Beloit College Reviews

The professors were knowledgeable and approachable. It was a very diverse student body, which I enjoyed. It is a small town and I enjoyed it. I would have picked a different major, but that was my decision. Everything about Beloit was good.
Decent academics, bad campus culture, atomized social life, food makes you sick. I think this college could be revitalized by its students but no one is willing to collaborate or mobilize, the administration is noncommunicative and currently gutting the amenities and facilities, constantly building vanity projects (which are conveniently built by a board-member owned construction firm). The food is so bad that you might as well not eat during finals bc you'll get sick and it'll make working harder. This school would work better if it were to just make incremental improvements and attempt to involve the student body.
Pros about Beloit:
Small campus, really get to know people.
Fairly large dorm rooms.
Small classes.

Cons about Beloit:
The city of Beloit is boring, need a car and to drive a while to do anything fun
Because of this most students spend free time drinking or smoking (could be pro...)
The school if having financial issues, laying off teachers and staff
If you're not part of a sport you may feel left out socially
Really really bad food
Expensive school , especially considering location and average income of graduates
Very singular mindset on campus, if you appear to be a little ignorance of anything you may be called not "woke enough" instead of being taught...
Start Your Review of Beloit College
Beloit College is in a really small town where there isn't much to do. Beloit has a somewhat toxic atmosphere where a lot of people are depressed and upset with the administration. Admin often fails to act promptly when it comes to hate crimes, dorm quality and fails to listen to the voice of the students. The food at commons is subpar. If you're looking for a party school this is not it. Beloit is a laid back school. Most parties consist of small kickbacks and occasionally there are greek life parties but they aren't huge.

The only other great thing about Beloit are the professors. With small classes sizes, you get the chance to build a close relationship.

Overall Beloit is the place for you're ok with the following
-Small town's
-PWI
-No school spirit
-Bad food
-C+ party scene
-Ok with the occasional hate crime
-Snow
-Mediocre athletics
-Small greek presence
My experience at Beloit College was Amazing. I was able to double major in two unreladed fields, as well as play a varsity sport. My only regret, not having gotten involved more on campus.
Beloit College has been a great experience so far. The school itself is small and comfortable for me personally, there is not much around it. Teacher's are very helpful and do they're best to help as best as they can. Social setting is very nice as well people associating with each other, nonjudgmental, and friendly.
Beloit College can be described as a primarily white institution. The admissions office is the nicest building on campus by far and the dining halls have rats in them. There are mold in the dorms and hate crimes every semester, but the academics are incredible. The professors give 100% every day and the classes are great. The students are often not, and the social scene is lacking. Many students develop substance abuse issues here. The cost of Beloit does not even out in terms of benefits. Save your money, don't come to a school like this one.
Beloit loves independent thinkers and independent doers. If you are independent, or wish to become independent, this is the place for you.
We visited Beloit on a Open House Saturday and came away very impressed. The campus is pretty, the plans for the new student center look incredible, and our tour guide was straightforward and encouraging. My daughter is a vegan and was very pleasantly surprised by the number of tasty and healthful options in the dining hall. We talked to an absolutely lovely, thoughtful, and engaging student who was not part of the admission team to get her take on the school. She said that she had been completely transformed by her experience there--that she has turned into a person who loves to learn. Before Beloit, she was only interested in taking classes as a means of getting to the next step.
Life-changing experience. Beloit taught me to think critically, helped me find my passion, and supported my academic and career trajectory. I'm still good buddies with all my favorite professors. After graduating from Beloit I got graduate school offers from every school I applied to, including Harvard and Oxford.
I love the vibe! From the moment I stepped on to campus I felt at home. It's a very inclusive, it's interactive and it gives you the tools you need to succeed.
Small classes make the learning environment easier. Small classses allow for a good relationship with professors and classmates.
I just got accepted to Beloit College in December, and it is one of my top choices as of now. As far as I have researched, Beloit looks really nice and small, which is the setting I like a lot. I would rather be in a small setting where I can receive much more help from the professors rather than being 1 out of 400 students in the classroom.
Beloit is a place for the individual, it's full of interesting, quirky people with a lot of interesting ideas and the faculty help to facilitate that. It is in a small town so that vibe can throw people off if that's not your thing, but if that's not a problem and you want to be somewhere with excellent people and an even more excellent faculty then Beloit is an excellent choice. beware the administration though, they can be frustrating at best to deal with.
I am friends with the majority of people on campus and I love them all. It is definitely the people who I enjoy the most on campus they make it all worth it.
Beloit College is a place where your professors know you and care about you as more than just a student, and I love that. I love the small class sizes as well. Lots of discussion based classes, which is great, but I do feel that professors tend to rely to heavily on them. The community is close, but can be unforgiving.
i am very interested in attending Beloit and have only heard that it is an amazing school. cannot wait to be enrolled as the school has an amazing scenery.
Start Your Review of Beloit College
I love Beloit, I would never dream of attending another school. However, the food in commons is awful and there has been way too little accountability for rapists and people who commit hate crimes.
I really like Beloit's Criminal Justice program. The teachers are really helpful and the football coaches are on there game.
Not only is Beloit a beautiful campus, but it has amazing teachers that both challenge and care about their students. The majority of professors go by their first names in the classrooms and it helps to create an informal, comfortable atmosphere. I am proud and happy to be able to attend this incredible liberal arts college.