Baylor University Reviews

3,755 reviews
Amazing professors, campus, and opportunities! Whether academically, socially, or otherwise, Baylor provides ample chances to thrive and grow as an individual, a student, and a citizen.
Baylor is an amazing school with a beautiful campus and great athletic programs. I really enjoyed the housing and food on campus. The environment is very welcoming and I would love to come back as soon as possible!
Despite all of the turmoil on campus the students seem to be the schools number one priority. Even though they have lost popularity in the football team they kept their heads held high and keep pushing with the academics. I like the school because some of the staff are truly caring a really look out for the students to make sure we are getting everything we need to succeed. Some speak to you as if you were their own child. Stern and caring all at the same time. As my mothers only child the school made my mother feel very comfortable leaving me there.
Review Baylor University
I love how small Baylor feels, without actually being very small at all. Class sizes aren't overwhelming, and you get the chance to really know your professors. I got a RA position from getting good grades in one of my intro classes, which just shows how attentive the professors are to their students. Baylor also has a lot of incredible study abroad options. You can go with Baylor students to a bunch of different places over the summer, they have semester programs, and they also have partnership programs in New York, for fashion design students, and one in D.C. for Political Science students (I'm doing that one next semester!) Another really important part is that I always feel safe when I'm on campus, even when I'm walking alone in the dark. They also have a golf cart service that will pick you up after sunset at the library or anywhere else on campus, and take you home if you feel unsafe.
Great place. Truly committed to their Christian values & the professors are very caring. I got sick early in my freshman year and while in the hospital I received calls and messages from both professors and students.
Baylor has been a great school for me. Very friendly professors who will challenge you but are quick to help if you ask.
Awesome supportive faculty and staff. Centrally located near many things to do off campus. School spirit and vibe is positive and like a big family.
The education is great, but the only drawback so far is the athletic scandalls currently going on. If enrolling to baylor, Line camp is a must! line camp starts you off right and gets you connected with some great people to begin with. It also provides you with something to do during the summer if you cant find anything to do that is. Meeting new people at baylor was perhaps the easiest thing. everyone is very friendly and they accomodate for any differences and accept you for who you are.
Baylor University has been a fun college experience for me. I met great people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life, the activities on campus are fun to attend. I love the start of the new semesters when I get to meet my new professors and new people. I have love all my classes except physics but my professor made it better. I went to Baylor wanting to be a lawyer but I wasn't happy so I switched to Biology to become a veterinarian and it was the best decision I ever made. I would definitely go to Baylor again if I had to do it all over again.
Baylor University is a friendly campus where you can make friends around every corner because students, faculty, and staff are interactive and easy to approach. What could change about campus is the number of student activities available year-round instead of only having the bulk of them available for freshmen and during the August and September.
From my past experience at Baylor, I have gained an immense amount of knowledge. The things that Baylor offers are wonderful. The people that I have come by are wonderful and friendly. The professors are more than open to helping you in your studies. I would like to see Baylor improve in diversity and areas as such.
My overall experience with Baylor University is outstanding. It is a inviting campus with many different types of people. It is a a safe environment and you can truly be yourself at Baylor. There's many different activities, clubs, greek life, and job opportunities. Waco is a great town to be in and provides many experiences that you can't get anywhere else.
I have really enjoyed attending Baylor. Every professor I've had has been very willing to work with students outside of class. The campus is also amazing and there are plenty of places to study and always fun stuff to do around campus.
Incredible atmosphere overall. Rigorous courses that prepare you for what you are going to experience in the real world. Some dining halls and dorms could use a little updating, but overall very positive experience!
Although I was at first skeptical attending a baptist university, Baylor welcomed me with open arms and an open heart. The students, faculty, administrators, and everyone around wanted to see every individual thrive, which is uncommon especially at a large university. Although the city of Waco is not too entertaining, there are a lot of activities on campus (organizational groups, sororities/fraternities, philanthropic groups) that any student can apply to be a part of. Baylor is the place for me!
Helpfulness at every turn. At orientation and line camp they provided an easy and supportive experience. I had few questions because they anticipated what I needed to know so well.
Baylor University, overall, is an average university to stay. Although some professors are great, there are certain professors are terrible. They do not know how to teach. Besides, the opportunity Baylor gives is rare. Not many labs do offer positions for undergraduate. There are so many students but there are only a few labs.
Review Baylor University
I really love the size and the feel of the campus. I have also enjoyed staying on campus in the dorms. I really wish, though, that the tuition was not so high or that there were more ways to earn scholarships.
If you don't make a group of friends quickly, your chance of making friends within your first year is slim to none. Everyone is extremely (emphasis on extremely) cliquey (extra emphasis on cliquey). Not diverse in terms of political beliefs, race, culture, etc. 95% of the student body here are cookie cutter sheltered private-school rich kids who suddenly want to go buck wild at the first scent of freedom. Parties are boring and sweaty. Tons of people drink regularly, especially frat/sorority typical dorms. The dating scene is either super intense with people getting engaged in 2 months or people who just want to fool around for a few years before the sobering reality of adulthood hits them. Lastly, the Title XI policy here is a complete joke- they don't care if you're sexually assaulted, they care about paying it off and covering it up as quickly as possible. If you're going to have to spend money on any college, don't waste it on this one. There are so many better colleges out there.
As a non-traditional student at Baylor, my first year at Baylor exceeded my expectations. The professors are genuinely interested in each of their students and make even a class of 250 feel like a class of 25. Most classes are between 15-30 students, and the profs are there to help you succeed. The Campus is amazing and the school promotes and encourages student involvement in the community and provides opportunities to get involved. The weather is amazing and the cost of living is low. Student housing is plentiful and job opportunities abound. There are extracurricular student groups to help students create life-long friendships and business connections. Baylor's research emphasis and anti-plagiarism requirements deliver top-notch graduates and many of the majors have a job-placement department, virtually ensuring employment upon graduation. This is simply a top-notch school, with scholarship opportunities available.