Berkeley City College Reviews

I like that the school makes education affordable. You are also more likely to get individual attention from professors due to the small classroom sizes.
It's a great campus with great professors. I would take all my classes there if they were all available. I wish they had more varity when it comes to majors though.
I have had a lot of fun at berkeley city college for the past 2 years. Everyone at berkeley city college is very friendly especially when it comes to helping their students. There are a lot of resources at berkeley city college that college students are fortunate to have.
Start Your Review of Berkeley City College
I've been a student at BCC for over a year, and I appreciate the support from all faculty and staff members I've encountered. There are lots of resources available, and the ability to meet with potential colleges/universities representatives. BCC offers workshops that encourage high education and cultural awareness, which keeps students connected to other communities (as well as their own).
One thing I liked about Berkeley City College was the location it was in, it was about one minute away from public transportation. I also like the teachers that I had most of them seemed to care about the students learning experience. what i did not like was that it was a one building school and did not offer many classes. Another thing I didn't like was the fact that they didn't offer a lot of student activities and food.
Berkeley City College is a very small community college located at Downtown Berkeley. The problem with this college are:
1: Lack of professional resources.
2: Lack of internship.
3: Terrible website.
4: Lack of fitness and health center (this college has no fitness or wellness center).

College is very clean, safe and stable. some of the securities are professional and some of them rude.
It used to be a community college " Vista" college so it's not a new system, but everything seems new in terms of instructors, or professionality of the environment.
What I like most about BCC, the professors and counselors. I feel like they're there to help us no matter the situation; they'll always have a solution for me.
Liked: class sizes, diversity, affordability, convenient location. Did not like: Other students are unmotivated. some teachers are not good and there is not enough oversight to correct problem teachers.
Overall BCC is a great school for those that are looking to stay close to home or even fly across half of the nation to attend. The school offers great financial aid, public transportation is simple and easy. The teachers truly do care about you succeeding in life, the TA's are the exact same way. The housing situation is a hassle, but seeing as you do live in Berkeley it is expected. I personally recommend finding housing outside of the city, yet close enough to BART.
Good value for media classes, small class size, easy to commute, helpful instructors. Friendly community.
3.5
One of 4 Peralta Colleges: Laney, Alameda, Berkeley, Merritt
Great teachers and good preparation for transfer to a four year
Could do more to promote athletics; the only sports team I know of across the four campuses is the women's water polo team.
Berkeley City College is a very good place to study in. It is just a few blocks away from the University of California- Berkeley, so students of Berkeley City College can often go to University of California- Berkeley to hang out and study in the libraries on campus.
This school is very diverse, many different classes, yet the school is built like a tiny high school. Also, they have college hours and club rush to ensure students are active on campus.
I loved this school! It's tiny, but has a great community and wonderful teachers! I enjoyed every day that I went here (and I'm honestly not the biggest fan of school). Not to mention the school is in a great location so if you have a large chunk of time between classes and can't go home, you can always find a way to occupy your time. The only thing that was a hassle was setting your schedule in a way that your classes would not conflict. Some classes are only offered at one time so be mindful of that. Overall this is one of my favorite schools!
Great evironment. Good people. Good teachers. The counselors are very helpful and the student body is very friendly, especially after the front desk!
Great professors, subject of material interesting and kept me engaged. I would suggest they improve the Financial Aid Office, maybe hire someone who can guide students instead of just giving general information.
I take classes in the Multimedia department. My focus is animation and digital art. The teachers at BCC are excellent. I recommend Mary Clarke-Miller who heads up the department for animation. She really cares about the success of her students. Valerie Mih is a great teacher for the technicalities of 3D animation. Pamela Stalker brings a lot of enthusiasm to 2D animation.
Start Your Review of Berkeley City College
I started Berkeley city college in the fall, majoring in art. So far the experience has been acceptable. Nothing extraordinary, professors so far have been a 50/50 chance of good and bad. Rate my professor can’t give you the full expectation of what is to come. There is a lump sum of help from staff but some departments work like small mafias taking control and working together to keep terrible teachers who teach a soggy curriculum. If you can, attend DVC but if not, BCC Is an amenable second choice.
I have yet to attend Berkeley City College but have heard many great things. I like how it is a one building campus, so everything from class to administration is fast & easy to commute to. The campus is just a couple blocks away from UC Berkeley which makes it a very big motivation. Some of the staff I have talked to are very friendly & helpful. People are very welcoming here & kind. Especially some of the professors seem like they are very good at teaching & making sure their students understand the topic. I am very excited to attend Berkeley City College this upcoming fall semester.
Community college is a great experience and stepping stone for individuals pursuing higher education.