Belmont University Reviews

1,510 reviews
Belmont is one of the best schools in Tennessee. It provides several opportunities that allow students to grow and connect with possible career options. Belmont's location in Nashville allows for adventuring and interesting showings. There is always something to do and the food choices outside the cafe are diverse as well.
Everything is perfect a this university. I have no complaints about it and have nothing I would like to see change. I would like to see a larger weight room, but other than that it is wonderful.
Very expensive. Classes are good and good professors. Not much bang for your buck. Belmont has a gorgeous campus and in a great spot in Nashville. However the quality of service, food, and campus life was very average. There are a lot of other students who agree. With the amount we pay in tuition we should get much more.
Start Your Review of Belmont University
Belmont University is incredible. The relationship with the professors and the connections you can make here are unreplaceable. The campus is fairly safe and conveniently located in Nashville. The parties are pretty wicked once you can get in and the compass life has the option of being religious or not. The theater is incredible as well.
I loved the diversity at Belmont. Diversity in race, but also just in people and their interests. The school has a loving atmosphere that is accepting of everyone.
Everyone is incredible. The students and faculty alike are extremely caring and supportive. The teachers truly care about each student and they are always willing to work with them to provide the best education possible. The encamps environment is perfect for promoting education and providing a peaceful and relaxing location to be after class.
I LOVE this school and the people I have met there. I am constantly surrounded by students and teachers that are so passionate about the work they are doing and it is just an inspiring environment to be in.
I love the open atmosphere and the caring professors. No matter how you're struggling, your professors and fellow students really want you to succeed. Belmont is a great learning environment and has unlimited amounts of student opportunities. The surrounding Nashville area is great for going out on the weekends and campus is so close to so many amazing places (especially music row!).
This school has exceeded expectations at every corner. Value for the money spent is exceptional. Students are happy here and Nashville is amazing. Opportunities are at every turn and Belmont faculty help students take advantage of those opportunities.
Great school if you are studying anything related to music or the music industry. The potential for networking is unrivaled.
Belmont University has been a great place to grow and develop, both as a student and as a productive member of society. Being in Nashville means that life as a young adult is exciting and entertaining 100% of the time, but it also allows for a lot of incredible business and industry opportunities that you couldn't find anywhere else. Belmont is very keen on connecting its students with employers and industry opportunities, no matter if you're majoring in anything from business to music to nursing to law. One of the best academic perks at Belmont is their consistent use of adjunct professors. By having people teach on campus while still working in their career field only serves to further improve the student's experiences and give them current/relevant industry knowledge every day in class.
The professors for the most part are great and kind, however, the academics are average (my freshman year was comparable academically to my freshman year of high school), the students are generally bitter about the administrations attitude and priorities, the dorms are average, the diversity is lacking, the food choices are sub-par and the cafeteria frequently gives students food poisoning, there are strict rules enforced by peer-aged RAs in the dorms that are blown out of proportion by students, the security officers are either kind and eat with you in the caf or are highly rude to you on the grounds, registration always crashes the servers and once you’re an upperclassman over half your friends start dropping out because they can’t get the classes they need (truth. see the transfer rate). General consesus among students is that they’d love to love the school and be proud of their university, but the flaws and insane cost prevent it.
My favorite thing about Belmont is its academics. I have met great professors. The class sizes are great; some are even smaller than classes I had in high school. However, since the school is so small and so concentrated with music students, I feel like I am not getting the entire college experience.
Belmont is the most beautiful campus that I have ever stepped foot on. I flew out over Fall Break to Tennessee with my mom to check out a couple of schools, and none could compare to Belmont. We joked that it was almost as if it had this halo above it. Everyone there was super friendly and helpful. The only problem is the expense and minimal scholarships that are handed out to students.
Belmont has a lot to offer it's students as far as programs, campus life, and amenities. However, I feel that they can better prepare their students by catering to individual student career path advising.
I love going to Belmont. I am a performance student, and the staff and students in the theatre program are incredible, talented, and supportive. Going to Belmont has definitely made me more well-rounded and given me a lot of perspective. The only critique I have of Belmont is it's lack of diversity, both racially and religiously.
Belmont is a great school! I am here for songwriting and it definitely sets you up with connections and opportunities that you cannot get anywhere else. However, it is very expensive. They give minimal scholarships and really like taking your money. I'm not kidding. I am a transfer student with a good GPA and I received no aid.
Start Your Review of Belmont University
I recently transferred into Belmont, and I absolutely love it. Whether the individual you are speaking with is a student, professor, or other staff member, everybody is kind, happy to see you, and willing to help. One of my favorite things is their emphasis on "ways of knowing"; that is, being able to take an idea or concept from one area and be able to apply it elsewhere in an entirely different way. Well worth the investment!
In my academic career, I have attended a public university, a public community college, and Belmont. Despite the tuition cost, I have received a return on my investment to which I cannot place a dollar amount. The experience has been invaluable.
Belmont is a great university. Belmont provides it students with the best campus and best teachers possible, in order to facilitate the best learning environment. There are no negative draw backs to attending Belmont University.