Berea College Reviews

Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!! Free tuition!!
Berea is not for the faint of heart. It is very rigorous. Although academics and facilities are wonderful, the school greatly lacks in the area of student safety. There is a serious problem regarding rape on this campus.
Welcome to Berea College. I am an alum of this school. I am tremendously surprised by the overall experience I had while attending this institution. This is one place where it's very difficult to survive academically, financially, and socially. Everyone expects you to be yourself but no one really cares. There is a high tension between student diversity: color students don't hang out with Whites and vice-versa. Professors have no power to regulate their classrooms. Hatred and homophobia are wide opened even though the school has a strong campaign against these forms of occurrences. After graduation, many may feel happy to be debt-free but the anxiety and stress the students experience while they are on this campus may undo the joy of graduating debt free. Overall, I rate this school as average.
Start Your Review of Berea College
The College has done nothing to create an inclusive environment where various thoughts and beliefs are tolerated. The College from the administrators to students has a strong progressive leaning that it does not tolerate other political thoughts and religious beliefs. My friends and I were fiercely attacked by students who disagreed with our political and religious views. It is hard to freely exchange ideas and thoughts at Berea, as most of the progressives only value diversity in terms of skin color, but not thoughts and ideas. Berea is a very difficult place for free-thinkers and anyone who is not a leftist.
Berea College is a pretty and the diversity here makes everything much nicer. The class sizes and the overall college size is small which makes it easier to get one-on-one help from professors.
Everyone at this college truly cares about your success and if they see that you are struggling they will provide any extra attention that you need in order to suceed
Very prestigious institution. Not a party school but you can still have fun. If you get into this school you are a special person.
I love all of the professors I know here. They are always available to help students no matter what trouble students might have. The only thing I do not really enjoy in my college is food from dining services
Caring, engaging professors; beautiful campus in the middle of the quaint town; college community involvement; and no tuition!
I appreciate Berea for giving me an opportunity to higher education at very little cost, and I respect Berea's mission. However, I applied to Berea on a whim, didn't realize that academics here is lousy and is not real learning. Most of the students here only strive hard in their classes for the grade, not the desire to actually learn. While there are a few good professors here, most of the professors received their PhDs from University of Kentucky, EKU, or other second to third tier schools. Classes are extremely boring; I barely learned anything new here despite having excelled in most of my classes. A degree from Berea is not worthy of four years of your life because the average income of Berea grads is around $30,000 or less. Unless you want to have a minimum wage job after graduation, I strongly don't recommend you to apply and attend Berea College. I am transferring after this semester.
Berea College is strenuous but very supportive. They are strict which can be aggravating but there are various helpful resources on campus that well make up for that. From the vast library to the free Campus Counseling, Berea College is a beautiful and structured environment for learning.
Our classes are relatively small and very engaging and interactive .
Our internship center administration provides plenty of information along with our academic advisors of internships best for us.
Berea college administrators make it known that they are there fore their students if they need to report or just talk.
Our dorms are fairly new and come with great amenities.
At Berea college we do not have Greek life at all.
Our sports are only because Berea care more about the students education than sports.
Start Your Review of Berea College
Berea college is amazing and liberating . My school allows for self growth both intellectual and mentally. My school prepares their students for the real world and open the door for new opportunities.
All of the professor care so much about their subject and most are deeply invested in their students. With the exception of GSTR there is only one section of each course offered at a time. The variety is great in some subjects and very poor in others. The classes are really small and involve a lot of interaction and discussions.
Tell any job employer, etc. that you are a Berea student (graduate) they instantly put your worth up a few notches. The Career Center is super helpful from looking to applying and everything in between.