Barry University Reviews

1,225 reviews
The faculty is very nice, the school of social work offers students cookies, tea, and coffee every day!
The small classroom sizes are ideal for better learning along with the diversity present at the school.
Barry University is good if someone really likes small classroom sizes. The curriculum is really good. The student life just needs to be more interesting with having better events.
Start Your Review of Barry University
I’m a freshman in my third semester at Barry University and I am very successful. The professors really do care about their students and are always there to help. The class size is very small and the campus is small so everyone knows each other and your professors know who you are. Our sports teams are very good especially our basketball teams. Overall, Barry is a great place to be especially since it is in Miami.
I’ve loved my experience at Barry, this institution gave me a second change to get an education and I’ll treasure that forever. Now I’ll just have to pay it forward once I graduate!!
For a small university, Barry has a surprising amount of small cafes with latin food. The school overall is good with fairly academics and professors that are motivated to teach. A small issue is their strange way of choosing classes for new students. They base everything off SAT scores, and if you don't do well on English, they'll put you in introductory classes such as English 095 or Math 091. I might transfer out of it, but don't be worried; I just prefer a colder climate in the north. If you love the warmth and weather of Miami, consider choosing this school. Have a look at their website too. Barry.edu
Overall, the academics and the weather at Barry University are the best parts. As a out-of-town student it was a bit of a culture shock. I did not enjoy the social atmosphere of the school, and I did not feel at home... causing me to transfer.
I love how quiet and peaceful the atmosphere is. The classroom size is small and that's what I like about Barry.
I love Barry University very much and has a great environment for students to learn at and i highly recommend students to attend.
I am a transfer student at Barry University, for the the two days I've been going there to ask more information about enrolling into their nursing program, the staff has been really nice to me, and patient. The nursing adviser I last seen had a lot of great information for me, just by her character I can tell shes a good person, and she wanted to me to join this university, she told me all the requirements I'm missing and she was willing to help me and explain everything without a rush or any frustration.
Transferring to a new university in a new state was absolutely scary for. I was worried I wouldn't make friends or branch out of my comfort zone. Being at Barry however made all my doubts diminish as I so greatly love it here. The teachers are approachable, the classes are interesting (I took a comic book- I mean how exciting is that), and it's so rich in diversity as you meet people from various cultures. I love my time here at Barry and am so glad I made the decision to attend.
Small campus and class sizes makes learning much easier but campus life could be better considering the costs of attendance.
My experience at Barry University gave me the opportunity to expand my source of education. My professors are great and they work with you whenever you have a problem. The environment allowed me to be comfortable because it's so diverse.
Love the way it directs you to your major and is with you every step of the way to completing your dream.
Barry University is a school with a lot of opportunities. This University is great for students with various majors. They really get into detail with your career choices, singling out your best qualities.
Barry Univeristy is very expensive, but the classes are small which is good because you can get that one on one with your professor if you need it and the school is diverse. The Finacial aid office is a mess and they tend to mess up award letter which can really be bad for the student especially when they have already started the semester.
I had a Great experience I enjoyed my tour and thought the campus was very clean and easy to get around. The cafeteria was great full of wonderful choice of great food.
Start Your Review of Barry University
Most of the professors are great in the social work department. The school leads you on with incorrect information when applying to the school. Administration is very disorganized.
I love Barry University! The campus is beautiful and has vast amounts of diverse students. The campus is also small enough to get to class on time and still large enough to provide all the necessary credits I need. The staff, professors, and my peers are especially friendly, nice, and helpful. Go Bucs!
Barry University is very welcoming and has a great professor to student relationship when it comes to teaching but I would like to see more campus life things go on here.