Barry University Reviews

1,238 reviews
My experience with Barry University has been an interesting one. For starters, the school is very diverse and makes you feel right at home. From the friendly faculty and staff to the workers in the coffee shop. The classroom sizes are quite small, similar to a classroom size you would see in high school. I personally think this allows a better connection with your professors and other students within the class. It is a Catholic school, meaning there may be certain religious classes such as theology that is required for everyone to take even though it has absolutely nothing to do with your major. The university is quite okay.
So far my experience is great at Barry University. I love the Faculty and staff they awesome. So far everything is fine.
This school is PERFECT for someone interested in the nursing program. this school ranks 19th worldwide in nursing. The teachers are experienced professionals who all have Phd's. The class material is explained very thoroughly and clear and you will have a good experience at this school.
Start Your Review of Barry University
I am currently at Barry Law School. While it is expensive, I love it! I have made excellent friends thus far and met some wonderful professors.
I will officially be student as of August 27th. Therefore I have no review on the school for my personal opinion. However, other students who’s currently students, have attested Barry is a great school to seek highe education.
As a freshman, I experienced a great first year at Barry. All of my professors were committed to helping me understand the class material and seeing me improve in their classes. The overall environment is fun and energetic. The campus is very open and beautiful.
Barry University is a very diverse place, filled with people from all over the world. At the same time, it has comfortable and small classrooms, providing an opportunity for better learning. The teachers truly care and want to see the students succeed, therefore they give of their time and dedication to teach and help them understand the material. If I could change something it would be a greater variety of food and an expansion of more campus space.
It's my first year at Barry University and my ide experience in the University has been a satisfying one. The faculty is one that can be easily reached and available when needed. The campus is easy to get around and you can experience different cultures on campus. I have found usefull resourses on campus which facilitate learning in the major I selected.
school very small classes professors willing to help and accomondating, the library is an excellent resource,,students willing to share and help each other,
schoollis the model of diversity
More affordable housing options

More student events for those living on campus

Better Greek Life

More course offerings online
I loved the small school environment with small class sizes. The strong Catholic based environment and family oriented community.
Barry University is great for students with various majors. They really get into detail with your career choices, singling out your best qualities, the classes are small and are ideal for better learning along with the diversity present at the school; it is nice how quiet and peaceful the atmosphere is.
I'm a sophomore at Barry University and so far my experience has been alright. On the acedemic side of Barry it is very good. Plenty of help from professors and staff. The only negative thing about Barry is probably the food and housing. The food is average for how much you pay and it's mostly always the same thing. Housing is decent, just either always very cold or hot and musty. We can't control the temperature. Hope this helps with your college search!
The faculty is very nice, the school of social work offers students cookies, tea, and coffee every day!
The small classroom sizes are ideal for better learning along with the diversity present at the school.
Barry University is good if someone really likes small classroom sizes. The curriculum is really good. The student life just needs to be more interesting with having better events.
I’m a freshman in my third semester at Barry University and I am very successful. The professors really do care about their students and are always there to help. The class size is very small and the campus is small so everyone knows each other and your professors know who you are. Our sports teams are very good especially our basketball teams. Overall, Barry is a great place to be especially since it is in Miami.
Start Your Review of Barry University
I’ve loved my experience at Barry, this institution gave me a second change to get an education and I’ll treasure that forever. Now I’ll just have to pay it forward once I graduate!!
For a small university, Barry has a surprising amount of small cafes with latin food. The school overall is good with fairly academics and professors that are motivated to teach. A small issue is their strange way of choosing classes for new students. They base everything off SAT scores, and if you don't do well on English, they'll put you in introductory classes such as English 095 or Math 091. I might transfer out of it, but don't be worried; I just prefer a colder climate in the north. If you love the warmth and weather of Miami, consider choosing this school. Have a look at their website too. Barry.edu
Overall, the academics and the weather at Barry University are the best parts. As a out-of-town student it was a bit of a culture shock. I did not enjoy the social atmosphere of the school, and I did not feel at home... causing me to transfer.