Benedictine College Reviews

Benedictine College is a wonderful small college. It has such a strong and great community. The relationship between the professors and students is exceptional. The classes are small so the professor gets to know every student on a personal level.
I Love Benedictine College. There are many positives and negatives throughout the campus but the experience here is unlike any other. There is never a day that goes by, or even really an hour, that you do not see happy people and smiling faces ready to talk. Yes, there are a lot of Friday night Parties. Yes, Whiskey Wednesday's are a thing. The people at Benedictine College though are unbeatable. Anyone that goes here will truly be touched
Benedictine College is a great experience for me. I love the community and faith there. It's a small community, so I get to know people as well as the professors get to know students better. I can ask professors questions and get a lot of help from them. They know our names well, and it truly feels like a family. I have made great friends there who have supported me a lot. And the faith is so strong that I have grown up so much spiritually.
Review Your College
It's good but also small and lacking amenities.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Professors really care about students, and classes are small that there is plenty of one on one opportunities with professors.
It's decent but could be better.
Athletic programs greatly add to the community and the environment of the school but don't provide much excitement and entertainment.
Housing differs from building to building, but overall it is good.
Athletes have a huge role on campus and are just as involved and dedicated as other students. They help the whole school get excited about supporting our teams.
I cannot imagine myself anywhere other than Benedictine College. It is a place that challenges everyone to be the best versions of themselves. We have great school pride, and our community is truly like family.
A liberal arts degree is a good thing to have when looking for jobs because it shows that you are a well rounded individual. Benedictine does have a very good alumni network, with many alumni in high ranking corporate positions in a variety of companies. However, it isn't very easy to find internships or entry level jobs during the school year because Atchison is a small town in the middle of nowhere. It's about a 30-45 minute drive to Kansas City, where there are some prospects, but that isn't an easy commitment to make.
  • Value
The professors at BC are great and they truly care about the education we are receiving. Class sizes are very small and personal, and the professors are very knowledgeable about the subjects they teach.
I feel really safe on campus and I'm fine walking across campus alone at night. There have been a couple lockdowns due to a shooting in town and a threat, but the res life staff did a good job to make sure we were safe, and the issues were resolved quickly.
For the most part you are required to live on campus since we are a residential college. I feel like there are a decent amount of living options available, but only if room draw works in your favor. Some of the buildings are a little old and run down, but nothing you can't live with (except the flooding in first floor McDonald). The sense of community you get from living on campus is great and I would take that over a nice off campus apartment any day (not that they have those in Atchison).
  • Housing
Students are fairly supportive of athletics, but the school makes a much bigger deal of them. I feel like the recruited athletes get a little more special treatment and scholarship money than they should, especially with how small the school is. There is almost a division between some of the athletes and the rest of the students because a few of the athletes are only there because of their scholarships, and not because they are interested in what the school has to offer as a Catholic liberal arts institution.
I love Benedictine! Most of the students, faculty, and staff are very friendly and really care about you as a person. The professors push students to learn and critically think about things.
I would definitely recommend living on campus at least one year for the experience of community, which includes fun, faith, and scholarship. If you're in a nice dorm with a good roommate and most of the other residents are solid, then you will have a good experience. I lived in the dorm last year and it was good because I became independent, was able to participate in the activities sponsored by the Resident Assistants (RAs), and become part of a great community of girls! Now I would like to have my family living close so that I could live with them and commute because I love my family and it would be cheaper. But that not being the case, I'm looking forward to being back in the dorm, building new friendships and enjoying fun, faith, and scholarship with other girls my age. Our RAs were always helpful and cared about us.
  • Housing
Review Your College
I know that athletics is a big part of Benedictine College but I'm not involved in them so I don't have details on the quality of them or the services involved. I do know that our teams are good and we did really well in football and soccer this past school year (2015-16). I do attend the football games regularly and fan support is strong, the students get really excited and cheer strongly. And we pray for our teams while they are away and we do care about how we're doing.
I would rate Benedictine College in Atchison, KS. as a great school because of the experience I've had with my professors and the Catholic opportunities on campus. My professors are always willing and eager to help me if I have a problem and they care about my long-term career goals and offer helpful advice in obtaining them. The best part about Benedictine are the opportunities/means offered to grow in my Catholic Faith. Having a chapel in my dorm where I can stop in and visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament frequently throughout the day is really great, it has really helped me grow in love with Him and strengthened my faith. Also, the multiple opportunities offered to attend Holy Mass is great because it enables me to go every day because I can always work my schedule around a Mass time.
I would say the students careers have gone up there is a lot of students i have meet studying the same thing. There is a lot of alumni who work on campus and are very helpful when you need something. There are lots of ways on campus to intern for jobs at different places out side of college life.
  • 10 months ago