From its inception in 1855, Bates has recruited students without regard to race, religion, national origin, or sex. Our founders firmly believed, as we do today, that not only should a Bates education be open to all, but that it is bettered by this openness. Diversity and inclusion — of thought, background, and experience — isn't optional or aspirational here. It's vital.
We have tough conversations in tough climates because that's what makes Bates, and our students, better. It's what makes Bates a college for the coming times and a college that prepares you for the coming times, too.
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.27 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.33 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.14 responses
Bates College Reviews
The surrounding area is a little rough and it can be hard to find things to do unless you really seek them out. There are a few really good places like Forage Market and Fuel and some other hidden gems around. There are quite a few good hikes around the area, usually an hour away or so. It's really nice to have a car on campus although parking is tight.
Bates is a really great place that does have its downsides as well, like all colleges. It is really what you make of it; who you spend time with and what you choose to get involved in!