Barry University Reviews

1,314 reviews
I will say it has been a little difficult doing class online but I will say the teachers understand the struggle so they are not so hard which is good.
I love so far the teachers really care about the students and really get to know the students which is very important in my opinion. I see that the school provides a lot of help foe the students which is really good. I love how small the classrooms are it makes me feel comfortable. Overall a great school.
The staff is very helpful friendly. Everyone wants you to succeed. The campus is really big and everyone is nice. People speak with you even if they do not know you. The campus is located in a really nice neighborhood and it is safe. I have lived near the campus for most of my teenage years and I have always admired watching students walking by looking eager to learn and get an education. I want to say that most of motivation came from just that experience. The application process to apply to the school is straight forward and advisors may call you along the way for support. They all show willingness to help and they follow up on your needs. Whenever I send an email with questions someone calls me within 48 hours to address my concern either by email or by a direct phone call. The admission process seems effortless. I would recommend anyone to apply to Barry University.
Start Your Review of Barry University
My best guess is that Barry University is a scam. I signed up for a virtual camp and never received any information to join the camp when the time came. I have written countless emails and received no response and I haven’t been able to reach anyone on the phone.
I didn’t have the opportunity for a learning experience, so I wouldn’t know if the learning experience is good or bad.
I am just recently applied and plan to start this fall, it's been difficult trying to get help with my application.
I haven't started yet, but it's been difficult to get someone to contact me about the next step. I hope to have a better experience once I get started on my degree.
This is a tough category to fill out. Online learning is drastically different in comparison to its counter part. I've only recently experienced an online learning platform, in large part due to COVID-19 situation that has literally put everything to a stop, if not at least a hard pause. I believe my rating of 5 stars is fair given the fact that the Faculty, Staff, and Students alike only had days (literally) to not only "figure out" how to switch to an online platform, but also basically change the course to accommodate for the change. It was almost like starting school from scratch. There were the fair share of difficulties in the adjustment period from face-to-face teaching/learning, to "remote learning". I cannot in my right mind fault the Faculty at all for these difficulties. I am in the education field, myself, and I know how difficult it can be teaching a face-to-face class, let alone an online platform. Educators definitely don't get the credit we deserve for all we do!
Barry University is an exceptional University. I had no prior knowledge of Barry until one of my professors from MDC mentioned it. I am very thankful he did. I am 100% certain I made a wise choice in choosing to attend Barry University. I truly believe that Barry University is a hidden gem. I love how "small" the University is in comparison to the larger ones within the state. I believe it really does help foster a warm and welcomed learning environment from not only the Faculty/Staff, but the Students, as well. Professors are more than accommodating, and understanding any and all needs the modern student requires. That is another fantastic thing about Barry University. We pride ourselves in our inclusive atmosphere. I don't know of many Universities that have as diverse of a student population, as well as faculty. We have students from literally all over the globe. This is definitely NOT a "party school", so if you're serious about your studies, Barry University is the place for you!
So far they are flexible and willing to work with you to be a good student. Professors give fair grades and limit the homework that you do, knowing a large portion of the students are adult learners.
So far Barry has provided a quality education for an adult learner like myself. Generally professors are flexible and willing to work with you on assignments.
I am currently attending Barry University and although I live almost two hours away from the school I drive there everyday and the passion that this school makes me feel is like no other. Trust me if you live in Miami you know that the traffic is terrible but I love this school and I hope to finish my career here no matter how long I drive everyday.
With COVID-19 going on we had to start doing classes remotely for a while but it was very well handled. The professors were well informed and the communication was very good.
I love my school Barry University. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One thing I would like to see changed about my school are more opportunities for kids to lower their tuition as I know a lot of people who are overwhelmed about paying.
Because if COVID-19 I was forced to take online classes but nonetheless my teachers treated our online classes no different than our online classes so there was little need to stress.
I like the school and the diversity within it. Everyone I have met ar polite and nice and the advisors are helpful and easy to talk to.
Start Your Review of Barry University
During quarantine, I had to do the rest of my semester online, but I didn't think it was bad. During my time with online learning, I didn't feel overwhelmed or pressured and could move at my own pace.
I took some of my classes online during the spring semester when Barry transitioned to remote learning. The experience wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special either.
My experience at Barry was awful. I wish I could give Barry 0 stars because 1 is too many in my opinion. The university's security team and police department handled a situation I had in the worst way possible which resulted in me getting attacked (in my dorm!) by a person who doesn't even go to Barry. Most of the food is not good, unless you like eating the exact same bland thing every single day. The freshman halls are gross, but the upperclassmen halls are a little bit better (Dominican is the best by far). The professors are okay, nothing special, but because of the small class sizes you have the option to get personal help if you're struggling with the material, so that's a plus. Also, there is no party life on campus, like literally none at all (the B- party scene score is a lie, it's more like a D-) and the Greek life is pathetic. If I had to do it again I would not go to Barry. They offer enticing financial aid, but don't fall for it. Go somewhere else.