Bemidji State University Reviews

I have just got accepted and just last Friday filled out my class schedule, I am SOOO EXCITED to become a beaver at BSU!! They help me with anything i have questins with and are always relilable.
My visit to Bemidji State University was amazing. As soon as I stepped on campus I was at home; the students and staff there are all so welcoming and friendly. If you want to go to a smaller college with one of the best environments, in my opinion, then you should take the time to look at Bemidji State.
Things I love about BSU is the whole dynamic and feel of the campus, academic wings and dorm halls. All the academic wings are in one place, most of my classes have lined up between just two buildings which is great. The teachers are amazing and teach very well, whether is be a small 32 student class or lecture hall with 100 plus students. The dorms are nice, decent size rooms and pretty spacious. Its easy to make friends whether it be in classes or in the dorms or just around. Things that could change is the cleanliness of the bathrooms in the dorms, its hard when you share a bathroom with 23 girls and it only gets cleaned once a week. Another thing that would be nice is having more on campus stuff, at the beginning of the year there we dances and stuff going on. Not so much anymore as I am in second semester. BSU is a great school, its right on the lake, full of outdoorsy people.
Review Your College
I really felt welcome and you are in such small classes and groups that if you have a problem you feel like you're able to go to your advisor or some authority figure and talk with them
I'm a freshman at Bemidji State University this year and i have absolutely loved my time here so far. BSU is awesome because of its small class sizes and it's easy to feel like you know a lot of people wherever you go. They are really good about putting together programs to keep you entertained and to help your transition to college life be very smooth.
Great campus and location for those who enjoy the outdoors! Great experience so far, learned lots of things, made amazing friends, and love how close the campus is to the lake.
I would honestly give the instructors a much higher rating, but the financial aid office dropped the rating. They are less than helpful at assisting in finding alternate funding.
I really love this school a lot! wish they did more to lower their rape statistics. They have excellent teachers! They also make you feel very welcome on campus!
I love Bemidji State because of the scenery and the students as well as the professors are all helpful.
What I like about this school is that no matter where you are on the campus, you are always going to be connected to the outdoors. Either just by walking to class, spending time in a study lounge you will always notice the way the school connects with the outdoors. I also enjoy how much the professors want their students to succeed. They are always encouraging their students come to them if they need help or have any questions. You can always find something to major or minor in here and will make it their first priority to get you into the classes you need to succeed and to graduate on time. Overall the school has everything you could ever want to do or learn about and will make it easy for you to get the help you need when you need it.
BSU is a great school. Classes are difficult but Professors try to make even boring information fun. The Campus is beautiful! It is great to sit lakeside working on homework.
I feel there is a lot of opportunities for my course of major.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I haven't started at the University yet, but the community college I went to was profoundly influencing to me. I'd recommend going to a community college prior to a University, since it really sets the foundation in deciding what to do with your life. I feel like a grew up more than if I was to go straight to a University there.
I am still a student here and cannot wait to firther my education with bemidji state. The courses offered are designed to enable you to do a specific job path or career once out of college.
There is possibility of internships and prosperities in any field youre going into here
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I have not yet seen any crime, safety violations, or anything out if the ordinary here
The dorms are the perfect size, depending on how many roommates. Sleeping on loft beds is great to save space but being closer to the ceiling gets a little warm sometimes. The social atmosphere is great, there are common rooms where students can go and relax and hang out
  • 9 months ago
  • Housing
Review Your College
I have no interest in the greek life at bemidji
Currently on the track team and i find that the teammates are very welcoming and inviting to newest athletes. The athletic fscilities are being updated to meet the needs of the athletes who need to gain muscle for their sports.
Being a lover of the outdoors, bemidji has been a wonderful experience because there are so many opportunities to be outside and connect with others who are into the same things as you. There are plenty of things that fit your forte here and the environment is so welcoming and everyone is wanted here. I would choose this school agaon because of my experiences and the way i can easily call it my second home