1. Escanaba, MI
  2. 2 Year

Bay de Noc Community College Reviews

A few of the arts programs where cut during cutbacks, they are trying to restore the theatre, I however do not see it working out. They also now have a sports team that I feel is not needed. However their faculty is outstanding! And their facility is always expanding and being made better and more accessible to students! Also, as long a's you at end the school you get free passes to the YMCA!
If I were to rate the Nursing Department at Bay College I would only give one star. It has got to be the most unorganized, staff oriented program. There is very minimal resorces to help students in need. Since switching to the new program they have just changed the name of three courses which cost some students close to three grand extra for classes they have already taken. And they required you to buy a book package and stated it would be all you needed for the reminder of the program and now for the next class here we are buying new books and an additional Sims charting! Go somewhere else if you want your nursing license!
Lovely college with amazing teachers and a beautiful campus. This year is my first year at bay and the staff made it a very easy transition from high school to college. I didn't have any problems picking out classes or with financial aid, and so far college has been a breeze. I cant wait to start picking out my classes for my second semester. I have already had some tutoring as well which was great and i had a lovely tutor. I am also in SI math which has been such a big help.
Review Your College
I received a great education at this school. However, the schools priorities in their spending needs to be changed so that it actually benefits students.
My overall experience at this school so far has been okay. It pretty much revolves around technology and sometimes that can be frustrating but for the most part it is a good college.
When I started my first day at my community college, i was nervous and scared. While trying to find my classes all the professors were nice and welcome myself to the college. If you needed help outside of class, they would give you their number or email. Or if you needed more help with the class, they would help you find a tutor.
I have three jobs and a full work load, 14 credits and I am able to work with it with ease. The college is able to work around my schedule and that relieves a lot of stress off my shoulders.
I personally am not a fan of online classes but the way Bay offers them, makes it seem like a breeze for me. I love how understandable and accessible the courses are. I would recommend their online classes
You will have to transfer to a different school for a degree higher than associates, but there are many many degrees for associates and certificates for all of the majors they offer
  • Feb 1 2016
  • Value
There are tack boards in all parts of the school with job openings, which is helpful if you don't know where to start. Also different transfer advisors come and you are able to go and talk to them, which is helpful.
  • Feb 1 2016
  • Value
The professors are there for you, as a person. You are able to go talk to them one on one if needed. The class size is about 30 or less. They offer a great variety of classes with lots of electives to choose from. You want to learn Spanish. French, or German, you are able to do that.
the program is great and is just what I needed. It helped me discover what I really wanted to do in life and taught me valuable lessons about myself and helped further my education greatly for the future
I love Bay College. I wish it offered higher education, because the staff and professors are all very helpful and supportive. they do collaborate with other schools, to help you make the step from Community college to a university or trade school
I have not graduated yet, but will be this fall and all of my credits will transfer.
Starting a new online class takes about a week to get used to, but once you get in the swing of things it is easy to navigate and clear to see what assignments are due and when.
Once I earn my degree I have been insured to find a job.
  • Jan 27 2016
  • Value
Every class I have taken has furthered my education toward my degree.
  • Jan 27 2016
Review Your College
The professors are always willing to help and teach me so many new things.
Limited on teachers, there aren't a whole lot of classes to offer.
Mid Peninsula, being a smaller school, offers one on one help.