grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B minus
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade C
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade B minus
- Safetygrade B+
Benedictine is a private, Catholic university located in Lisle, Illinois in the Chicago Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 2,131 undergraduate students. The Benedictine acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Nursing, Business Support Services, and Psychology. Graduating 46% of students, Benedictine alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $40,000.
Benedictine University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Will You Get In?
$25,604 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$20,660 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
grade B minus
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 22 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 32 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing100 Graduates
- Business Support Services72 Graduates
- Psychology64 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies62 Graduates
- Biology61 Graduates
- Business53 Graduates
- Accounting29 Graduates
- Finance29 Graduates
- Communications28 Graduates
- Organizational Behavior Studies25 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 11 responses
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 39 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 44 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 22 responses
- High standards but socially isolated23%
- Home away from home5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$49,000 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 19 responses
Colleges like Benedictine University
- grade BNorth Central College
- 4 Year
- Naperville, IL
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 866 reviews
- grade B+University of St. Francis - Illinois
- 4 Year
- Joliet, IL
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 316 reviews
- grade BLewis University
- 4 Year
- Romeoville, IL
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 904 reviews
- grade BCollege of DuPage
- 2 Year
- Glen Ellyn, IL
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 1,569 reviews
Benedictine University Reviews
Rating 3.56 out of 5 458 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really like the school environment beaucse it gives you the college feel without making you feel over whelmed. I personally prefer smaller school environments where I’m able to have class sizes that range from 15-30 people and i enjoy being able to have one on one interaction with my professors. Also i enjoy that they have a cafe that provides Starbucks drinks for students as they are able to enjoy a drink! Some improvements the school can change as a whole i better space for studying areas. There isn’t much space for students to find a quite and spacious area where there able to study. It is pretty limited to kindlon center and if they expanded or created more areas for studying it would benefit the students greatly. Also i believe that they should open more food centers within the school so students are able to pick up snacks or a lunch in between classes. Lastly another improvement they can make is parking. I feel that there is a definite need for more parking spaces.
I love Benedictine University! The neighborhood is nice and quiet. Also downtown Naperville is a couple minutes away with many stores and restaurants. I play lacrosse there and know the athletic department is helpful and friendly to everyone. The campus is small but beautiful with clean, chemical free landscapes and a quad for everyone to use. Some teachers are better than others (like every campus), but it’s easy to learn about each professor through students or even rate my professor.
I love Benedictine! The environment, the classrooms, and student life are amazing. The professors are amazing as well!