Belmont Abbey College Reviews

My experience is with the evening program, majority of professors have other day time jobs (not real professors) poor academics.
The college is catholic but it doesn’t mean that the faculty is or that they represent those values. In years, I have not experience those values from the faculty staff. “With the exception of the Theology instructors”, other than that I mean just “business” to them.
The Monks don’t run the college or the Theology professors because you will then truly live the mission statement. The school promises to you at the time of enrollment and during your firs year, doesn’t exist after you have enrolled. The choices for classes are one, two or none, I was forced to be flexible with them, when they offered flexibility. When I encounter a problem caused by the school, there is no accountability, it becomes my problem. If I were to do it again I will not chose this school to invest.
The good: I enjoyed the Theology professors...
I am an athlete and member of the Honors College. So far, my experience hasn't been that great. Athletes make up about 50-60% of the student population because every sport has a varsity and a JV team. *MAJOR WARNING* the athletic department supposedly won't release transferring athletes to play sports at their new school, so be wary of that.
Pros:
-small classes and personable professors
-Charlotte is nearby with lots of things to do
-potential to meet lifelong friends
Cons:
-hardly any funding so many of the buildings are rundown and the resources are outdated
-drama runs rampant, especially on the sports teams
-student body consists of 2 extremes: either Catholic homeschoolers or partying athletes. It's a combination that doesn't really work, and it's nearly impossible for them to coexist peacefully
-doesn't have name recognition or prestige of any sort
-a feeling of confinement can easily arise, especially if you don't have a car
What I like about Belmont Abbey College is their Adult Degree Program. At the time I enrolled the schedule and classes were ready available. Over the course of a year the classes are getting harder to come by and high turn over on teachers.
Start Your Review of Belmont Abbey College
I love the small class sizes and individualized attention from professors who are experts in their field and truly dedicated to the success of the student. The campus is beautiful and perfectly located for all the entertainment and employ opportunities a college student needs in order to find his niche.
A HONEST OPINION AND FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING HERE
Part 2
Also there are no parties and if you drink in your dorm the RA's will write you up. It's not really a college experience and the women are kinda stuck up and think they are too good so they aren't fun at all. Although I have had some good times with the boys it's hard to do because how strict they are. As far as sports go the trainers are awful and are not helpful at all, they treat you like crap when you ask for help. Also this school makes you hate your own sport which sucks because I didn't even know that was possible. I'm being completely honest and not exaggerating, I'm a normal kid and I'm telling you if you wanna hate your life come here but if you don't go somewhere else. Even limestone(our rivals) is better than here!
A HONEST OPINION AND FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING HERE
Part 1
The school is pretty religious. You have to take a bunch of pointless classes as a freshmen and even if you decide to transfer after your freshmen year none of your credits transfer to other school so you basically have to start all over. The cafe is awful and it's a very boring school. It is also having accreditation problems and is on probation. You can look that up if you type in Belmont abbey probation on google, first thing that pops up.
Belmont Abbey College is my home away from home. The professors and all staff on campus work so hard to make this place like no other. Belmont Abbey is the place to be and I cannot wait to spend the next three and a half years here! #RaiseTheRed!
I am a freshman wrestler at this school and so far it is average school. You would like this school if you are just an normal student, but if you want big sport games, nice party's, and a huge fun student life the Abbey might not be for you. On the good side this is a very peaceful and safe place. You will also see monks walking around on campus, also the teachers are very nice.
During my years at the Abbey, I have grown in my academics. I share a love of learning with my peers. The Professors greatly impact our appreciate for the subjects. You can tell that the professors truly love what they teach, and care for their students' success.
Belmont Abbey have a very unique campus and I really liked their campus religion affiliation, i loved the monuments that were in the school as well at the chapel.
Belmont Abbey is a small community where everyone has a purpose! You are not just a number, you are a person with a name. The faculty and staff truly care about the success and well-being of each student. The student involvement here on campus is also really great, there's usually a lot going on all the time. Also, with being so close to Charlotte, you can always go explore the big city that's right in our backyard.
I really enjoyed the campus. It is very small and has a lot of character. It is kept up with well and the maintenance is very neat. The people who work there are like no other, they always have a smile on their faces and are willing to help.
Belmont Abbey felt like home from the first time I set foot on campus my junior year of high school. It's a very Catholic school that adheres to the church teachings. Even though it is a Catholic campus, Belmont Abbey is very welcoming to everyone. It's really easy to make friends on such a small campus and you get back what you put in. There are ways to socialize and meet new people almost every night but if you don't go you'll never make friends. Many of the professors are amazing and care not only about your academics but your whole life. Everyone here is apart of a massive family and it's amazing. If you're wondering about the food on campus it's not the worst, it's proabably to the better end of food you'll find on a college campus. If there is one thing I recommend it's bringing a car if possible, it can be a little tedious being stuck on campus. Overall Belmont Abbey has been an amazing experience for me and I am loving every minute of it!
I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for my undergraduate degree! Everyone here is so friendly and kind. I love the fact that when you walk to class you see friendly faces. Here, you are not just a number. You are a person with a name. The professors actually care about you. I love that there are monks actually living on campus. I love how everyone is involved in everything. I genuinely love this place and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
During my time here at the Abbey, it has truly been remarkable. The college really does live up to it's motto: In all things God may be Glorified. The college also lives up to the vision by fulfilling the mind, spirit and body of the student by making them better people in life through excellence and virtue. The college has lived up to the vision by having excellent: athletics, and professors. Did I mention we have small class sizes? The professors really do care about you. We also have a great Student Life. They are responsible for all activities that happen on campus. They also coordinate activities that are off campus as the college is located just 5 minutes from Charlotte.
I love the academics in this school because the professors really care about you and also your peers in the classroom are very helpful and friendly. I am involve with so many activities in the school. it gives me an opportunity to meet new people everyday and able to get to know them. It is a small campus, but at the same time it is really nice to know everyone on campus. The campus is close to Downtown Charlotte, I spend my free time in that area with my friends to go on the plays, eat at the local restaurants and coffee places and just be adventurous. I love the school immensely because the people are just friendly and it is definitely my 2nd home. #abbeyislife.
I am a sophomore at the Abbey and I could not be happier with my experience here! The classes are interesting and the teachers really care about each student. Very happy with my college choice!
Start Your Review of Belmont Abbey College
You can have a great experience at the Abbey. The best thing about Belmont abbey is its central location and beautiful campus. And if you are going into biology this school has a top program.
The little time I have spent at this college has been amazing. Every single class is extremely engaging. And all the professors are here to serve and help you to truly learn and understand yourself and the work. One of the perks of the Abbey is the great community within it. One of my personal favorite things about the Abbey is that it is directly connected with the monastery on campus. Any time you can just walk up to a monk and have an insightful talk.
I love all the varied opportuinties to get involved in campus life. I needed an atmosphere of a small Catholic school that challenges me to become the best version of myself. I feel at home though I am ten hours away from my parents. I definitely look forward to coming back after each break.