seem to be thought of last minute and unorganized. The kitchens in the dorms can be remodeled and more accommodating being that we don't have a meal plan. I am aware that we have a school basketball team as well as other sports but it is not known well to the student body because in my opinion, there is no school spirit. There is no hype when there are games, matches, scrimmages of any kind because their is no communication about them or any hype to get the students involved and excited.
I love Berkeley in the 3 years I've been at berkeley I've grown as a person. Worked And gained experience while working federal work study. I'm so glad I picked berkeley as my college it was an amazing experience honestly!
The Rigor of the assignments is very low. It's not much of a challenge, its really easy to get a high GPA as long as you complete the assignments. If you're looking to learn and gain valuable experience I wouldn't suggest attending this school
It is too expensive and it takes more than forever to finish. But they have good teachers and very good advisers.
Its a nice College, the professors are helpful and work with you to achieve success. It would be nice to have a cafeteria in the scool for the students & staff.
Being in Fashion Merchandising and Management is really a great experience! the school takes it very seriously and the fashion club is well known. the professors help as much as they can to make the classes, easy and enjoyable
The time i spent at Berkeley college has really been a huge learning experience for me. my GPA rose a full point, i joined the fashion club and volunteered for fashion week through opportunities Berkeley offered! i recommend this school to anyone that is hungry to strive in the fashion industry and move up in your career
Can't wait to transfer to a new school to get a better education and my moneys worth's.
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
There's isn't a lot to do there.
I would not go here if I would do it all over again. That's why I am transferring.
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
You don't get the full education that you pay for.
Its a horrible school. I've been trying to register for the fall semester and neither of the advisements are answering my calls or emails. You don't get your full education that you pay for, the professors always let you out early. There isn't a lot of things to do on the campus. I go to Berkeley College in White Plains and I commute. Its like a community college and that's not what I want my experience to be.
learning something new every class. the fast trach programming allows me toget my degree quicker. great programs.
class sizes are small. professors make it their business to get to know you and help you through anything you may need help with. people are friendly.
Classes schedules were perfect. I am not pretty sure how do they took some of the credits I had, but I only had to do some of the electives classes.
I didn't get there, but as I see they help students find jobs after graduate.
  • College Junior
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
International Business- speaking class, the teacher would bring us his material, but we also had the responsibility to look for the subject on the table.

Computer applications- very patient

Business management- very easy to understand, professors had a lots of patient on explaining every other chapter, we studied a book.

And there are a lots more,and i didn't get to finish my program so can't say much.
Career center was helpful on helping find a job, they actually helped me compose my resume, and then they send to one of the international students career advisor and she sent my email out.
  • College Junior
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
International Business. I specially love my program because I get to see every side of the world, i have the opportunity to see how business trades centers work, learn how the world bank and other institutions that works with international service work. I didn't have the chance to get an internship while studying this program but i imagine if i was because this program has a lot to do with my personality, i'm a multicultural person and studying this program gives me a vision that not only mine socioeconomic, commerce works but others.