Barnes-Jewish College - Goldfarb School of Nursing Reviews

Horrible. Not even diverse. So much online technical difficulties. I frequently could not access my student account or email. Currently enrolled. Will promise you the world with no follow through. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN HERE. Give me AT LEAST WHAT I'M PAYING FOR: great education with the great reputation. I was fooled. Extremely disorganized, and NONE of the staff are on the same page. I can not wait to get out of here and NEVER look back again. Each term I MAX OUT all of my government loans (sub and unsub loans) on top of financial aid, pell grant ect...and STILL owe out of pocket.... it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE for students to get tutoring assistance here, they have no tutoring center. .. you are literally at the mercy of a peer tutor who they put 100% of the weight on and it is a hit or miss if you get a good peer tutor or not, because they are one grade above you and they have their own course loads to manage. This school is a LITERAL DISASTER. DO NOT GO HERE
Horrible. So much online technical difficulties. I frequently could not access my student account or email. Currently enrolled. Will promise you the world with no follow through. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN HERE. Give me AT LEAST WHAT I'M PAYING FOR: great education with the great reputation. I was fooled. Extremely disorganized, and NONE of the staff are on the same page. I can not wait to get out of here and NEVER look back again. Each term I MAX OUT all of my government loans (sub and unsub loans) on top of financial aid, pell grant etc...and STILL owe out of pocket.... it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE for students to get tutoring assistance here, they have no tutoring center. .. you are literally at the mercy of a peer tutor who they put 100% of the weight on and it is a hit or miss if you get a good peer tutor or not, because they are one grade above you and they have their own course loads to manage. This school is a LITERAL DISASTER. DO NOT GO HERE
The clinicals at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Missouri Baptist Hospital were superb as were the clinical instructors.
Start Your Review of Barnes-Jewish College - Goldfarb School of Nursing
Online learning at Barnes-Jewish College - Goldfarb School of Nursing were excellent. All of the instructors took the extra time to work with you to answer your questions.
My professors didn't know how to use a computer. We wasted countless hours of class time waiting for my professors to figure out how to properly use the conferencing software, despite them having an entire technological transition week during the COVID pandemic.
I have had a deplorable experience in Goldfarb's ABSN program from the second I accepted my off to the second I graduated. The lured me in with large scholarships that they made seem like I would automatically qualify and receive them. I was later notified I got NO scholarship funding because my graduation date was later, which I had made abundantly clear to the admissions person, Misty, when I met with her in person. Terribly disorganized and incompetent faculty with poor communication (lied to by faculty members multiple times). This corporation is not LGBTQIA+ friendly nor Black-friendly. While they talk about the importance of cultural competency in nursing, they DO NOT demonstrate these values. I ran into multiple racist faculty members and a disregard for my needs as a disabled, queer, nonbinary student. The only reason they are rated #1 in Missouri is because they have donors with BIG pockets. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
This school is a wonderful option for those who are considering a more affordable and quicker route to becoming an RN. They provide a great quality of education and have some of the best professors I have ever had. It is located in a fairly safe and popular area of St. Louis.
This school does a really good job of preparing nursing students for futures in clinical work, research, nurse education, and leadership.
I really like the content that they teach you. It makes me really excited to be a nurse! However, the business and the logistics side of the school are horrible. Communication is not very good and registration is very very difficult.
Goldfard school of Nursing is an excellent school. Very competitive to get in, must have at least 3.0 average. The professors are approachable and very helpful. All of them are Nurses. The administrators are easily seen frequently throughout campus.
For the accelerated nursing program, professors are mostly good, not exceptional. They're offering more resources for after graduation than previously. Administration seemed to care more about raw numbers (tuition received, board pass rate) than the happiness of students and quality of teachers.
Instructors and faculty care a lot about student education and for them to succeed here. The program is set up with a great variety or learning styles including lectures, simulation labs, and clinicals. The sim labs at Goldfarb are what I believe really set them apart, very state of the art. This program continues to grow and make constructive changes to fully prepare students in becoming nurses. I would highly recommend this program to anyone pursuing a BSN degree who would like a positive experience accomplishing it.
So many student resources are available at no extra cost. You can meet with your teacher to discuss any concerns and be tutored by others for classes at no extra cost. The staff wants you to succeed, but they also push you to try your hardest to be the best nurse you could possibly be.
Overall, this is a good school. However, they need to pick better professors, who actually care about their students and the tuition that they are paying. Some of the professors do not care about the success of their students and hardly teach.
Goldfarb is an excellent school, and prepares students for the most adverse conditions that they will experience in a hospital environment. There are a variety of students, and they bond together to get through difficult situations, not unlike situations that will unfold in a real life emergency. It is an excellent school
Goldfarb School of Nursing has been excellent to me. I love the teachers and the environment. They do what it takes to make sure you succeed and that is what I love the most. We have peer leaders, peer tutors, peer mentors, etc. On top of all that you can talk to you professors about anything and they will do what they need to do to make sure you understand the material. I would recommend this college to anybody. Yes, it might be pricey but it is definitely worth it in the end.
This school has the best teachers and stimulation labs. The teachers are very dedicated to help you pass and the school is challenging but is not impossible. They make you think and use what you have learned to your full ability and it is a totally worthwhile program.
Start Your Review of Barnes-Jewish College - Goldfarb School of Nursing
I started in the spring of 2017 as a junior, I transferred in from St Charles Community College. The school is a great school. The classes are small and you have great learning resources.
There are so many possibilities with attending this school on what career path I want to take. I wouldn't choose any other school to go to. It is the best out there for the career I want
I would choose it again because it offers everything I need to reach my goal.