Barstow Community College Reviews

Barstow College is doing an excellent job of ensuring that student enrollment rises and that they graduate through the helpful resources that the college offers.
Great college with an awesome satellite campus that’s located on ft Irwin. The staff is awesome and the counselors go the extra mile to help the students out.
Ive only taken online course here. They are very easy to get into. No waiting list. Most instructors are clear about the rule brick and what is required in order to pass the class. I would highly recommend this college for those seeking a higher education. Those who have children and aren't able to leave the house for class. Only required to attend the school once for your final. Unless you can find a college nearby that will sign the proctor form.
Start Your Review of Barstow Community College
My experience with Barstow Community College was good. The professor are always open to help you during office hours. I spent most of my time in the tutoring services and the transfer center. Everyone is very friendly and you will definitely succeed in everything you do.
i love the scenery. beautiful mountain views. and you cant beat the sunset and sunrises. love the greenery and the landscaping.
I originally was Chicago, Illinois and I transitioned to this 2 year community College. It was a total environmental change for me. I was used to being amongst a group of people. Barstow Community college is a very quiet campus. There is a seldom amount of people that attend but everyone their is really nice and willing to help students succeed in whatever endeavors they choose. I'm giving this five stars only because of encountering on of the best counselors there Mrs. Rodriguez.
I love the location of the school and that the campus is well-kept. The professors are nice for the most part and the campus is not too full. It's a really comfortable school to attend to reach your academic goals.
The student services were excellent. The staff is very accommodating and helpful to their students, and the location on campus for all these services are a one-stop experience, which is very convenient when you aren't familiar with the campus. I would have liked being able to face time my class in discussions and for mid-term and final testing, instead of driving 100 miles to take these necessary tests.
Barstow community college was the beat choice I could make. I hace been getting help with classes, getting school supplies, doing workshops that help me with my experiences, and the teacher and staff are very respectful, helpful, and are an amazing role model.
My experience at this college has many ups and few downs. Good faculty in the main office and teachers in the rooms are well taught in their subjects they teach. One thing I do have to say is some of their teachers do not know what it is like to deal with ADD/ADHD/Any other mental issue a student could have. For instance I have ADHD and my teacher for becoming a matter student told me that my ADHD is just an excuse. Sadly enough ADHD is the difference between learning what needs to be learned versus looking dead at the teacher, not hear a word said and thinking about everything under the sun except what's being taught
Actually have the classes that are part of a certification program or required classes for the major be available to attend.
It is a very small community but the teachers are very nice and motivating. I actually took summer classes and they were good reasonable homework. I later moved on to fall then spring. I have joined their theater clubs and honor society and it is a bit hard to get students motivated and join clubs but that is what makes the clubs even more reason to have them. It is to recruit others and get them involved in school. They have great teachers and several programs that help students with books and meal cards. Like EOPS, Calworks, CARE, and the YESS program, they also have a program for incoming high school students named Barstow promise. Promising kids their first year is free. They have something called a food pantry where students can come in and fill up a bag of food like rice cereal peanut butter.
My experience at Barstow Community College has been amazing so far. The teachers and staff really do care about their students and care for their well-being. Most of the classes are very small and very personable so it is easy to make friends and to get to know your professor. In fact, pretty much all of my professors took time to learn everyones name and get to know their story. One thing that I wish would change is that sometimes I wish there was a bit more security on campus but other than that this is a good college.
Very remote area. Good teachers, plus small classes! Really good for attention needing students. They have a campus on the military base, and also online classes! They also give free AA to military spouses and dependents!
Barstow Community College has been a life changer for me. The counselors are always readily available to speak to you. The professors and counselors actively help the students succeed. It's really easy to get classes, I haven't had one situation when I could not get into a class I needed. However, student activities and club events are scarce and if they do occur do not take place at a practical time for many students to attend.
Barstow College was an awesome college to attend and get me on the track I needed to be. Once I enrolled in this college I was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA for over 80% of my time there.
I like how eager the staff are to help you. Also all the accommodations that the Access /EOPS Office give to individuals with disabilities. Student services is a tremendously great help at tutorial and using there computers is easy and accessible.
Start Your Review of Barstow Community College
I liked how staff and educators were very helpful in helping me get my AA degree. I was going through a hard time with cancer surgery and treatments and the staff never let me fall they helped me push through and I was able to receive my AA degree and with accommodations I was able to be escorted across the stage to receive my degree.
Barstow college is a big beautiful college. This is my second year attending. Everyone of my teachers have been understanding and helpful. I graduated from high school in 1989. Being 43 years old and going back to school was a scary thing to think about. Every one of the staff have been there for me. Just like most College students I have had bumps in the road. Things that happen that makes me want to give up in school. The counselors at Barstow community college listen to me and give me good advice. Barstow community college has the most beautiful roses.
The staff is amazing and they are the sweetest people ever. I am able to do things I enjoy and I learn something new everyday. Going here has helped me become myself and not to be so afraid of life.