Barry University Reviews

1,200 reviews
its a good school overall good campus, diversity is very high and the professors try their best to help you throughout the courses
Amazing opportunities in tutoring and teacher help. They make sure that their students are well taken care off so that they have the help they need to move forward and excel in their studies.
I enjoy the small community and diversity. It isn't a party college but they do very well in preparing for the future.
Start Your Review of Barry University
I just started attending Barry University and so far it's been a great experience. My guidance counselor was very helpful, the student affairs office helped me with all my questions and my professors are very knowledgeable. The athletics department, specifically the baseball team is top notch. Student life and activities are good, and the campus food is excellent.
When it comes to their academics, Barry can provide a friendly teacher to professor atmosphere. But besides that you'll often times encounter students who do not like Barry and continuously exert negative feelings towards the school.
I haven't been attending for too long. I'm literally two days into my first semester here as I type this, Since I haven't been here too long, I can't have a rating for too much but so far, it feels like I will benefit from attending this university. How I rate is dependent on what I've seen so far, and for those that I havent experienced, i will provide an average rating.
At Barry faculty/staff and students are very helpful when needing to find something. Most of the students are very friendly when approaching someone new.
The professors are great. Student life is okay. The campus is old. The school has a great catholic tradition. It has been around for decades.
Barry is a university like no other. Everyone is so helpful and wants nothing but the best for you. They give you the tools you need to succeed in life.
Very nice university, the people that works and study here are very friendly and helpful. Also the community its very awesome, the University has a very big campus, with all types the activities for the student.
Barry university has so far given me such an amazing experience . The faculty and staff are very nice and treat you as if your family. Most students also excel academically at this school.
Barry is a great school for academics. I have never learned or worked so much in school and its great.
Barry University is awesome. What I like most about the University is the meeting people from all over the world, the community service, the small class sizes, and the different organizations at Barry. I also like that there is a math lab and writing lab for the students. What I would change about Barry is having the organizations at an earlier time in the day, not in the evenings. Another thing is to have more variety of foods. Also, Barry is not a party school.
I love Barry. It's small and I think that's a great thing. As a commuter, I know I have a different experience than those living on campus. I love that my classes are interactive and hands on. My professors know my name and will notice if I showed up to class or not and they're all consistent with updating my grades. The faculty is great. The campus is real pretty too.
Barry University is a small and diverse private university. The class sizes are generally and the student to teacher ratio is very low. If you'd want lots of attention from professors this would be the school of choice.
There can be more programs on campus to engage students and help them apply what they've learnt in the class. Also the school needs more campus events and better parties.
I am currently a junior in High School and I haven't had the chance to review Barry University yet, but ever since I was in the 8th grade Barry has been my dream college. I discovered the college when I was researching colleges and once I found Barry, I instantly fell in love with it. Prior to the research, I had already knew a bit about it because my uncle went there and graduated. He speaks so highly of it and he is thrilled that I'm looking to go there. Barry has the two majors that I want to work in, psychology and nursing, and my uncle is a nurse so what better way then to get some advice and study under him. He really influenced my interest on Barry but when I actually sat down and looked over everything myself, I knew it was the right college for me. I can't wait to visit there and attend it so I can prove to myself that dreams really do come true.
My experience at Barry University is great so far! There is no other school that I rather go to but Barry. There are so many opportunities that any student in any major are able to achieve after graduating.
Start Your Review of Barry University
I'm grateful I did not have to spend more than 8 months at this school for Social Work. The professors are wonderful and they will challenge you to be the best. However, the program is highly unorganized. Numerous of people started intern extremely late and they were expected to get the same amount of hours as the required even though them being behind was no fault of the individual person's. For the advanced standing I would recommend them.
Barry University is a low budget private university. The dorms aren't that pretty, the campus is pretty, but the attitude of some staff members is ridiculous. They argue with students, and are money hungry. But I did enjoy some of my experiences. All in all, only go to Barry for law or medical; or else your money will be taken and wasted.
When it comes to academics Barry is very focused with a good professor/student ratio. However, school spirit is insanely lacking and parties are practically nonexistent.