Barton County Community College Reviews

Love my college so far, not a whole lot to do as far as the town goes, but still a good time. Barton should be less strict on visitor rules.
So far Barton has been a good experience for me all the staff is very nice and welcoming. When first arriving at Barton people and teachers helped me find my classes and other places I might need to go. The only complaint I have was in my college algebra it was way harder than it should have been, I spent up to 6 hours studying for this class everyday and only maintained at low D until the final. Over all the college is a good place to learn and take care of business.
Flexibility of classes was hard for me only because I'm a student athlete, but even then I only had a few times where practices would run into a lab or class. I personally have not had trouble transferring credits, but i do know some friends that had trouble transferring community college credits to a university.
Review Your College
I have only taken one online course here at Barton, but it was a great experience for me and i felt that it was very easy to understand although we didn't have a hands on professor with us at all times.
Not all classes will transfer from a community college, so before hand just be sure to talk to your advisor about that and you should be good to go.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Every professor that I've had at this school has been helpful to me in so many ways. They have never acted lazy towards my learning and have always answered my questions until i understood the material. There are classes here for any career choice that you are wishing to fall into. Class sizes are not large so your professors have the time to help you out one on one.
Student jobs are available all over campus. You also have many clubs that you can join and different activities throughout the year.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Academically I struggled my first semester a little bit, but after getting into the groove you start to realize that the teachers are more on your side than you first think. These professors help you broaden your spectrum and are there for you when you need a helping hand. They are understanding and are good about answering any questions you have.
Keeping in mind that this is a community college, it allows you to become that much closer to your desired goal. This school acts almost as a step stool into the right direction. This school will be where you start the beginning of your dreams if you wish to continue on with school after these two years. I would recommend this community college over any other community college in Kansas.
Really easy and helpful in order for students to succeed in all aspects of their lives
Being a juco it mostly focuses on getting you to a university rather than your final and end days getting ready for the work force
  • Value
Most of my professors seemed very educated and someone to look up to and very helpful.
It has a fair amount of career prospects
  • Value
Some better than others but overall not bad
I love staying close to home, it is a great place to start out and prepare you for a university and very friendly atmosphere.
They are great with placement tests
Some work in class and some on line.
Review Your College
Starting here and planning to transfer
  • Value
Taking my first on campus course this summer
Took classes in high school