Bemidji State University Reviews

The campus is pretty easy to navigate but parking can be a headache. They sell more permits than spots available so most lots fill up. Street parking can be tough too and you can end up walking over 15 blocks to get to class in 20 below weather. The business school is nice and a lot of the teachers are really laid back and willing to help if you ever have questions.
The class sizes are great, and most professors are very helpful and educated. a great majority make it a point to learn everyone's name. The campus is very beautiful, but in the winter it can be kind of dead. if you love hunting/fishing/hiking/other outdoor activities this is a great campus for that. there are also many clubs to join. Sometimes, however, attendance is low for certain events which makes it seem less exciting. This is a smaller town, that is not very close to bigger cities, so if you are used to that it might be a difficult change.
I love that the University is right on the lake. It's a beautiful campus plus if you don't want to walk outside in the winter you can take the tunnels that they offer.
Start Your Review of Bemidji State University
I love BSU. It was my number one choice for higher education. I love the smaller campus and the feel on campus. The teachers and students are such wonderful people. The campus is on the lake, so football games in the spring and summer months are fun and beautiful.
It doesn’t matter if you’re coming in as a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior – if you’re a transfer student, you are now being treated as being less than freshman. You’ve been in college, you know how things work, and yet your undeniable worth is now being degraded as being that of a newbie who doesn’t know the first thing about what’s going on in college.
If you like the outdoors this is the place for you. The campus is beautiful and people are nice. The ratio of instructors to students is such that you feel that the instructors care about your performance in the class. The online options are also great.
The campus is beautiful. The staff and students overall are nice and really helpful. One of the greatest things are the tunnels that you can take during cold/rainy weather so you hardly have to go outside to get from class to class.
I liked the location of the campus as it is located on Lake Bemidji. I also liked that they offered many different majors and programs to choose from. I would like to see updates made to campus including classrooms and labs.
Bemidji State University is overall a pretty good university. In saying this however, it is way too overpriced for what you get. A lot of updates need to be made to the school in order for the cost to be accurate. The faculty does seem to care about students and one can appreciate that.
I like the professors and how they go out of their way to help the students( at least in the biology department). The diversity of people and activities is lacking and the student life( Greek life) is almost nonexistent. There is nothing that I have observed that unites the students together other than classes. Hopefully next year that changes.
I enjoyed it, but as a grad student it became clear the new director of Grad Studies cares only about numbers and not about the actual students. Joan Miller was a much better director.
Beautiful campus on the lake! Hockey games are fun! Lakeside is wonderful, but the dining food (Wallys) isn't great. Unfortunately there are not alot of good cheap food options in Bemidji itself. There also isn't alot of things to do in the winter on the weekends at night if you are not a huge party goer, but during the day is a perfect time for ice fishing, ice skating and other outdoor activities.
I joined the club rugby team which was a wonderful experience. There are all sorts of activities both on campus and in the local area to go see and do. Very outdoorsy. Lake Bemidji is available for fishing and outdoor recreation all year round. Lots of classes available in the math and science departments if that is what you are looking for.
I love Bemidji State University. It has a beautiful Northern campus for those who love the outdoors or just like a lake view! It has a great atmosphere, everyone is very kind ,helpful and down to earth. The professors I’ve had so far a great and are very easy to work with and helpful!
I love the community. it makes you feel at home. I love the size of the campus its not to big nor to small. the lake is also one of the best parts. the thing I would like to see change is for the school to set up more events for people.
The campus is beautiful and right on the lake. It is basically like my small town at home but with a lot more people around. There's a mall and tons of restaurants in the town. There is so much stuff you can do outside and at the lake. School isn't too bad, the professors are all really helpful. The dorms are super fun, they are small but it's cool because your friends are right next door. The food is pretty good. It can get repetitive but it's a buffet every time. There are a bunch of jobs on campus and intramural sports. The gym is pretty nice; we got new equipment this year! You can walk to all your classes and the tuition is one of the lowest in the state. Overall, I wouldn't have picked a different college.
Being a first year student at Bemidji State University has been very good. The student environment is very welcoming. The staff is great, and the overall set up of campus and classrooms is perfect. I love the Bemidji environment, and the home feeling. The only downfall for Bemidji State is the food. The dining center food is not good at all. Having a meal plan is a waste because you never want to go and use your meals, but other than the food I love Bemidji State University and would recommend it to others.
Start Your Review of Bemidji State University
I have just got accepted and just last Friday filled out my class schedule, I am SOOO EXCITED to become a beaver at BSU!! They help me with anything i have questins with and are always relilable.
My visit to Bemidji State University was amazing. As soon as I stepped on campus I was at home; the students and staff there are all so welcoming and friendly. If you want to go to a smaller college with one of the best environments, in my opinion, then you should take the time to look at Bemidji State.
Things I love about BSU is the whole dynamic and feel of the campus, academic wings and dorm halls. All the academic wings are in one place, most of my classes have lined up between just two buildings which is great. The teachers are amazing and teach very well, whether is be a small 32 student class or lecture hall with 100 plus students. The dorms are nice, decent size rooms and pretty spacious. Its easy to make friends whether it be in classes or in the dorms or just around. Things that could change is the cleanliness of the bathrooms in the dorms, its hard when you share a bathroom with 23 girls and it only gets cleaned once a week. Another thing that would be nice is having more on campus stuff, at the beginning of the year there we dances and stuff going on. Not so much anymore as I am in second semester. BSU is a great school, its right on the lake, full of outdoorsy people.