COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
COVID-19 Admissions & Financial Aid FAQs Learn More
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB-
Grounded in the liberal arts tradition, Barry University is a scholarly community devoted to the highest academic standards of undergraduate, graduate, and professional education. Our Miami Shores campus is home to seven colleges and schools offering a variety of outstanding degree programs in business, STEM, nursing and pre-med, education, fine and performing arts, communications, social work, and so much more.
In and out of the classroom, our students “Live a Barry Life” through learning, reflection, and action. Our philosophy of inclusion, social justice, and collaborative service is rooted in our Catholic heritage and inspires students to foster change locally and globally.
Through small, hands-on classes you’ll explore your interests and talents and pursue your desired career with the mentorship of dedicated faculty and the support of a passionate, diverse, and tight-knit student body. No matter your major, you’ll prepare to join the next generation of change agents and leaders.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.71 responses
Biology at Barry University
Barry’s BS in Biology with Pre-Medical specialization offers a career-driven education for students seeking admission to medical school. By concentrating on a Pre-Med curriculum within the Biology major, you’ll prepare to apply for med school and even get a head start by learning material most students don’t encounter in their undergraduate studies. We also offer an accelerated three-year option.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.90 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.112 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses