1. Berkeley, CA
  2. 2 Year

Berkeley City College Reviews

Berkeley City College is an amazing community college that feels like any other college. Other community colleges lacked this feeling because there really was no "college life". That's very different here. There is a strong sense of community with a focus on education. The diversity on campus is absolutely beautiful. The counselors and professors are really there for you whenever you need them. There are a number of different clubs and groups to get involved with. That surprised me because when I attended other community colleges there were little to no opportunities to get more involved on campus. Berkeley City College is located in the heart of Berkeley. It is surrounded by delicious restaurants. The only thing I would improve on is the size of the campus. I would be awesome if there were more areas to study because the Library fills up pretty quickly.
This a great school especially if you are looking to experience new things and meet different people. The professors support the students greatly and the counselors easily will help you make your transition from high school into college. The only drawback is that we don't have a cafeteria, it is the smallest campus out of all the Peralta colleges, you know? Nearby restaurants can be pricey because of school being located in the heart of downtown and if you're on a budget as well. Definitely if the campus were just a little bit bigger with a cafeteria, it'd be a lot easier for students!
So far its been reasonable, could be easier.
Professors are very interesting as they combine real life experience with their teachings.
It is a community college so networking is not a huge thing just yet, but it does hold alot of possibilities!
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
ive learned alot of applicable things
flexibility between classes and work schedules were fine! i did not have any trouble.
the flexibility of the classes were good, i could easily schedule work and school without a hassle.
my focus is sports marketing and management and i wish more schools offered that setting but most dont. the amount of courses were good though.
my overall experience of the school was great! I loved the people, the teachers and the clubs were also a big part of the fun at the school. the location was amazing, the only thing was the pricing!
  • College Senior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I took the placement test and for it being my first placement test it went pretty well although i placed in the lowest class for english, which i didnt think was right and i ended up being correct. i passed the class with flying colors and ended the semester with a 4.0 GPA, i knew everything in the class already so it was kind of a waste of time and money.
my first semester at BCC was a great one, i made friends very easily and the teachers were wonderful. The classes i feel were actually i think a bit too easy for me but they were great. My professor really cared about my success as well as the other students. The location of BCC I would say is the best thing about the college, its right in the middle of everything and literally a 1 minute walk from the BART station, so there is no excuse for being late to class!
Easy to navigate through, only difficult thing I would say is making sure your exams, written assignments, and final is turned in on time before the system locks you out.
Small campus, 6 floors so not too many opportunities for part-time jobs on campus when compared to other Peralta Colleges.
  • College Junior
  • Value
Great classes and efficiency to help you reach your educational goals fast, but college lacking in basic necessities such as a cafeteria, sports, clubs, and just student life in general. School is get in, get out.
The are an unlimited opportunities in my school
The smoothest process in my college career.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
Easy to transfer my previews college credits
Simple directions and smooth to maneuver around.
The career center has guided me on the right path
  • College Sophomore