Bates College Reviews

I think that Bates gives students the freedom to be whatever they want to be, so long as they work hard to become whatever that is. They've always stood by that creed. The food is amazing, and so are campus culture and the studies. The one downside is probably Maine's sketchiest city surrounding the campus, but Lewiston's not actually that bad compared to the image it has throughout the rest of the state. Bates undergrad is still comparable to that of Bowdoin, Colby, and the rest of the NESCAC schools, despite its relatively low endowment (around 1/3 of Colby's and 1/5 of Bowdoin's).
I am beyond happy with my experience at Bates. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and welcoming environment. Really one of the only things that I've found a little difficult are the academic requirements because they have limited my course selection due to lack of room.
The campus and the college itself are great, other than the lack of diversity. However, the location isn't prime, as there's no much to do outside the campus community, unless you have a car and are able to drive to other places. Also, it's Maine so the winters can be very long, cold, and gloomy. But, you already knew that because it's Maine!
Review Bates College
The campus is beautiful. The food is surprisingly diverse and not bad for a small school, especially the cool vegan bar. The classes and the professors are amazing and very helpful.
I love the mix of people here. There are outdoorsy types, hipsters, nerds, jocks, preppies, and everyone in between. I have met a lot of really nice international students, and students from all over the US. People are friendly and they care about their work, both professors and students. I like being around people are serious about getting an education, but who also want to have fun. No one is pretentious. There are so many talented people too, really good musicians and artists. This school does a great job of having a good mix of people.
Bates College is one of my favorite places in the world. Everything from the beautiful campus to the wonderful academics to the amazingly inclusive and tight knit student body. The professors are really engaged in their subjects and will do their best to make every student as successful as possible. The administration tries to work with the students and act on things that will benefit everyone at Bates and everyone coming in the future. Students are engaged about learning, and are also involved in clubs and committees, a capella groups and sports teams. The community environment at Bates is second to none. As a student at Bates, you always feel like you have a family and are included in everything they do.
I have had a wonderful experience at Bates. I have found that classes are engaging, professors and classmates are passionate and welcoming, and the community at Bates is endlessly warm and inclusive.
The community is one of the absolute best things about Bates. Because the student body is so small, everyone on campus can grow together as a whole family, without ever having to worry too extensively about exclusive groups or social cliques. Bates also does a great job of attracting friendly and passionate individuals, which fosters a climate of communal pushes for academic success and achievement across campus. Also, the food is fantastic!!
The best part about Bates is the tight-knit society that it promotes. Throughout the semester there are a lot of events that encourages students to get out of their comfort zone and try something new. The one thing about Bates can improve on is increasing diversity amongst student population. Although in the past three years they have increased diversity, but there are still room for improvement.
Bates College has been extremely fulfilling for me academically. I feel deeply connected to my professors and I cherish the unique intellectual opportunities that you can't find at many other undergraduate institutions. For instance, as a junior in college, I am going to be published in my professor's book about U.S. public education and the Somali refugee student population.
Bates is overall a great place to attend college. It has many of the quintessential aspects of a liberal arts school-a politically and socially engaged student body, excellent faculty who are willing to help out with anything you need, and small classes. Lewiston is given a worse rap than it should have, given the number of awesome volunteer opportunities available and restaurants nearby. On campus, the food at Bates is awesome, and definitely better than Bowdoin's despite their better rankings.
My main complaint is about social life. While Bates does a great job of getting students involved on campus during the week, the school doesn't have enough events for the student body to attend on the weekends. There are a few awesome dances, and a great formal, but I feel that there could be more. Additionally, security is abound and shuts down student parties pretty immediately.
I love Bates. This is a great place with phenomenal teachers and a wonderful community of students. The fact that we only have one dining hall also adds to the familial feeling that I have being here. Every night is family dinner!
Everything is very accessible and easy to find. The scholarships that niche provides are great as well.
The professors are all really nice and offer their help all the time. The material is difficult but there are a lot of opportunities to receive help.
Got in a brand new dorm which is really nice. The other dorms are alright and I wouldn't mind living in any of them.
All sports teams are cool and don't only hong with each other.
I'm having a lot of fun here. The people are great and everyone is really friendly. I am able to do all my work and have a GREAT time on weekends.
Review Bates College
Parties are moderate and social. Nothing extreme.
Healthy levels of partying. Nothing extreme.
Workload is heavy and starts right away. Professors are great and easy to see. Help in the labs is really great, especially the writing lab and math lab.